Message Boards

Messages By: DrPhilBoard5

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 7:43 am CDT

Depression

Hey there everyone ,i thought i got lost but i'm here thank god.I missed everyone .I was going crazy waiting to post.I am glad to be back with my family.Does everyone like the new boards ?Hard to get use to but as long as i can post and find my messages to answer?how do i find messages ?do i have to go to search messages again?.thanks chat soon again i'm just getting started.seeya later .cathy

For help using the message boards, please visit our Help area, just click the "Need Help?" link at the top right hand side of the boards.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 7:47 am CDT

A Word About Privacy...

Hello Cathy,

Something woke me up this a.m. For some reason I came to my computer. Saw the message about changing the name and password for the website. Then started reading it over. Don't get on my "liesure sites" too often. I was led to this lady and felt I should respond to her. Since I've never been on a message board, I don't have to adjust to this one's new look!! I deal a lot with women who are in need of a little encouragement and practical advice on everyday living. My late husband was a pastor and we did a tremendous amount of pastoral counseling. Still do, but only for women now. Met Dr. Phil at UCF last year. Told him I tell people I taught him every thing he knows. He was SO sweet. He replied, "Go ahead, they'll never know!!" He is a very gracious man indeed!! Thank you for the welcome. Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. Before I go, I should ask you (being a seasoned veteran), are there rules about these chat boards? Like, do people say where they live and things like that? Or is it all very anonymous? I tend to be a very open book and am just wondering if perhaps I shouldn't be. As I said, I've never been on a chat board anywhere!! Bye for now. L.

A Reminder...

Since this is a public forum, please do not post personal info such as full name, city and state, home address or telephone number in your message. For your safety, such info will be removed. Thanks!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 6:58 am CDT

RE: LOG OUT

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT "LOG OUT" AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE MEANS, IT IS TO THE LEFT OF "MY PROFILE". I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE ACTUAL USE OF IT - WHEN I CLICKED IT I WENT THROUGH TO MY USERNAME AND HAD TO GIVE MY PASSWORD AGAIN ???? NOT SURE WHEN ONE WOULD USE THIS.

ONE NICE THING ABOUT THIS NEW REVISED BOARD, WE ARE ALL LEARNING SOMETHING NEW.

EVERYONE HAVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE SUNDAY. HUGS, SHIRLEY

The purpose of "LOG OUT" is a security measure for people who may share a computer.  It keeps other people from posting in your name.  After you click "LOG OUT" the next user will have to "LOG IN" with their own ID and password.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 7:37 am CDT

Phil to the 7th Power Exercise Club

How do I get "favorites" listed now, so I can find my messages again?

Andiepie17

"Subscribe to this Topic"  is similar to the old Favorites.  To see how to use this and other new features, click the "Need help?" link at the top right of the page.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 7:42 am CDT

Tips page

I am not understanding this Board at all and may not be back!!! Can't seem to find today's posts???

Sharon or Suzi, please email me and let me know what I'm doing wrong??

Cathy

For help using the message boards, please visit our Help area, just click the "Need Help?" link at the top of the boards.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:07 am CDT

Need Help?

I posted and can't seem to find it. How does this thing work?
 For help using the message boards, please visit our Help area, just click the "Need Help?" link at the top of the boards.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

Photos

I see that when I post a message my profile photo goes right back to the original - I would sure like to change that image permaentlyl but then on the up side I can still use work on key 5 for maybe the reminder is with purpose!! LOL Joyce
 The Tech Team is still working on the picture feature.  It should be resolved soon. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:18 am CDT

Finding your last post

Hi I posted this morning for some support and friendly faces but can't even find my posting-I'm sure I'm doing something/or not doing something I should-help please-Thanks Ann
You can find links to the last 3 posts that you have made by going to "MY PROFILE".  They will be on the bottom right of the MY PROFILE page.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:57 am CDT

Order of messages

Thank you Joe for the info, greatly appreciated. I see most of you got the hang of it. For me, I'm just not getting it. I do have my messages set to newest in my profile. But I still can't seem to find the newest and last messages. If I find newest, where does it end? It keeps on going, pg 2, 3, 20, 30 etc. I don't see message numbers only time and date. I don't normally talk like this but I"m at the point where I don't want to come back here. As you can tell I"m frustrated.

Hugs Brandy

If you go to your "My Profile" and set the messages to OLDEST each time you sign in it will show you the oldest messages that you have not read yet and continue thru the newest message on that board. 

If you have it set to NEWEST it will show you the newest posts first & you will be able to keep going backwards as far as you want to go until you hit the beginning of the board.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 9:49 am CDT

200 Pounds or More to Lose

Hey everyone! I'm really glad the board's back up! BUT! This new system is frustrating! There's no favorites so you can keep track of the last message you read. And if you keep clicking "next" while you read the messages you get the same messages repeated later on. It's not a reply thing popping up either from what I can see. There been a couple of messages where the letter were so big the letters overlapped! Sigh! All things work out with time I've heard and hopefully that'll apply here! I'm hoping you're all having a great weekend. Hugs from Dee!
 "Subscribe to this Topic"  is similar to the old Favorites.   When you "Subscribe to this topic", the next time you sign in you will see the topic listed in your "My Profile" page along with the number of new messages that have been posted since you last were logged on.  You can click the number of new messages to go directly to that board. 

The new system keeps track of the new posts since the last time you logged on so you no longer have to.

The messages with really large letters is a bug that we are aware of and it is being worked on.  It should be resolved soon.

If you go to your MY PROFILE page you can also change the order in which messages are displayed.  If you choose OLDEST it will start with the earliest messages and you will read your way down to the newest messages last.   If you choose NEWEST, it will begin your pages with the newest messages being posted to that board and read backwards toward the beginning of that board.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board