Message Boards

Messages By: michellenz

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
July 24, 2005, 7:30 pm CDT

Hello BlueonBlue

I think that your family & you will come through this. I know that it is hard letting the man that you love more than anything in the world go. It would have been one of the hardest things in your life to have to do.

I am so pleased that you are slowly putting your life back together, as well as your children's.

I know that starting out on your own would have been hard as well.

You are doing all the right things, especially for your children. Even if they don't show it, having a bit of a normal life, even if it is a strange new life without their father in their home, is going to help them in a BIG way.

As for your husband, all I can say is keep the doors open for him. Carry on being your true self, a woman that is loving & kind. He will slowly see the woman that he did leave behind & want her back.

Don't allow anyone to bad mouth him around the kids or you, as it is not healthy for them, and if you should both get back together, having that kind of stuff will just "add to it".

Try new things, this is a hard time yes, but you can make the most of it, like it is a time of finding yourself again. Maybe start a new hobbie, or meet new friends. This way you will have things to take you mind off the current problems, and inside it helps heal the hurt as well.

You are a beautiful woman that should have the best in life. It is OK to treat yourself.

By doing all these things, by your actions, you are teaching your children how to handle all your feelings in a healthy manner. It also shows them that you are a strong woman.

Take one day as it comes, if you can get out of bed with even a weak smile on your face, then in my book...you have passed that day with flying colours.

God Bless,

Michelle,

In New Zealand.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 24, 2005, 8:48 pm CDT

Potty Training Idea!!!.....

This idea was given to me when I was potty training my daughter when she was 4 years old (she is now 7).

I had used Pull Ups & was getting no where. So I tried this, & within one week, it was potty every time, all the time. It has also helped other mothers from slowly going crazy with this problem.

Anyway, I brought a pack of thick menstruation sanitary pads and placed them in her underwear.

The idea of this is because it will help any small accidents that happen while walking or running to the toilet or potty. Yet, if they choose not to use the potty or toilet, they still have the uncomfortable feeling of the wet mistake. I also did this at night time.

Yes, at first we went through many clothes, as well as sheets in the bed, thank goodness for the plastic lining that I place on her bed.

She learnt that it was uncomfortable to sleep with wet clothes, & learned to go potty.

Along with this, we started a "well done potty star chart". Each time she went potty without wetting herself, she got a star.....after getting so many stars...she got a treat, which was anything from a small toy (cheap one), a visit to the park, or lunch at Mc Donalds. We did about 20 stars before she got the treat.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Happy Potty Training!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board