Message Boards

Messages By: missjane2

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 15, 2005, 10:03 am CDT

Nikki, Brittany and Cindy

When I saw this show, I was upset with Cindy for being so lenient, but when I reread this on the chat board I saw that it has only been two months since they were married and I think it is too soon to expect so much in such a short amount of time. Maybe a year?  You have to let time go by for the high waves to calm.  But the whole garage thing is so dumb to me.  It is midnight and she is screaming?  Should they have put her outside so a bad stranger can get her?  As long as the garage light was on and it wasn't spooky and there wasn't anything dangerous in the garage.... I don't think it was wrong to put her in the garage away from the sleeping other children.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 15, 2005, 6:51 pm CDT

Nikki, Brittany and Cindy

It is true Jadaok that Stepparents USE their kids to continue their fight and antagonism that was in their marriage.  Perhaps it's revenge or feeling good that the child likes them better. 

I think kids are kids and think like kids.  I have 4 kids and the youngest is very ornery and I have worked with him since he has been a baby.  The only reason he is not on Ritalin is because he is social and his teachers love him. 

Last week he decided he wanted to buy a hamster.  He is 8 yrs old.  He got a photo from the newspaper for $34.99 and went door to door selling junk and collecting money to buy this hamster.  NOW THIS IS MY KID, NOT MY STEP KID.  When he was told he is not getting a hamster... He went to his brother and sister and said QUOTE:  I don't care what she says, I AM NOT GIVING UP MY DREAM!  I will have a hamster someday. 

Now his DREAM is to have a hamster.  Mine is not!  But a ice cream cone, a McDonald Happy Meal, Putt Putt golf, Visiting and playing with a puppy at a Dog Store and other things are good BRIBES to calm a tantrum of an 8 yr old child who feels HIS DREAM is being CRUSHED. 

I think little things can go a long way with simple explanations to kids. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 18, 2005, 9:53 am CDT

Selfish

I think this is a very hard situation to be in.  It is easy to look from the outside looking in and express opinions, but to actually be in it is devastating.  I do think that Michael is selfish and his entire family.  It is interesting how they ALL say:  Oh, they couldn't take it if they lost the kids, but don't give a #$%^&* about Linda's feelings.  Unfortunately Linda your hateful comments are justified, but for the sake of the courts... you need to fight over facts and not with character assassination comments even though you don't agree with his lifestyle and many others don't agree.  He is still a person with rights in our country.  And he is a product of rejection somewhere which hateful comments only further push him into his gender choices.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 18, 2005, 3:27 pm CDT

Florida

Well I really have very little respect for the Florida Courts.  They seem to have problems when it comes to making decisions and knowing the difference between right and wrong.  That is probably the real problem here. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 19, 2005, 3:31 pm CDT

Cliff and Kim and Swinging

I do not agree with Swinging.  Cliff and Kim should get a divorce.  I noticed all the religious comments in this thread.  And really RELIGION is a thermastat of why people do what they do when trouble in a relationship happens.  It is kind of like playing chess and its Check Mate.  You are @#$%^& if you do and #$%^&* if you don't.  It's because you are worried what Grandma is going to say at Thanksgiving Dinner when she finds out you are getting a divorce.  Once someone else knows there is a problem in your relationship, not only do you have a problem in that relationship but you also have a wall between you and the relative or friend who gets involved because stigma is "you must be doing something wrong if you are in a bad relationship."  And so its like another negative.   So it's wrong to Swing, Its Wrong to get a Divorce, Its wrong to Run off with Someone, Its Wrong to put up with all your Spouses $%^&*.  So the right thing to do is Sit in front of your television eating Bon Bons watching Dr. Phil till it somehow fixes you!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 19, 2005, 3:41 pm CDT

Catfight

One thing too is that this is a CATFIGHT.  It is 2 Women fighting.  True he wants to be dad and appears to be dad.  But biologically since he is a Woman, he is FIGHTING like a woman. 
He still has the emotional make up of a woman and has that maternal instinct.  If he was truly a man this show would perhaps be about trying to get child support from him or trying to get him more involved.  But although he tries to be a man, he still has female emotions.  Yes a CATFIGHT.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 19, 2005, 5:50 pm CDT

I think Linda should have a Baby

I think Linda should have another baby.  I don't know how old you are Linda, but this may be a solution to your very difficult situation.  If you are not married than get sperm from a sperm bank if you don't want to do it the nonChristian way.  This sperm will not have any custody rights.  I am not saying forget your kids.  Soon they will be adults and allowed to make their own decisions.  You are going to fight with Michael about them the rest of your life.  Stop fighting with Michael and have a baby.  This sweet little baby without his DNA or court interferring placement and  will be yours to raise and rear as you please.  And it will draw your other kids back to your too.   And you won't have to fight with Michael or anyone else about your new baby.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
sad
August 19, 2005, 7:37 pm CDT

Getting Back Your Daughter

Quote From: stokedrave

Anger!!! That makes me so angry. The courts should void that marriage and the adoption because "Michael" is a woman. She is sick and her family is sick get those children away from that nut! She needs serious counseling. How can any court place those children to be raised by someone who isn't sure about their own identity. "Michael" is very sick!  

