July 25, 2005, 11:24 am CDT

testing

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 12:41 pm CDT

Need to make a change

Hi I'm a 39 year old{no really!!}mother of 3 young girls,whom I love more than life itself.With that being said,how come I'm so out of shape? I'm 4"11 and I weigh 170lbs which I beleive is considered obese.I'm so tired of being fat.I have an underactive thyroid which I was told could be preventing me from losing weight,but I don't know.

I lost my MOM at 57 to C.O.P.D{lung disorder} she was my world and I didn't think I could carry on without her or be a good mother.I knew I had to for my childrens sake.When I finally got to the point that I could function without thinking about her every waking moment,I relized how much weight I put on.How,I don't know because I hardly ever ate,but when I did I guess I made bad choices.So I joined Weight watchers and Curves,but after a year with WW I stopped going to meetings because I would lose 4lbs then put on 5.So I bought Dr.Phil's weight loss solution book and was about to start it when to my horror..my DAD died of a heart attack in his house on july 2nd.Well that's when we found him,he was gone 3 days prior to that.This was a young 61 year old man who took good care of himself,he didn't have a heart condition.We just had a bbq and he just went fishing with his brother,he was the picture of health,he was a diabetic but he had that under control.I just don't get it.Sorry for going on.

I got thinking that if I die at the age my parents did then I only have about 20 years left.I want to be there for my children,I don't want them to see me fat anymore,because I'm tired and sore all the time.It breaks my heart to see the sadness in their eyes when I don't play with them.The weather has been in the high 30's here in Canada and I won't wear shorts.I stand on the beach fully clothed and watch my children and husband play,because I won't be caught dead in a bathing suit.I'm missing out on my kids life and I don't want to anymore because they are all I've got.I want them to have fond memories of me.

I guess what I'm asking is has anyone tried Dr.Phil's diet?Do you like it?Better yet...Does it work?I guess anything will work if you put your mind to it.Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanking for listening,it was nice to get somethings off my chest.

Good luck to everyone who's fighting the battle of the bulge.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
August 23, 2005, 8:45 pm CDT

Cupcakes & Cookies Oh My!!

Hello..Fellow Chocolate lovers.Here are a couple of low cal desserts,for the chocolate lover in you.     

{sounds like I'm auditioning for a commercial}     

Chocolate Chip Cookies    

1 serving of cooking spray{5 one second sprays}    

1 pkg. devils food cake mix {2.2 oz}    

2 tbsp. calorie reduced margarine    

2 tbsp. water    

2 large egg whites    

1 large egg    

1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chunks {or chips}    

Instructions    

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.   

2. Combine cake mix,margarine,water,egg whites and egg in a large mixing bowl.Beat on low   

speed until blended and smooth,fold in chocolate chunks.   

3. Drop batter by heaping tablespoon,2 inches apart,onto prepared baking sheet.Bake until puffed   

up and dry to the touch,about 10-12 minutes.Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.   

Chocolate Muffins {These curve my chocolate craving every time}   

Ingredients   

3 cups All Bran Cereal   

2.5 cups water  

1 pkg.Betty Crocker low fat brownie mix  

1.5 tsp.baking powder  

1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips{optional}  

Instructions  

Soak All Bran in water until all water is absorbed  

Mix in brownie mix and baking powder and the chocolate chips  

Fill muffin cups with mixture and bake at 35 degrees for 20-25 minutes  

*I only fill my cups half way,so my muffins won't be too big.  

*Enjoy! without guilt,they really are low in fat,calories and all that junk.  

Take Care 

Kim  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board