Message Boards

Messages By: gr8fulmom2

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
July 22, 2005, 8:21 pm CDT

It's me Wendy

This is wild.  We finally got a computer that is worth a hoot and I couldn't get on here, then when I get on, it won't take my username or password, I had to re-register and everything.  What a mess, but hey, I'm here now and oh how I've missed you all. 

I hope everyone is doing good.  Please fill me in, I can't wait to hear from you all.  I'm always pretty worn out at night, but I know that I need the support of this site so much.  I miss you all! 

I better get for now, we're going to be out of town for the weekend, but I'll be back on Monday hoping to hear how wonderful you are all doing.

Many hugs,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
July 22, 2005, 8:37 pm CDT

I'm a little confused

This may take awhile to figure out!  I guess we only have 2 colors we can use now huh? And we can't make the letters super huge anymore huh? 

Does it post every new message at the top of the page now?  Oh, heavens, I'm going to need some serious help on this one.  Niki, did you find out if we can use the cool smilies?

Hugs,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 8:58 pm CDT

Thanks.  I sure hope you have a lot of patience with us.  I always appreciate your help.

Have a good weekend,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 5:52 pm CDT

Hi everyone.

Christie!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CHHHHRRRIIISSSSTTIIIEEEEEEEE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!  Look what we have in common..Although, I would like to be 30 again too, I'll be 34 on Monday.  YUCK!!!!!

Karen - Hey friend, how are you?  How are the boys?  How's the house coming?

Nikki - So glad to see you got moved into the new place.  Congratulations friend.  How is Matthew?  Does he like his daycare?  Is your daughter adjusting OK?

Not much going on with me.  I'm not really happy with the job anymore.  I guess the new has worn off and the food settled in.  A doctors office is the most unhealthy place to eat.  We have so much food brought in, it's ridiculous.  HMMMMMMMMMM, must be job security for the doctors huh?  LOL.  I need to do some re-re-re-reading and get back on track.  The terrible heat is suppose to break this evening, so I really want to get back to my walking.  I did so well before and miss it so much.  I can't walk at lunch anymore and that has hurt me a lot.  I lost my vigor, but want nothing more than to get back into the life I know I deserve.  Knowing the puter is fixed and I can come to you all everyday will help me.

I hope everyone is doing great.  I miss you all so much. 

Hugs,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
July 26, 2005, 5:43 pm CDT

Happy Tuesday

Well, this was one of those days that I wish could have been better.  A 1 year old pt. of ours was diagnosed today with a brain tumor.  My heart just aches for the parents.  I was in the area when the dr. told the mother and I heard her sort of scream cry, it was horrible and just couldn't control my emotions.  I just wanted to come home and hug my kids forever.  It's so sad.  Thanks for letting me have a place to talk about this, rather than eat it out of my system.

On a more positive note, I got my lazy self up and walked this morning.  The dog was so excited.  He was tired afterwards, because I had to hurry him a little, but I figure since he's a 32 lb. pug and I'm a well, lets just say big girl, we both needed the exercise.  LOL!  My oldest says she's going to get up and go with me at 6:30 tomorrow morning.  I encourage her too, but something tells me that with 3 weeks until school starts, she's going to take advantage of all the days of sleeping in that she can.  :)

Karen, that is so great about your house.  Thanksgiving isn't really that far away and how great it will be to have it in your new house. 

Niki, I'm sorry you had a rough day leaving Mathew at daycare.  It is hard to do.  I use to cry leaving my girls with my mom, it's just the leaving them I think.  I knew they would be fine (and spoiled rotten when I got home).  It's so great that he likes it though. 

Teresa, I hope your mom is doing better since she is home.  My thoughts are with you.

Well, I need to go do some laundry.  YIPPEE, if you could see my expression, you would see how very excited I am about that.  BLUCK!!!!!

Have a great Wednesday all!

Hugs,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 7:52 pm CDT

Val

Quote From: valhatt2

I rec'd a call from my doc last night and went into see him today.  The results from my cat scan were there, and I must admit I'm not surprised.  They believe (85%) that the cancer is back.  It is in the same area but not the same place,but there is also some kind of nodes in my lungs.  This will mean that I will need surgery once again and more than likely another regiment of Chemo.  I am not at all happy but I am dealing with it.  Just keep me in your prayers because I don't know if this time I have the strength that it's going to take.  I'm sure that I'll be ok but I need the strength of family and friends right now to carry on.  I will know by Friday what course of action will be taken so I'll let you all know sometime this weekend what will have to be .  Thanks for letting me sound off I am so glad that we're all friends and we can share our downs as well as our ups.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.  Doctors can do wonderful things now.  Lean on us dear friend, we're always with you. 

Hugs,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 5:12 pm CDT

Barbara

Quote From: brcscc

Hi everyone, I finally found this board.  This new format is very confusing and since returning from my vacation my time has been limited so haven't figured it out yet.

Maybe this weekend I'll get it.

