Message Boards

Messages By: fluffy821

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 5:19 pm CDT

Good Evening Friends

HI!  How nice to see the board back.  It will take some of us a day or two to adjust to it, but it is back AND just in the nick of time.

I'll post more later.

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 4:32 pm CDT

Saturday Evening

Good Evening Girls!

I have noticed that the messages written in bold type are easier to read, even in the smaller print.  We have had a fairly cool day here with strong winds and heavy rain off and on.  Half of the population of this town is without electricity right now - thankfully, it is not our half.  :-)

I emptied a couple more boxes today.  JOAN, like you, I'm finding the things I really need and am backing off a little.  I need to purchase book shelves before I can unpack my library, but most of the other things are now available.  The kitchen and gues room will be some of the last boxes I do.

I weighed this morning, but want to do the MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN thing with MAC, so will not post it now.  I will wait and weigh again on Monday morning and post my weight with the Monday Group.  I like having that as a starting day!  All of my testing equipment got lost in the move so I wasn't able to start my glucose testing until before dinner last night.  My reading last night was good, and today's readings have been excellent.  I'm encouranged.

This morning I took Little Fluff on a short walk.  We were waiting for a delivery so I was afraid to go very far . . . but he sure enjoyed it.  We got a nice 30 minute walk in a couple of days ago.

I still have not unpacked all of the cartons with my bicycling gear in them.  The packers packed part of the stuff and I still need to uncover my bicycle helmet and shoes.  I absolutely refuse to ride without a helmet.  Soon - I hope very soon.

Monday I have medical checkups.  Outside of being heavier than last time I was there, I don't anticipate any other serious changes.  At least I can hope. 

It's good to see that so many WOW'S have posted.  CARLES, good to see your post.  I cannot add my picture until I'm using my own computer.  It's stored there - I'm still using Mother's computer and that dreadfully slow dial-up connection!  Next week we will have both computers on cable modem. 

Can't think of anything else right now.  I will need to bury my nose in THE BOOK and spent some quality time getting "things" back in order.

Have a good evening now!

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 4:32 pm CDT

Saturday Evening

Good Evening Girls!

I have noticed that the messages written in bold type are easier to read, even in the smaller print.  We have had a fairly cool day here with strong winds and heavy rain off and on.  Half of the population of this town is without electricity right now - thankfully, it is not our half.  :-)

I emptied a couple more boxes today.  JOAN, like you, I'm finding the things I really need and am backing off a little.  I need to purchase book shelves before I can unpack my library, but most of the other things are now available.  The kitchen and gues room will be some of the last boxes I do.

I weighed this morning, but want to do the MONDAY MORNING WEIGH-IN thing with MAC, so will not post it now.  I will wait and weigh again on Monday morning and post my weight with the Monday Group.  I like having that as a starting day!  All of my testing equipment got lost in the move so I wasn't able to start my glucose testing until before dinner last night.  My reading last night was good, and today's readings have been excellent.  I'm encouranged.

This morning I took Little Fluff on a short walk.  We were waiting for a delivery so I was afraid to go very far . . . but he sure enjoyed it.  We got a nice 30 minute walk in a couple of days ago.

I still have not unpacked all of the cartons with my bicycling gear in them.  The packers packed part of the stuff and I still need to uncover my bicycle helmet and shoes.  I absolutely refuse to ride without a helmet.  Soon - I hope very soon.

Monday I have medical checkups.  Outside of being heavier than last time I was there, I don't anticipate any other serious changes.  At least I can hope. 

It's good to see that so many WOW'S have posted.  CARLES, good to see your post.  I cannot add my picture until I'm using my own computer.  It's stored there - I'm still using Mother's computer and that dreadfully slow dial-up connection!  Next week we will have both computers on cable modem. 

Can't think of anything else right now.  I will need to bury my nose in THE BOOK and spent some quality time getting "things" back in order.

Have a good evening now!

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
naughty
July 23, 2005, 4:43 pm CDT

You KNow . . .

WOW's, it looks as if we can't respond to messages without quoting part of the message.  That may be a very good thing . . . but I will miss having comments right under the posted message.  This will take our little OLD BRAINS a day or two to figure out, but we will do it!  Thank goodness we are all back together.

Where's PEG?

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 7:58 am CDT

Late Sunday Morning

Good Morning WOW's!

We are off to the beginning of a sultry day here.  Will be in the middle 90's with very high humidity.  We will be kind to our bodies today.

MAC - let us know where we are in THE BOOK.  I have mine unpacked and I'm ready to read along, discuss, and be accountable.  I have no reason to look forward to tomorrow morning and weighing-in, but I am.  I had planned on doing that last Monday morning but was unable to do so.  I'm really ready this week.

As you all know, I am still unpacking but will take a good share of today off.  We will tidy the "guest bedroom" and leave most everything else until next week. 

There is very little other news.  I will wait to hear exactly where we are in our study.  I hope everybody will have a great day!

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
July 25, 2005, 6:18 am CDT

Monday Morning Weigh-in

Friends,

I leave for the clinic in a few minutes.  I will be gone all day, so this will be short and to the point.  I weighed this morning as I promised myself I would.  The results are below.  I am considering this a "New Beginning" in a new time and place.  I will need your help, support, and encouragement.  I hope to provide all of those to you too!

FLUFFY - 221/221/150

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
July 27, 2005, 4:50 pm CDT

Wednesday Evening

Good Evening all you Wonderful WOW's!