Eight years ago my 4-month-old daughter was kidnapped from me and handed over to her birth father who at the time was 15 years old. I was 18 years old. When I contacted police they informed me that there was no such thing as parental kidnapping in the state of NC. I was forced to hire an attorney; I paid her $750.00. When the court date came around my attorney did not even show up for court and since then has been dis-barred and is nowhere to be found. However, I lost my court case due to lack of proper representation, a then 16 year old boy was awarded custody of my baby girl. He lived with his parents of course, one of which was a convicted felon on multiple charges including trafficking drugs and had spent time in prison on more than one occasion. I was awarded visitation every other weekend from 6:00pm Friday until 6:00pm Sunday. Everytime I attempted to exercise my visitation I was assaulted, threatened, and sometimes not even given the chance to see my daughter. On one such occasion I received a death threat that frightened me into moving out of state.  

To make a very long story short I stayed away from this man for very good reason. I recently learned that he had a crack-cocaine addiction, hit his best-friend in the head with a claw hammer, shot someone, went to prison, was committed to detox, assaulted many people including his own mother, attempted suicide, and one of his more recent actions was to rob the First Citizens Bank on March 16, 2005. Shortly after that he was involved in a shoot-out with the  Police Department in which an officer was forced to shoot and kill him.  

As soon as I learned that he was dead, I felt safe enough to go back and get my daughter who is now almost 8 years old. However, it just wasn't that simple. When he went to detox in 2002 he signed custody over to his parents also a convicted felon and a woman who never even learned to drive a car. Now the grandfather is deceased from heart failure and the grandmother who never even learned to drive a car has custody of my daughter. Now I don't understand how they were able to do this since my parental rights were never terminated and they did not even attempt to locate me to claim my daughter.  

Just to give you a little info about me. I am a full-time college student with two Associate Degrees, and enrolled in an undergraduate program at a private University. I currently maintain a 4.0 GPA and was elected by my student body to serve as the President of the Student Government Association. I also served on the Board of Trustees for the college, am a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Who's Who among students in American Junior Colleges, The National Dean's List, and served as a delegate for the North Carolina Comprehensive Community College Student Government Association. I am also a mother of another child who is 3 years old. I am pursuing a Bachelors in Political Science and will eventually attend law school. This insane custody battle over my daughter has inspired a high school drop out to finish high school go to a community college, then a university, and one day a law school. I am determined to practice family law and help families. I am determined to make sure that nothing like happens to anyone else. 

I am an upstanding member of society. All these years my poor little girl has had to endure the wrath of that horrible monster, and even after he is dead I still cannot get my daughter back because the grandmother is fighting me.  It isn't right. 

I agree that is really sad.  I understand you though.  This is the thing with criminal people:  They know how to talk to the cops and GET AWAY with stuff.  Where honest people just know how to be honest and don't know how to talk to the cops.  They just tell the truth.  Where criminal people lie and don't flinch.   You know one thing I noticed is you said:  You were 18yrs and he was 15yrs.  Although you didn't mention it in your little story.... Have they accused you of child molesting because of the age difference and thus withheld parental rights?  I hate to say it that way because I don't think you are a child molester ok.  That is just how the current courts in their 1950's roots think.  Hello? teenagers have sex.   But in our society if you have a relationship with a minor this is how it is.  Hollywood pumps sex media into our generation and then wonders why kids have voluntary sex.  I think kids over 13 yrs should be held accountable for their sexual actions whereas 8 year olds shouldn't and are mislead.  13 year olds have a mind of their own and will do what ever they want.   Teenagers could go to Alabama and get legally married at age 14 yrs, but if they have a relationship in another state it is criminal.   Perhaps you should use your case and go higher up the courts to set a precidence.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 19, 2005, 7:44 pm CDT

Clarifying I think....

Quote From: jadaok

I guess I'm the only viewer who thinks that a model who sleeps with a married man, and then is found to have lied about the married man molesting their twins, deserves to be on supervised visits.  We're applauding a woman who sleeps with married men, and then gets rich off child support.  Why would anyone think a woman who stands in front of her children making a scene for the cameras calling the kids father right in front of the twins an evil man, deserves custody of the children?  When she was with this married man being irresponsible was he an evil man?  She doesn't deserve custody of her children.  Making the false allegation of sexual abuse is horrible and is considered child abuse.  I'm sure she only got the kids because the millionaire and his wife really didn't want them, but probably just wanted to teach her a lesson about lies and extortion. 
I think the thing is that he wasn't involved at all for a long time or years.  And then he shows up out of the blue and wants custody.  And cold turkey the kids don't know him at all. And then he gets the kids and has nanny's babysit them and doesn't spend any time with them.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 20, 2005, 10:24 am CDT

A Baby

Quote From: 101160

sorry if i misspelled your name.You had better be careful now about the sperm bank and a donor for linda's baby,because now its shown that men go after women for for custody.The show on called "the view"had this topic on not long ago and now fathers of these babies are now coming forward and wanting to share custody because of change of heart.and apparently they can .So why be a donor if you want kids right?go get a woman and have a baby right? well not so because there are men that want to share custody but don't want the woman .Then what?wouldn't suggest a sperm donor to quick.thanks.

Well I still think Linda deserves a little happiness and shouldn't have to put up with this the rest of her life.  She could always check with the Maury show and maybe get some from one of the dead beat dads with no strings attached. 

And Linda if you think this baby idea is not Christian.  Think about it.  Is anything about this situation Christian?  Having a baby wouldn't make it any worse.  It would probably make it better because your new child in your custody would respect you and not treat you with disrespect as they are being trained to in your ex's custody. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board