Valhatt, prayers and thoughts are with you dear.  Keep your mind positive and know that so many new things have been developed with chemo treatments. 

To everyone else, know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.  I sure missed all my pals.

ttfn Love Barbara

Hi friend!  Good to see you!  I've missed this page so much!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 5:16 pm CDT

The weekend is almost here!

YIPPEE!!!!!  I will be so glad.  I have to work for 2 hours on Saturday, but it's OK, I get off 2 hours early tomorrow and am going to get a pedicure.  I'm very excited about that.  I've never had one, so I hope it's as great as I hear.

We're having company for the weekend so I prob. won't be on here, but I thought I would wish everyone a super weekend filled with much relaxation and good choices.  I didn't walk this morning, bad Wendy, but I was up until midnight last night putting some finishing touches on my living room, tonight it's the bathrooms and bedrooms.  Yippee!!!  Do you hear the excitement again in my typing???  No,....hmmmmm, I can't imagine why.  LOL!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Love and hugs,

Wendy

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 7:28 pm CDT

Great news

Quote From: valhatt2

Just got home from the Cancer clinic.  I can barely contain my excitement.  I don't have to go through an operation but the Chemo is still on.  It will be like the last time 6 treatments over a period of time.  It will not be as rigorous becasue they advised me that my hair may thin but not fall out.  Ask me how releived I am that there is no operation? Happy I tell ya happy.  I will probably have some sickness, be tired but the most severe thing may be the nausea.  I can handle that.  I can keep on working as long as when I get over tired I am to go home, regardless if the boss likes it or not.  I don't think I'm going to have a problem there, he has had Chrone's disease for years so he is sympathetic when it comes to illnesses.  Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts, it surely helped.  I can't thank any of you enough.

I'm so happy there is no surgery.  You are a stong woman.  We'll continue the prayers and remember when you're getting your treatments that we're all there with you in spirit cheering you on.

Re:nausea and tired, isn't there something they can give you to help with that, to a degree anyway.  I can't remember the name of it, but I remember seeing the commercial.  Maybe watching a lot of TV does pay off sometimes huh?  LOL!!

Hugs to you friend. 

Wendy

P.S.  The manicure and pedicure were awesome!  Wish I could afford it everyweek.  The kids were upset I didn't take them with me, but I sure enjoyed being pampered.  wink-wink!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
hopeful
July 29, 2005, 7:38 pm CDT

We're here for you

Quote From: lisa_n_

HI everyone, well today is just not my day. I am getting angry and upset and emotional.

First, since this board was shut down, I started going to a different site, healthyweightforum, anyway, a person posted a question today about how much fat you should be eating. Lots of people jumped in and said no more than 30 % fat, and no more than 10% saturated fat.  I answered that I try to stay within 20-30% fat, and no more than 10% fat, but I try to stay within the lower range. Anyway, this guy jumps in and says everyone is eating too much fat and you should only be eating 10% fat. I replied back because I don't know how someone can only eat 10% fat and still eat enough calories, if you are only eating 10% fat, you must be hardly eating because I track everything on fitday.com and I eat no more than 1500 calories a day, and my fat intake is usually around 25%, so  I don't know how he is coming up with 10% fat, which is not healthy. He replied back quite nasty to me saying if you eat fish or chicken and lots of fruits and veggies and oatmeal, you won't be eating more than 10% fat, well I eat that way most of the time ,with some fat free dairy and low fat carbs, and it is no way 10% fat. Anyway, he's just got me really upset, telling me I'm wrong, and everything. How can people be so rude to others they don't even know??

And to top all that off, I had to go look for a pair of shorts tonight, oh my, what fun, NOT!!  I really had it with clothes shopping, it is too depressing, nothing fits, they never have anything in my size, my fat is always hanging out, those mirrors in the dressing rooms are brutal!! I always look so washed out and pale, and the mirrors are so up close, you see all the fat and dimples in your body, I was so disgusted with myself. I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it, but I have gained 60 pounds in 6 years, and I am totally disgusted with myself. It really hit me tonight, it was the first time in a long time I looked at myself in a mirror with just my undergarments on. I looked so disgusting! I know alot of the weight gain was due to medication and other health issues not known yet, but part of it is my own fault. I want this weight off so bad, and I have so much to lose, I don't want to wait forever til it's gone, but I know it will take at least a year. I'm just so upset and emotional right now, I really want to get that ice cream from the freezer, but I am not going to, I don't want to disappoint myself or you guys.

Thanks for listening to me rave.

I'm sorry that person was such a jerk to you.  That just shows his little mind can't fathom being civil to people who know what they are talking about.  Don't worry about him.  He's not worth the time.  :)

About the clothes, I'm in the same boat with you.  I won't go clothes shopping because of the fear I have, but remember we're working on this new lifestyle to be healthy and it may take awhile for us to get there, but together we're all going to do it!!! 

You rave whenever you need to.

I hope your Saturday is better!

Big hugs,

Wendy

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board