Messages By: daniel

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 3:00 pm CDT

Fibromyalgia CD

Quote From: weemousie

I don't know if this falls into the category of Meditation andYoga but ...

I have Fibromyalgia. The doctor wanted me to take anti-inflammatory medication, anti-depressants, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers. I'm not a pill person so I refused and went about searching for an alternative method to deal with this condition.

I often listen to my body as it usually lets me know what I need to do to help it. The message my body was giving me was to try guided imagery as a means to eliminate the pain. So I went searching online and found a CD for Fibromyalgia that was made by a Psychotherapist by the name of Belleruth Naparstek. She has worked with trauma victims of 9/11 and the Gulf War, etc.

I am of the beief that Fibromyalgia is trauma (either physical or emotional or both) that has lodged in our cellular structure. I purchased the CD online and from the first day of listening to it I have not had a flare up of the Fibromyalgia. Sounds like a winner to me.

Just thought I'd post this in the chance that someone will read it and perhaps find this will help them.

I need some information on where to get that meditation CD for pain.  I have RSD and i am in constant pain in my left leg.  I want to learn to meditate, I seen to be tense from the pain I am in and the horrible pain meds I am on.  Thanks!!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board