Messages By: kblaze

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 18, 2006, 2:29 pm CDT

work out in the house

Quote From: ritehere

This thread surely speaks to changing those everyday behaviors that contribute to your size and shape!
The first thing I had to do was to list all of the behaviors that were unecessary time-wasters and sedentary to boot! Like spending too much time on the Dr Phil boards! I came here because I needed positive attention and feedback, I needed encouragement, approval and, yes, love. All the things I was trying to find in food! Well, I have recieved all of these needed self-esteem builders, and it's time to cut back drastically on screen-to-face time and replace it with more activity.
In addition to my regular work-out routines I will be running up and down the stairs in my house, I will be sweeping the floors more often, in addition to other household chores that I neglect when I spend too much time here. If I'm watching TV, I will get up during each commercial and do something, maybe some crunches or stretches.
The list is endless if you give it some thought.
Anybody else with some innovative and interesting ideas about incorporating more activity into your daily routines?
Well, instead of going up and down the stairs more often.  I literally get home from work - put dinner on and then run up and down the stairs 10 times (up and down being 1) and then after that I sit on my exercise ball and do weights with my arms.  Then I do 100 sit-ups and some other core exercises like laying on your stomach on the ball and doing push ups and laying on your stomach and bringing your legs up - (tightens your butt =)).  If you watch the infomercial on the CORE workout - you can see ideas with out even buying the video.  It's a good 45 min workout or at least 30 minutes.  I do that 3 times a week and the other 4 days I just do the 10 up and down the stairs - it works great and is fast.  Don't do it more - just literally stop and do it all.  I have gotten so good it only takes me about 20 minutes now - it's great.  Hope that might help

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board