Message Boards

Messages By: arbeeteez

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
August 11, 2005, 5:32 pm CDT

Co-Parenting

I am the mother of three children, 17,15 & 12. While the youngest lives with me, the older two live with thier father. he allows them to smoke pot in the house (whether he is home or not). I'm afraid my youngest will want to join them and thier friends. Calling child protective services seems to be my only option, but I'm not sure that will help our relationship. When I told my ex I planned on drug testing my youngest when she came home, he told her to drink lots of water to flush her system out. Any suggestions 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 20, 2005, 5:46 pm CDT

Co-Parenting

Quote From: poetmom

If there is a custody/visitation order in place which places the older two there and allows for the other one to spend time there, violating it could cause her serious legal problems--and could result in a total loss of custody and visitation, putting them into that environment fulltime, with her having  absolutely NO influence at all. I would call the authorities and report what I know, and let them handle it. Taking it into your own hands can only lead to problems. 

Teresa 

After contacting the child protection agency, they did inform me that is my job to protect my child, at all costs. I called them after my ex's house had been raided by the drug enforcement team in our area. My 12 yr. old also tested positive for THC. It is now my job to keep her clean, or they can blame me.  Beth

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board