Messages By: azanco

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
happy
July 25, 2005, 2:24 pm CDT

She's been fine

Quote From: mrsmootz

My daughter Valerie will be 3 years old in a few weeks. For the past few months, she has pretended to have an imaginary friend - with a twist. You see, instead of having an imaginary friend, Valerie IS the imaginary friend. She says she is "Timmy" and that "Valerie" is someplace else - usually in the forest picking flowers and sometimes on her lap or sitting with her in the car. This is disturbing to me, as I don't know if she's being unusually creative or just kind psychotic in this behavior. Is she casting off her own identify for some reason? And how can I get her to be herself again?
My 5 year old (Sabrina) used to have imaginary friends then became her own imaginery friend - Cher.  Cher would come over and she would leave.  She started doing this around 3 1/2.  It started getting a little frustrating and I became concerned as well.  I started talking to her about Sabrina and all the great things does and that I missed her while she was gone (while Cher visited)and that I loved her, then Sabrina would come back.  Cher's visit came for shorter intervals.  Now at 5, Cher is often talked about but rarely visits!!  Good luck.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board