Message Boards

Messages By: kuntrygal

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
July 25, 2005, 12:15 pm CDT

confusing

Trying to figure this out.  It's me, kepeters.  Changed my username.  This is all so confusing.

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 12:39 pm CDT

usernames

I see several people changed their usernames.  Glad I'm not the only one.  It's going to take me awhile to get used to the new boards.

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
giddy
July 25, 2005, 12:44 pm CDT

yippee!!

YESS!!!  I finally found my buddies!  It's me, Karen, kepeters.  Changed my username.  Hugs to all!

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
sad
July 25, 2005, 1:22 pm CDT

lois

Hi there friend!  Glad to see ya here.  I'm waving right back at ya!  Took my oldest son for a check up appointment today.  He will be 7 in October.  He was 52 inches tall, weighed 100 lbs.  They sent him for labs, to check his thyroid & for diabetes.  Did a bone growth study xray.  I have to take him to a nutritionist.  I have 6 months for the doctor to see a difference, or they will send him to a gastroenterologist to deal with a "overeating problem".  They said he is obese.  So, needless to say, I am not happy today.

Hugs,

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 1:28 pm CDT

2 Karens

Since there is now 2 Karens here, just call me Karen P.

Hugs,

Karen P

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 1:39 pm CDT

Ladean

Hey friend.  I'm glad the pediatrician is acting now also.  I know it's going to be hard, but things have to change.  I put in a call to a cousin of mine who is a pediatrician also.  I'm hoping to get some ideas from her also.  I didnt even think of her sooner.  She just graduated a few months ago.  He told me if I had to get a padlock and trunk and lock certain foods up to do it.  Not gonna do that.  I'm not gonna have anything in my house from now on, that would have to be locked up.

Hugs,

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 6:31 am CDT

Hi everybuddy!

Hi all!  Still getting used to the new boards.  How is everyone?  I missed talking to you all while the boards were down.  Hugs to all!

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 6:43 am CDT

Wendy

Hi friend!  How are ya?  Well, the house is coming along, slowly but surely.  We got the permit finally for the well & septic.  Should have the building permit this week, did the paperwork last week.  Waiting on a call today to fax papers to the bank for the loan.  We are already approved, but have to get a letter saying that we are to be able to order our house.  So, with any luck, we will be moved by Thanksgiving.  I was hoping for sooner, but I dont want to rush things and something go wrong.

How are your girls?  Boys are doing good.  I have to take Wayne (6 yo) to a nutritionist.  I took him for his check up and he was 52 1/2 inches tall, and weighed 100 lbs.  This should be interesting.  They are worried because diabetes runs on both sides of the family, and thyroid problems on my side.  Will let you know how it goes.

Hugs,

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 7:44 am CDT

Connie

Quote From: 1bigkid

I'm also happy to hear that you are seeking a healthier lifestyle for your son. AS you well know it has become epidemic in this country...the rise of obesity in young children. On the other hand Kids are just bigger in size it seems then years ago. Mainly my message to you was don't jump on the "guilty mother" bandwagon....it seems when ever anything goes wrong we mothers are the first to blame ourselves.......as Dr. Phil often says you did the best you knew how...now you will work from there and as you know better how to handle the problems you will do better......It is obvious to those of us who know you what a fantastic mom you are......don't lose sight of that because of this issue..you'll go along and do what you have to for your kids as you always do......Son & MotherTake Care My friend..how nice to see you......Connie

Hello my friend!  I love your new username!  The pediatricians office just called me.  They got him an appointment with the nutritionist September 7 10:30 am.  I have talked with my cousin who is a registered diatician and she is going to help me also.  She said she would get some information for me.  I fixed green beans and potatoes and pork chops lastnight for dinner.  He wouldnt eat them.  He tasted the pork chop, wouldnt touch the green beans.  So, neither of my boys ate dinner lastnight.  I guess they will eat when they get hungry enough? 

Hugs,

Karen

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 8:09 am CDT

Connie

Quote From: 1bigkid

As I said I was just passing through but caught your post and was wondering..if my memory serves me right...is it your son who has Aspergers??? If so I think you may know its a whole different ballgame with their eating??? I won't go into a big long message here especially if I'm not sure if I'm recalling correctly about your son. If this is the case or even if it isn't I'd be glad to share by email with you about what I'm referring to.........I don't have my email posted but please email me at conniefrancesk@yahoo.com if your email is not in your profile.....I'll have to check and will get back to you soon.....hope I haven't completely thrown you .........Connie

Hi friend.  No, it's not my son.  I do remember someone posting about that, but dont remember who it was.

Hugs,

Karen

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board