Message Boards

Messages By: sunshine

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 9:56 pm CDT

I've missed this board!!!!

Hi everyone,

We are finally back, I cannot believe how much I relied on this board.  My log-on name is new so nobody is going to know who I am.  Sorry about that, but my old one made it easy to identify me and that's what happened unfortunately.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what is happening with everyone and I hope everyone is doing well. 

Love Sunshine xxx

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 2:31 pm CDT

Hi LS

So nice to be back! I was gone for a short time & all of a sudden I COULDN'T post any longer for a while!

Hey Sunshine! I bet I know who you are!! I assume we will all have to sign up again. I have chosen a new name so close to my old user name that I'm sure everyone will know who I am.

I'm doing wonderful! Hope you are too! I've been thinking a lot about you & everyone else here! Hope we can find Q again!!! She is the official abuse board angel!!! I think everyone would agree with me on that one!!!

I have a job at the Hair Cuttery nearby & I'm doing hair in my new, just finished mini-salon too!!! It feels SO good to have money coming in once again & not feel like I'm drowning financially! Waiting to take my last State Board Test on August 9 & then all the plans I laid out for myself last year will be completed!!!

Hard to believe that my life has changed so much since that day I declared myself a survivorof abuse! I think I knew it all alongbut was in denial. I didn't want to admit it - didn't want to bring it out in the open - because I knew what I would have to do if I did!!! Now I'm glad I decided to go through with everything - have a much more peaceful& free life now! It took a year & a half of having my life upside down to finally be where I am! It wasn't easy but it was worth it! We only live once!!! God Bless - LS >.

Message Emote
upset
July 23, 2005, 2:40 pm CDT

Hi LS

So nice to be back! I was gone for a short time & all of a sudden I COULDN'T post any longer for a while!

Hey Sunshine! I bet I know who you are!! I assume we will all have to sign up again. I have chosen a new name so close to my old user name that I'm sure everyone will know who I am.

I'm doing wonderful! Hope you are too! I've been thinking a lot about you & everyone else here! Hope we can find Q again!!! She is the official abuse board angel!!! I think everyone would agree with me on that one!!!

I have a job at the Hair Cuttery nearby & I'm doing hair in my new, just finished mini-salon too!!! It feels SO good to have money coming in once again & not feel like I'm drowning financially! Waiting to take my last State Board Test on August 9 & then all the plans I laid out for myself last year will be completed!!!

Hard to believe that my life has changed so much since that day I declared myself a survivorof abuse! I think I knew it all alongbut was in denial. I didn't want to admit it - didn't want to bring it out in the open - because I knew what I would have to do if I did!!! Now I'm glad I decided to go through with everything - have a much more peaceful& free life now! It took a year & a half of having my life upside down to finally be where I am! It wasn't easy but it was worth it! We only live once!!! God Bless - LS >.

Message Emote
naughty
July 23, 2005, 3:15 pm CDT

Sorry for clogging the board

Hi there, I have been trying to reply with quote to LS but for some reason it is only leaving the quote and not my response.  Which is really frustrating cos I wrote about what is happening in my life and I really didn't want to have to post it all again.  But oh-well, these things happen.  Please let me know if anyone else has trouble with the reply with quote section.  I will let the moderator know also.

This time I am just posting a message and seeing if it works.  Thanks for your response LS, I will post again soon, once I figure out what I'm doing.  xxx  Sunshine

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 3:17 pm CDT

Just testing - last time - I promise

Hi there, I have been trying to reply with quote to LS but for some reason it is only leaving the quote and not my response. Which is really frustrating cos I wrote about what is happening in my life and I really didn't want to have to post it all again. But oh-well, these things happen. Please let me know if anyone else has trouble with the reply with quote section. I will let the moderator know also.

This time I am just posting a message and seeing if it works. Thanks for your response LS, I will post again soon, once I figure out what I'm doing. xxx Sunshine

Just seeing if it works this time, hope everyone is doing well.  xxx

Message Emote
confused
December 8, 2005, 11:48 am CST

Feeling really stupid

Hi everyone 

About 5 months ago I finally ended my marriage.  My husband moved out after 10 years of constant emotional abuse.  I used to log on as Mandi_33 and posted here over a year ago.  Well it was really hard at the start and I cried almost constantly even though I knew it was the best thing for myself and my children.  I took it day by day, sometimes hour by hour and although I felt lonely and scared of the unknown future a lot I really did begin to enjoy the peace. 

He started phoning me and dropping around .  Usually to abuse me a bit more!  Then he seemed to get depressed, he lost his job, had no money, nowhere to live and was talking of suicide.  That sucked me straight back in and I ended up letting him stay with me.   Even as I let this happen I knew it was a big mistake.  I can't believe I was so stupid, I really do know better than that but I can't even explain why I felt the need to help him.  He NEVER helped me and the kids when we needed it.    He would come over and threaten to kill me and then he would cry and apologise and I would feel sorry for HIM!! 

That started a couple of weeks ago and now he is back to the pig he always was.  This morning I told him I couldn't do this anymore and I wanted him to leave again.  He just nodded (he really doesn't care what I say to him).  He has gone away for the weekend and I have asked him to not return until monday when I am at work and to collect his things then and leave. 

I don't know what will happen when he returns.  I just feel so stupid now, I got through the heartache of ending my marriage and now i'm going to have to go through it all again.  What on earth made me be such a sucker??? 

Thanks for listening, I just needed to get this off my chest before I go to work. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board