Message Boards

Messages By: rover44

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
February 21, 2006, 9:06 am CST

My opinion

I  will not be longwinded but get straight to the point!!The reason relationships don't work is  

because one person wants to be the "BOSS".In this case it is Grant with his critical attitude. 

This is a power trip.The bible says when a man marries he obtains a helper not a SLAVE!! 

As far as the housework,It's not the house that makes the home but the people inside. 

Grant does not respect his wife and WILL drive her away.Marriage is two people respecting 

each other and intimacy follows.Grant is task orientated and he missed something in his life called LOVE and I pray his wife has lots of patience!! 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 1, 2006, 2:15 pm CST

??

I'm not familiar with cheaters but I would guess they have low self-esteem and need lots of approval.This 3+ marriage never got out of the starting gate.Maybe the both of them should have 

taken a marriage course.The one thing I  liked was that the young man showed REMORSE. 

It all depends what is wife wants,if she visions the future without him.I see some hope for them!! 

Good Luck 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
March 9, 2006, 6:16 pm CST

Welcome to the world of teenagers!!

The person that needs the most help in this family is the mother.Her coping mechanisms ar not 

very good. I have teenagers and yes they swear at you, run out and get piercings etc.Instead of investing her time in shopping it should be in her family.Name callling never gets  you any where  

and she should honor her children's choices  as long as its not a danger to the child.Good communication is the key.Don't call your son a liar(reverse it)"I know  you tell the truth, you are honest''.Maybe she should take her daughter somewhere to do some  volunteer work that might 

land her a job and not collect food stamps.To me teenagers are rebellious  but what they are saying is "Mom I'm going through some changes but do you still like me"? If she is going to  

disagree with her husband it should be behind closed doors andnever compare yourself to 

other families.Somebody has to lead this family.Life is not a bowl of cherries.My parents worked hard to give us eveything money could not buy!! 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 2, 2006, 10:37 am CDT

in the ring?

The thing I found interesting about Kim and her husband is that they were both verbal fighters,  

whereas he saw himself cerebral.It's almost like a boxing match(whose going to get the next punch).These styles com from our parents and when  we get in bed with our spouses,our parents are their too!This couple needs to find out want is making them so unhappy. If the husband is  

away too long-he should compromise and find another job. If kim feels being a full time mother  

is too much then get a part-time job,join a club etc.Fighting like that only gets you highblood  

pressure which leads to stroke and heart attack.Compromise  is the key.    Best of luck!  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 8, 2006, 8:33 pm CDT

God's Will

Praise God that this family ended up on the Dr.Phil show!!It really reminded me of a family on our street who had six kids and she ran out in the middle of the street screaming(breakdown) and  

the ambulance took her away.This mother is hurting and she is hurting bad!The confusing part of the show is when the husband watched the tape and didn't show much emotions as he watched his wife hit the kids.I believe he knows what is going on.Maybe she is angry because she feels alone  

raising these kids.Some men think all they have to do is bring the paycheck home and  not helpbecause they want to be mister good guy and  mommy is the bad guy!!Husband  

step up to the plate or you will lose your family.it is the will of God that  brought you to the show  

and I will pray a novena for this family  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 15, 2006, 3:24 pm CDT

Learning to love the people were stuck with!!

I see a mother-in-law who is very controlling and someone has to stop her in her tracks.There very well has to be a reason for this behavior and Dr. Phil should dig deep to find out why.She has no respect for her daughter let alone her son-in-law.We need some tough love here.Annika shouldn't  

deny her rights to her granddaughter.Give  mom some leeway but pull back if you have too.Mom  

and daughter need to establish a relationship with boundaries.Read"The five people you meet in heaven" by Mitch Albom...............good luck  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
May 27, 2006, 8:36 pm CDT

Help us to protect our children!!

I wish Dr.Phil would do a show on these tattoo parlours because  they are to accessible to under age kids. My own daughter 16 got a belly piercing and hid it for two months until her shirt slid up  and I discovered it.The business card was in her purse and when I phoned the place, the man had no record(says he throws them out every 3 months).What if my daughter contracted HIV.Hepatitis or had toxic shock sydrome??Also to shock me the man said he has pierced  11yr old girls privates.Also other parents have posed a guardians to the under age kids to obtain piercing and tatoos.These places are cropping up on every street corner and the laws are not stringent.We have to go to our law makers................................VIOLATED PARENT!!  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 21, 2006, 10:41 pm CDT

not on the same page

The feeling I have about this couple is that they are not on the same page.He claims she has micromanaged his affairs,so if he wasn't happy why didn't  he leave her years ago?At the same time,she is demanding a ring and a changed man while accusing him of stalking her.One of them has to come to a decision and it's also incomprehensible how a police officer would hit his own children  

with a belt.I believe this couple should remain separated but be friendly towards each other and get the professional help they need.  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 16, 2006, 11:47 am CDT

exploitation of children

This show has brought  back the memory of Jon Benet who's case has shamelessly not been

solved.I believe these pageants do exploit children and social services should step in and protect

the children.I'm not saying the parents do not have good intentions for their children but it is a playing ground for pediphiles.We need laws to govern these pageants.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
February 6, 2007, 8:32 pm CST

What's the name of the game??

I could only watch Scott for so long before I headed for the biffy to do you know what!!You know the song"What's the name of the game" by ABBA? What is this guys game? The reason most relationships don"t work is because one party wants to be boss.Tara-fix yourself up and go out on the town or go visit  long lost cousin in Canada.I'd like to see Tara GET SOME MORE POWER

BACK IN THIS RELATIONSHIP.I nregards to the housework(when your too tired-HIRE SOMEONE

TO DO IT!   Rule #1 Don't tell those men everything

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board