Message Boards

Messages By: auraliza

Message Emote
chillin'
July 28, 2005, 1:26 am CDT

Picky Eaters

Quote From: ginnyn

I have totally forgotten how PICKY 2 yo's are!  I have trouble getting him to eat much of anything!  The one thing I can count on him eating is ritz crackers & fishey crackers.  Outside of those it is hit & miss with the rest.  It is driving me NUTS!!  LOL

I know exactly what you mean! I have a 1yr old little girl, she refuses to eat breakfast, and when the mood strikes her, lunch and dinner. I have tried everything- yoghurt, scrambled egg, about 15 different cereals, fruit and finally begging and pleading. I worry about her not eating properly, I have let her dictate to me what and when she has wanted to eat before and she lost so much weight. I had to resort to force feeding. I just hope her pickyness doesnt get worse, Mommy is already frustrated!

Message Emote
hopeful
July 29, 2005, 6:16 am CDT

Thanks!

Quote From: boommers

Mommy has to stop giving in. This is now clearly a control issue. If you want her to develop a healthy approach to eating than you need to start from a healthy place yourself. Force feeding cannot seem like the right thing to do right? You put some variety on her plate in small portions. What she eats she eats and what she doesn't she doesn't. If she wants more of one thing give it to her. If you put fruits and vegetables in small amounts and not make a big deal out of it eventually they will try some and later will eat them. You have made this about everything but the food. The kid will not starve herself.

Thank you SO much for the advice, its so wonderful to have an outsiders point of view. As much as I love my little one I really was at the end of my teather- not getting support from my husband either, I don’t think he knew what to do with me, or her... Force feeding definitely was not the right thing to do, but I didn’t know how else to get her to eat. Being a mom is all very new to me and Im learn something new every day.I cant thank you enough...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board