Message Boards

Messages By: faith__

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
happy
July 22, 2005, 7:04 pm CDT

Storm!!!!!!!!

I came back to say hello!  I hope things are going well with you. 

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
anxious
July 23, 2005, 3:39 am CDT

rhammett

Wow you have been through quite an ordeal.  Have you e-mailed a copy of your letter to Dr. Phil?  I see one of the upcoming show topics is dealing with a mental illness.  This board is a support board where we all support each other.  Welcome to the board.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
anxious
July 23, 2005, 3:42 am CDT

LOL

My writing style has changed.  Now I type these messages like short IM's.  Maybe this board will grow on me but at the moment it's bugging me again.  I'm out of here.  Everyone have a super day. 

Oh...my bio:  I struggle with bipolar2 and it sucks.  LOL

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 7:53 am CDT

Welcome!!

Hi to all!

New to messaage boards, be patient Please...

What I have read thus far, I imagine you all make a new quotable saying constantly!!!

It may take awhile but it's great when you hear it back.

Be Proud of being different.

ToodlePip

k_hadijah

Welcome to the new board.  As you probably have read we are struggling with this new format.  We usually aren't so crabby.  lol

I like your statement "Be proud of being different."  I'm just getting to the acceptance part of the disorder...it's not a "disorder"..it's just me.  My new word:  "Exuberant"...  effusive in feeling or expression; lavish; overflowing.....    I'm not manic...I live life with great exuberance!!!

Peace on your day!

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 6:41 am CDT

Kathy.....I'll fix it for you......

This is Kathy's post:

My husband has moved back home & we’re trying to work on things as best as 2 married bps can. My problems seem so silly in the scheme of things when you consider what some of our fellow posters are going through.

I’m just so frustrated that I don’t feel better than I do @ 49 since I take a pile of meds & numerous vitamins each day. Very frustrating & the physical pain never goes away.

I’m being treated by 4 different doctors & a therapist.

Pdoc (Lithium & Gabitril for b/p)    Primary doc (meds for hyperthyroidism & high cholesterol)

Neurologist (Lortab, Soma, & Lamictal prescribed for fibromyaligia, lumbar disc disease & alternating pain in my left calf & lower back.

Ob/Gyn (Incontinence problem) Due to my morbid obesity she has referred me to another doc appox 1½ hrs away.        Blood work shows normal hormone levels for post menopause.      I’ve had additional blood work by the others but haven’t heard anything from them.

Losing weight seems to be THE answer suggested by each & every one of them. My husband is behind me 100% & we’ve bought a stationary bike but it hasn’t arrived yet. Since the first of the year I’ve been working on the other steps in Dr Phil’s book & now I’m ready for intentional exercise. I’ve been fooling myself that I’m afraid to exercise b/c I fear it will kill me but I can no longer take the quality of my daily life.

I feel more comfortable on this board talking with other bp.

God bless you all,

Kathy

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 3:00 pm CDT

Upcoming show...............

Hey..did everyone see that Dr. Phil is doing a show on mental illness?  Everyone should submit that they would go on the show. 

I still think there should be a weight loss/mental illness show.  To help us all feel better about our total selves.  If you agree, send in your thoughts and story.  :o)

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
sad
July 24, 2005, 5:56 pm CDT

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm struggling a little tonight....my mood is starting to spiral down and the sad thing is that I don't even care.  I'm tired of fighting my own emotional turmoil.  Maybe it's o.k. to be sad and lonely? 

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 8:44 pm CDT

Thanks Tammy!!

I am so sorry your rollercoaster is dipping again.

I do not have any advise other than take care of yourself and you have my email me if you need me.

Love and hugs Tammy

Even the rollercoaster image helps....I'll soon be heading up hill again.  I just need to learn to lift my arms up and enjoy the ride.  I still tend to grip on with all my might thinking I'm going to crash.  I keep forgetting that God is indeed in control of the ride.  :o)

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 9:23 pm CDT

I think Tammy e-mail's her. :o)

Has anyone seen EM yet on the boards?cathy

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
August 4, 2005, 5:08 pm CDT

Resources

Quote From: singer45

I'm going to try this again.   This message is to help people who are BiPolar, as am I.    I was shocked to find that this topic had no messages on it from people who have the illness or their

family members.   Is this a usual thing for the message board.   I went through two pages and stopped.

My own helps are:

-Take medicine as directed

-Get blood levels four times a year.

-See doctor four times a year close to the level tests.

-Do what doctor tells me to do.

I pray Dr. Phil is monitoring this message board since I think mine is one of the few actual messages about the illness.     God bless everyone with this illness.    Dr. Phil, see what you can do about

monitoring this topic better.

Sincerely,

Singer45

Here are a few resources that may be helpful.

www.bipolar.com

www.dbsalliance.org

www.nami.org

www.psycheducation.org

www.nimh.nih.gov

Burns, D.D. (1980) Feeling Good (ISBN 0-380-73176-2)

Fawcet, J., Golden, B. & Rosenfeld, N. (2000) New Hope for People With Bipolar Disorder. (ISBN 0-7615-3008-8)

Jamison, K., (1995). An Unquiet Mind. (ISBN 0-679-76330-9)

Mcquaid, J.R. & Carmona, P.E. (2004). Peaceful Mind. (ISBN 1-57224-366-X)

Miklowitz, D.J. (2002). The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide. (ISBN 1-57230-525-8)

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board