I can't believe it is Wednesday already.  Things here have been busy.  I am pretty much moving all day long and I'm tired.  Little Fluff and I have been walking at 7 in the morning and he looks forward to it as much as I do.  Granted, we are not walking very far yet, but we are walking!  I have a bicycle outing tomorrow afternoon with the neighbor.  I hope we don't go too far or too fast!

My food choices this week have been very good.  In addition, my portion control has been good as well.  My glucose readings, except for early morning, are excellent.  I will have questions for my diabetes Doc when I see her in December. 

I swear these stairs are going to either kill me or get me in shape quickly!  On Monday, when I saw my endocrinologist, he commented on the fact that I had gained weight during the past 6 months.  He's a skinny snot and has disdainful feelings about "well-padded" patients. PTHHHHHHHHHH

To date, I have not been able to find THE BOOK.  I know I did not pack it, and I know I left it out where I could get my hands on it . . . problem is . . . I can't get my hands on it so I've not read anything from this week's assignment.  Sorry! 

CONNIE, was it you who posted about planning?  I've planned meals for years - like to plan a week at a time and then only shop once a week.  You daughter is right, you should PLAN!

PEGS88, good to see your post!

You girls all have a good evening now.

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 30, 2005, 8:42 am CDT

Cheating - Gin & Laineybea

Good Morning Girls!

Mother went down to have her hair done so I have a few minutes alone this morning and decided to read a little of the board.  The first two messages that appeared before me today were GIN and LAINEYBEA's posts about cheating.  I be totally honest, I agree with those 2 posts.  I think, at our ages, we should be beyond the idea of cheating.  Everything we do, we do as a choice.  If we choose to eat foods that are inconsistent with our goals, we have chosen to do so.  Unless we are sleepwalking and have no control over what we are eating, we make choices.  We make thousands of them each and every day.  The type and amount of food are only some of those choices, whether or not we bet any IE is another choice.  I'm not suggesting that there are NOT factors that can make all of these choices more difficult, depression for one, but for the most part they are choices.  I have tried to maintain that attitude and, Gin, I have yo-yo'd for years and years and years for the exact same reasons you mentioned.  As soon as I got to my goal weight I thought I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted it, and as much as I wanted.  As a result, people who knew me, saw me through "thick and thin," and "thick and thin," and "thick and thin."  You get the idea.

Now, moving on.  PEGS88, I'm doing well.  I am spending more and more time doing the smaller things now.  I find that I have the time now to think about exactly where I want something and am taking the time to make "things" look nice now - instead of just getting it all into a room somewhere.  It's been two weeks since I got here.  I feel another week will have everything just about completely under control.  The biggest problem we have is 2 complete kitchens!  Unfortunately, we only have 1 kitchen - but pots, pans, and dishes for 2.  That will be the most difficult. 

Little Fluff has made sure I've gotten my morning walks in this week.  We overslept yesterday morning and I was going to do something else, but he wouldn't let me.  As soon as I get dressed in the morning, we go for a walk and he knows that now.  We are not walking great distances, but we are walking.  I'm following a beginning walking program I found at the Walking website.  It is a 12 week program and will be perfect for us.  I don't know if LF will be able to go on the walks of 45 minutes to an hour.  We will have to wait and see.

Mother left me a list of "Honey Do's" when she left, so I better get busy.  I hope each of you will have a great day today.  This will be our last cooler day for a week.  We will be close to 90 all of next week . . . that's more than a might bit uncomfortable down here!

Until Later,

FLUFFY

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
giddy
August 1, 2005, 8:10 am CDT

Monday Morning - Weigh Day

This morning is a morning of PURE JOY!  I am SO HAPPY to report a 2 POUND LOSS!!!!!  I was so pleased when I got on the scale this morning!  I had intended to report the number of minutes of IE I got this past week, but we have been so busy this morning that I haven't had time to add it up.  I walked or biked (or both) 6 days last week.  I took Sunday off.

I hope everybody else has had as good a week as I did.  I look forward to reading posts later this afternoon.  Mother and I leave for the Clinic in a few minutes so I have no time this morning.

Have a great day!

FLUFFY -  221/119/150T

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
August 4, 2005, 10:15 am CDT

Thursday Noon

Hi all you terrific little WOW's,

First off, I want to thank our Canadian neighbors for this lovely cool front they have sent our way.  We have this great breeze from the north that is cool and blissful!  Our temperatures will reach about 81 today, some 18 degrees cooler than the past five days.  I thought to heaven I would just croak if this heat didn't dissipate soon!  SO, many thanks for the cooler weather.

LITTLE FLUFF and I took our walk this morning.  We have walked every morning except Sunday and it is getting easier and easier for me.  He is so excited every morning that he runs in circles all the way through the house and out the door.

LAINEYBEA - BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY.  Sorry I missed it . . . it was too hot to do anything but complain!

DEN MOM~~Good to see you posting regularly again.  Love those reports of places you take Dr. Phil.  If only Robin knew . . . tee hee.  Now, as soon as I have the Internet running to my computer I will add my little lamb.  I'm still working on Mom's computer and her dial-up connection.  I keep planning to call for new Internet service, but there are so many other things that need attention right now!  Soon.

PEGS88~~Good to see you posting again too.  and VICKI, you too!

Time for lunch now.  Until later,

FLUFFY

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board