Message Boards

Messages By: toaobb12

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
worried
July 22, 2005, 8:37 pm CDT

This is too weird

Mabye, its just because my brain has been working overtime it seems. For school, that is. I've been okay with the Bipolar but my blood pressure has been monitored for a month and today, my doc put me on a high blood pressure pill. Great....just what I need .....another pill. That's gonna make me pee more. Thank goodness, my classes are at night.

I can't do my bio tonight......i've got to go relax. I have been going going going, every day.

Jen

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
naughty
July 24, 2005, 6:44 am CDT

Good Morning

Hi, everyone new and old. I see that some people's  panties are still in a wad. (just kidding) I have read all of the posts and can feel the frustration oozing out of some. Me, I am going to sit back and see what happens when the kinks are ironed out. I KNOW change is good. I myself love to rearrange furniture ALL of the time.......then there are some things better left unchanged....like Beka said "if it ain't broke....don't fix it". So I will see where this goes....most of us all IM or email each other anyway. We can always open our own chat on yahoo groups. I liked our family feeling on the previous board too.

Anyway, Tammy...what are you talkin about with your llama????

I have tons to do before class tomorrow night, and we are going to Thoms dads 60th surprise birthday party today.

Lately, my best times have been 1st thing in the am and in the evenings. I had to start taking my evening dose of Trileptal an hour earlier because it was taking me too long to wind down before bed.

So, I'll check back later...Everyone have a good day (or try to).

Jen

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
quiet
July 28, 2005, 11:37 am CDT

LYNDAYLE AND ALL

Quote From: lyndalye

You made me laugh on my birthday.  Thank you muchly. 

My garden tends to be a little over fertilized and things are a little thick in there.

Pancake syrup sounds like a good idea for today.  Maple for Maine.  But I'm still rolling tamallies for supper.

I hope everything on this board gets back to a more settled local.  I have been checking in... but the atmosphere's been a little hypersensitive of late.  That with the whole weird green ghoulie boxes makes this place difficult to be open.  And being zipped up is what I'm trying to avoid when I come to places like this.  Its the last resort before I throw my hands up and lock all the doors. 

Oh, and by the way, sometimes the grass looks greener because your neighbors like to use fake grass. 

Hello.........and I hope you have a Happy Birthday today.

I have been pretty quiet here lately........most of the people that are no longer here have reason. They don't like the new format of this message board...didn't really have to do with a specific person. That was just something that happened.

We really are/were a loving family and support anyone who needs it. We vent here, laugh, cry.....we go through MANY emotions in ONE day.

Either way, we are all supporting each other still.....just a different revenue.

Jen

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 29, 2005, 6:34 pm CDT

DTXEARTHM

Quote From: dtxearthm

i ways given the name manic deprsive in the 80s i ways 6yrs old. thin given drugs to make me act right.as time went on thay called it bipoler disorder. what i want to knowe is how maney ppl get this  and have thragik childhouds and take the meds and grow up num to the world. thin wake up one day to trysumthing new. iv gone a year naw with out any meds and my thropist sad i must have been miss dignosted. so what do i do naw? my houl life has been bilt on a lie. has any one els been thro this???????????????

Hello. I'm so glad you stopped by....I am a fellow Texan Or at least I was until 2 years ago.

There is something that  compelled me to respond to your post..............

Looking at your info, we seem to be around the same age too. Anyways, .....what I wanted to say was that my dad was diagnosed "manic depressive" (bipolar) many years ago...back in the day of ECT treatments galore. He is still not the same from them. He took every med out there at one time or another........then he can go for times without any meds..........

Bipolar is not simple.....we can be fine without meds for a week, a year, and then WHAM!!...out of the blue you are manic one day...or very suicidal.

It is a chemical imbalance...everyone is unique with their symptoms, etc........what works for one, won't work for another. You probably already know this.........

What I would try to do is just think about what YOU want to do...and then go for it.....try not to have a pity party for yourself over the "what if's"............you can't go back. Things are not as hopeless as they seem sometimes.

If you ever need some help, you can email me.

Jen

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
July 31, 2005, 9:34 am CDT

Anyone-Everyone

I'm still around. Just not saying much. I don't care for the environment , but for support, I am here for anyone who needs it.

I'm right here behind you

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
July 31, 2005, 10:06 am CDT

Quote From: 101160

I DON'T KNOW IF I TOLD YOU OR NOT BUT I DON'T DO E-MAILS FROM THESE BOARDS.THANKS FOR THE OFFER .CATHY

IT WASN'T REALLY AN OFFER.........

AS LONG AS EVERYONE IS CLEAR ABOUT THINGS

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
July 31, 2005, 11:11 am CDT

NO problem

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
naughty
August 11, 2005, 11:01 am CDT

Hello Ted

Yes, I started out for the 1st 12 years being diagnosed as depression. I never knew that all of the weird things i would do from time to time was really mania. 

Makes me a fun person to play with. I don't take any crud from peps anymore, for any reason. 

Thought I would add my input..... 

ByeBye 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
naughty
August 11, 2005, 11:15 am CDT

Faith

Quote From: faith__

Hypomanic is who I am.  Maybe that's why the acceptance of medication is so difficult. 

I'm with ya on that one honey!!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
naughty
August 11, 2005, 11:18 am CDT

LLAMA LADY

Quote From: tammyo1973

I only get beat up when my daughter is suffering. 

I only have to calm her when she sees or hears things. 

I only have to sit in the ER waiting for her to be admitted to a psych ward. I may not have bipolar but I go through the emotions of bipolar on a daily basis. 

I totally understand. 

The things my family has had to go through and put up with. It sure is hard to go back and try to undo damage when people won't take the time to even TRY to understand what bipolar REALLY is. 

Hang in there......... 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board