Message Boards

Messages By: gdsampson

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 22, 2005, 10:56 pm CDT

So, I guess not many men on these forums

Hi,  my name is Greg.    New arrival to the Boards.    Looking for others with 200+ to lose.  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 12:50 pm CDT

Thank You for the warm Welcome

Hi everybody.  Thanks  for the warm welcome.

This Board is going to be important part of my weight loss journey. 

I've bought Dr. Phil's book and have read it.  It's amazing.   So, this is what I'm doing.   I've starting documentating my weight loss journey using the seven keys.   I'm going to document/film EVERYTHING.  The whole journey....     I'm going to end up posting up the video clips on a website.  

I hope that in helping myself, I will also be able to inspire and motivate others.

I'm 30 years old, and weight 420+ pounds.  My goal weight is 220 pounds.   Also,  I want to take charge of my life to once and for all pursue my dream career of serving in the Army.  My wife is in the Army, and she challenged me to do what I have to do to join also so we can serve the nation together. 

At the end of the filming/documentary,  I plan on presenting it to Dr. Phil's show producers. 

If you want to be a part of this,  and if you have a video/digital camcorder,  then we can do this as a team.   I'm game....    

Let's put somethign together that any show producer will drool over....

Best!

Greg

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 23, 2005, 4:36 pm CDT

Anyone want to Join in on this/?

Greg, I think your goals are inspired. You are going to do something great, not only for yourself and your wife, but for the country! I'm excited about what you are doing and looking forward to hearing (and seeing) your progress. Glad you're here!

Love, Millie

Thanks Millie.   I appreciate the support.

I hope others in this specific board would like to join me on this little adventure.   I just think it would be re-inforcing and supportive to our goals.     Granted, it's not as easy as it sounds.... to take the time to make video clips itself and to top it off by posting it on the web for all to see...

But I don't think this has been done before in this context....   I just think it would be cool to document the whole thing with film.

I hope there are others on this forum who will contact me via email who are interested on doing this with me.   All they need is their own camcorder (digital) and some time to invest in recording their weight loss journey.

It will take me a while to put the site up through a few friends.  I will, however, keep this board updated on what I'm doing and where I'm at.

Thanks.

Greg

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 1:53 pm CDT

Zero-Day

Filming has started for Zero-Day...  It's tough.

Tommorow it's off to the US Army Recruiting station to meet with the Recruiter to do a body-fat % test,  on camera, to let me know where I'm at and where I have to be before I can sign the dotted line and join my wife.  My wife will be transferred to Europe in May 2006, so we will see how much can be done by then.

On another note,  I really suggest everyone here go to this website:   www.thefatmanwalking.com   This guy has decided to drop everythign and walk across America to lose his weight and reclaim his life.  It's quite inspirational.  I would like to ask the discussion board members to visit the site and drop Steve (the walker) a note of support for what he's doing. 

Best,

Greg

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 5:08 am CDT

Irettakat, glmark

Jan, I thought this was so good and was afraid someone would miss it that I moved it over. Hope you don't mind!

THE DAILY MOTIVATOR

Get started
+++++++++++++++++++

If you've fallen a little behind schedule, that's no reason
to get discouraged. On the contrary, it's a reason to get
going.

The sooner you get started, the more you'll get done. The
sooner you get to work, the more value you'll create with
your efforts.

Do you want your work to bring maximum results? Then get
moving on it right away.

It may sometimes seem that the easiest choice is to slack
off and delay your efforts until later. Yet by doing that,
you're actually making things more difficult for yourself.

To get the most done with the least amount of effort, get
started on it as soon as possible. That way, instead of
making time your enemy, you'll have time working on your
side.

This is your opportunity to fill your life with richness and
your world with value. Get up, get going, and get it done.

Ralph Marston

Irettakat,

Hi.  If you don't have a camcorder,  so be it.  Use anything you have.  Do your best to keep a record of your own personal journey.  When the site is ready (and it will be a while) I will, if you want, plug you into the site with your own personal section and I hope others will join.  Take pictures...including "action" pictures of you doing thins (like being on a treadmill if that is something you do).  The more the better.     Now, as to whether Dr. Phil will ever use this or not doesn't really matter in the end.  Sure, it would be cool if it happened.  But I got me some bigger pies to bake.   I want to write a book....something....anything...   I got to get this out of my system.  It's like a lightbulb went off and I have so much energy I have no idea where to put it.   I think I'm going to target a specific audience:   adolescent obesity.   Well, I'm the poster "child" of what happens when one is obese during adolesence.  That's where we need to focus on...  we have to get these kids to change and get the parents to take some responsibility too!   If I internalized the right lifestyle...early...I know I would not have put myself through this hell.    I have to help these kids avoid the pain and suffering I myself have endured.   I just have to....

glmark:

mark,  MAKE A DECISION.    Pull that book out again and start from the beginning.   I'm here man.  With ya all the way.  I fell your pain and desperation.    Got a camcorder?  Want to do a cool project with me?  Let's document your revival and reclaiming of your life.   We've all had ups and down.  Are you ready?  Let's rock and roll!!!!!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board