Message Boards

Messages By: shelly2003

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
quiet
July 23, 2005, 4:17 pm CDT

Depends on the mood I am in

Sometimes I have a  bad self image and sometimes I have a good self image it depends on what type of day I had

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
worried
July 23, 2005, 4:20 pm CDT

I need to lose weight

Both my dad and grandpa died from Heart disease and Sugar Diabetes. I take after my dads side of the family and I need to lose about 30 pounds. I exercise and drink lots of water but it doesn't seem to help. What am I doing wrong?

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 10:26 am CDT

Debt

I can't stress enough--DO NOT GET INTO CREDIT CARD DEBT!!!! It happens so quickly and so easily and, before you know it, there is no way out. I was told that I could not pay mine off in my lifetime. I was also told that my debt is low compared to the national average. I have gotten myself in a terrible bind and THERE IS NO WAY OUT! I do not believe in filing bankruptcy (although many have told me that is what I chould do). So, is all I can say is--DON'T DO IT!!

God bless,

montana43

I am in  credit card debt too. I lost my job and I was using my credit cards to pay my bills. I have lawyers calling me saying if I don't pay my bill they will sue me. I just tell them you will not get anything because I have nothing no job no money.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
frustrated
July 25, 2005, 11:07 am CDT

This is my suggestion

Quote From: bonnielove

I was working at a rehab., center for women. For the first couple of months of my employment my supervisor was pleased w/my job preformance. In fact she gave me a very good evaluation. A few months later I started noticeing a change in her attitude towards me. On my second evaluation she marked me all "B"'s (Below Standards). She even wrote on my evaluation that if there was another complaint that she would request my termination. Shortly after that I had put my name in for a full time position, and she told me to come in for an interview. To my suprise, she asked for my resignation, my photo ID badge & my key to the building. I asked her why. She stated because I had missed some contraband on a client who had returned back from a pass, and a couple of days later other staff members had found it. The following day, I had found out from anoher co-employee that I was terminated because I had given heads up on a couple of ladies & their attitudes. That if they didn't change their attitudes that they could receive disciple from staff members or be asked to leave. I had written to the president, vice president, and human resorces. The following day I received a letter from the vice-president of the company that I had been terminated because of my job preformance. I had also found out that I was actually terminated because my supervisor wanted to re-hire an ex-employee. This ex-employee is approx 30 yrs younger than I am, plus of different race. I can't go to the Depart. of Labor to file a complaint of racial & age discrimantion because she covered her butt and said it was because of my "job preformance" Can anyone offer any help or suggestions here?

Desperate in IL

If you got your job back your boss will make your life a living hell and will try everything to get rid of you. I worked for this factory you have a probationary period that if you missed 3 days you will be fired. It also says in the handbook that if you are sick and have a doctor's excuse then you would not be fired well during my probationary period I got sick and also gave them a doctor's excuse they fired me anyway. I applied to unemployment and got it they disputed it and I won I could of gotten my job back but I knew that if I did they would make my life a living hell and would find another reason to fire me. I am sorry to hear about your situation but people play dirty. If I got you mad I am sorry I did not mean to do that.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
sad
July 25, 2005, 11:10 am CDT

It's the law

You should go to the labor board it is the law if you work overtime you are suppose to get paid overtime.   It's the law where I live.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
angry
September 16, 2005, 1:26 pm CDT

DUH!

I always knew that looks means everything. I am a twin and I was always the overweight twin and everybody would say that my twin was the prettier twin but they would pat me on my knee and say Awww but there is someone for everyone.  In High School I was a size 13/14 after high school  I went on a diet and lost alot of weight and was a size 5/6 yes people treated me better but I still felt like the fat girl in high school and I ended up gaining weight now I am a size 12.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
embarrassed
September 30, 2005, 1:37 pm CDT

Get A Backbone

I use to let people walk all over me. I had one co-worker who use to always touch me and I let her do it and I can never forgive myself for letting this person do that to me.   She would rub me and then spread lies about me because she was jealous of me because the boss showed me attention . SHe used to always come in the club everytime I worked and watched my every move One time my boss came up to me and put his arm around me when she saw that she started touching me and then she would tell people to call me nicknames like Baby, Sweetie, Little One while everyone else was called by their proper names. If I ever see that woman again and she tries to touch me she will see backbone because I will not take it. Then I worked at this hotel. I was the night auditor the other night auditor started badmouthing me to the managers. If the other night auditor needed a day off to go to a party that her brother is having she was allowed to have the day off. I needed a day off because my dad was in the hospital the manager said I had to work anyways and that I can learn to make sacrifices. They did not even let me take time off after my dad died so I can grieve. My dad was buried on a Monday I had to go back to work On Wednesday. Never again will I let people take advantage of Me NEVER!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
worried
September 4, 2006, 8:49 am CDT

I am in debt

I am in debt and currently going through bankruptcy. Cannot answer my phone because I know it is a bill collector. I am unemployed. When I go on msn.com I read all these articles that chapter 7 bankruptcys have risen over 54% and there is a big boom in bankruptcys. There was one article on msn.com about how not to pay your bills. It just tells you that if you don't have the money to pay all your bills which bill to pay first.  I live in Ohio which is the #1 state for job loss. I just think we need a new president that will work to make the economy better.

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
frustrated
September 4, 2006, 11:48 am CDT

Graduated from College

I graduated from College with an associates degree in Legal Assisting and I cannot find a job everywhere I go people want someone with experience.Why didn't my school inform me that it would be hard to find a job as a Legal Assistant because I have no experience?

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
September 8, 2006, 10:40 am CDT

Debt

Quote From: KVL067

The very first thing to realize for yourself is this: it doesnt matter who is the president of this country. Blaming our president is a cop out- big time. Since your are going through bankruptcy and also unemployed, who is paying your legal fees, taxes and many of the other debts that cant be discharged through bankruptcy?

What is stopping you from finding work of any kind just have money coming in. My assessment has always been that many business owners (large and small) have a difficult time finding good, productive workers and people complain that they cant get a job. If I was to the point where I had to survive, pay my bills and keep a roof over my head, I would work three or four part-time jobs (of anykind) to keep an income flowing and also to keep my self respect up. I would also find a way to cater to the needs and expectations of any company willing to hire me, by displaying an attitude that Im the worker that they really need. Sitting around waiting for a perfect job, sometimes is waste of time, because it only does one thing to you and it kills your self esteem- everytime you get a NO or not even a response. I dont know what you do for living, but surely the skills you know and have developed can be implemented into many differents kinds of jobs out there. Its matter of your attitude and with the way your post reads it sounds like you need to change it and stop blaming your state, and the president and start with focusing on YOU to change your financial situation.

It is a sad reality about why these financial problems are happneing to millions of Americans, and I believe that we have set ourselves up for it, by making the same mistakes over and over again with our spending habits. Maybe its time we all learn something new which isnt really new- but its called SAVING money and learning some very basic spending priorities and budgeting skills. Anyone has the capability of doing this and completely changing their financial situation. I did it. Im still learning more about building a healthy financial future, along with my husband.

Karolina

I am making payments to my attorney . I am looking for work and I am also working part time jobs. Doing resets in stores and also doing demonstrations in stores and selling  stuff on ebay.   I also had tons of interviews. I'm not just sitting around not doing anything and it is impossible to save money when you have tons of bills to pay.   I DO NOT SIT AROUND LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT JOB!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board