Message Boards

Messages By: manomania

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
July 24, 2005, 5:14 pm CDT

found it

I wonder how many of you will find this board again? I also wonder how many of you have still quit smoking since we haven't been able to support each other. I know that since I havent' been able to check in I have not even thought about trying. Now that we are back in the game with the message boards, I know I will think about it again and give it another go with in the month. How is everyone? Please post if you are out thier!!!
 how are things on your side of the screen!?!
had my big 7M today!
keep your stick on the ice!
mario
ps dont know what to think of the new looks??!!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
confused
July 25, 2005, 9:25 am CDT

why the change?

looking around, i really don't like what i see. like it was said before. the boards got shut down with no notice! and unless you know where to look for, there is no way back!
i missed you guys alot but i don't think i'm going to post as often. thanks to the great people that shut us down.
mario 7M 1D 13h

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
angry
July 27, 2005, 9:18 am CDT

half way through first day

Quote From: mommacros

You know it is crazy....I am sitting here having a very big fight with myself....this little voice...and we all know which one... is saying to me....just go and buy some......quit when you start work again.....it will be easier then... I know logically that it won't be easier at anytime.....I just have to continue taking it one moment at a time.....but dang that nicodemon sure is strong...it almost feels stronger this time than it did the first time I quit....Is it possible for it to get stronger each time you try to quit?

I feel about ready to climb the walls. My teeth hurt, my skin hurts, my head hurts......perhaps if I stop wallowing in it and go do something it will get easier. I just don't want to leave the house because the temptation will be there to go buy some.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Shelly 12 hours, 22 minutes and 45 seconds. 10 cigarettes not smoked, saving $4.12. Life saved: 50 minutes.
IS THAT ALL?

are you going cold turkey! i know it ain't easy! but not too long ago you had it figured out! what is the prob. hubby giving you a hard time! I'm to the point know that i can sit in the car with a bunch of people smoking their brains out and it doesn't bug me too much! my addiction to food came under control after i made myself not to eat after 8 pm (TV time on the couch) it ain't easy! having somebody sitting next to you chewing on fresh popped popcorn. you have to reprogram your brain. (that goes for everybody out there !

IT IS DOABLE! BUT IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENT!

the new look of this site and our board! there is nothing we can do to change it! think about it!
we are talking about an multimillion dollar organization! unless they profit from us, they are not going to change it! why it was shut down for such a long time ! it seems the designer of this site didn't learn in school that you can update sites in the background!!!

but i can say one positive thing about this interruption!
this board helped ! i got attached to each and everyone of you guys in a different way! but there is more out there!

Shelly, few years back i worked in a bar as a bouncer and smoked a whole 25 pack in a 7 hour shift!
having the life now without the smokes! i love it! yes i get the cravings! the thoughts! the anxiety! but guess what !! give up anything that really means something to you, and you will have the same withdraw!

Mario, 7M 3D

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
July 28, 2005, 4:01 pm CDT

starting to catch on!

starting to figure out how to check the messages throught using the numbers on the bottom. it works backwards! hope everybody is doing ok!
east coast mario

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
July 31, 2005, 2:26 pm CDT

ckecking in

hi guys,

another week bites the dust!
honestly! the longer you quit the easier it gets!
the secret is that you have to reprogram your brain and learn to deal with the extra time!
east coast mario
7M 1W
can't paste my meter reading!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
August 1, 2005, 10:09 am CDT

every day

guys don't get me wrong!
quitting smoking was pretty much the hardest thing i had to do!
honestly, i walked away from a pretty much perfect life in europe! why! because if it goes to smooth and to easy, you make mistakes and get cought up in stuff you shouldn't had done in the first place!
I'm in canada for the last seven years! started out wit two suitcases and my dog!
with twenty five i bought my place and with 30 it was paid for! if i put an idea in my head i make it possible, otherwise it is a waste of my time!
the same goes for smoking!
don't even  think about excuses to take one drag of a smoke!
i have cravings!
i had cravings for the last 204 days! but so what!
but everybody has to find their own way !
we are humans, we are supposed to be different, it is our nature to do things that we are not supposed to do! look at the story about adam and Eva and the apple! it was said not to eat that fruit! what did they do, even they knew the punishment!
enough of that!
be unique, that what makes life interesting!
east coast Mario

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
August 4, 2005, 5:18 am CDT

not the same!

hi guys,
this board has definitely changed! and i can't say to the good!
but it also has showed me that it can be done without it!
like i said before, kahuna nobody gets left behind! i wish the doc heard of that one, because i feel that he and his crew left a lot of us (not just this board) sitting in a boat with no paddles.
it seems like people don't find their way back here, or they do but they don't have the patience to stick around! it is sad to type that way!
i just hope that we can grow again!

east coast mario

ps: the trick with the mortgage! 75 hours a week and a lot of kraft dinner (i don't touch that stuff anymore! my hometown in europe is outside frankfurt in west germany!

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 5, 2005, 3:19 pm CDT

checking in

seems like this board died!
to who ever is out there!
east coast mario

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
August 6, 2005, 11:14 am CDT

?????

i don't think that this would bring the old crew back!
he blew it this time! but hey i'm still smoke free and that what counts to me! it seems like he changed! in the beginnig he cared now it it seems that he needs to mat his qota! i used to love building furniture, but as soon my boss discoverd that he could make money on that, he put a big rock in my road. now i can care less about that stuff! maybe it comes back! who knows, maybe the old crew gets back online!
keep your stick on the ice!~
mario
7M 1W 6D

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
chillin'
August 8, 2005, 10:56 am CDT

does it matter

does it really matter!
relapse or staying smoke free. this board was created and used until it has abused solely to help us to get over the handicaps to reach the goal of staying healthy.
Rome wasn't build in a day!
as it goes for me, i'm smoke free now for 7 1/2 months! still have my urge to have a smoke! but thats not the reason anymore to post on this board! the main reason, you guys got close to me because we all share the same problem. don't stay in the back and expect the miracle to hit u in the face.
like the doc said. you can't change what you don't acknowledge!
with these words!

east coast mario

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board