Message Boards

Messages By: keekee

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 3:58 pm CDT

Do what works best for you

I am a mother of one 16 month old child.  She seems to tell us what works best for her.  As a small infant we tried putting her in her crib, but she didn't have very long sleeps, so as parents we decided to co-sleep with her until she was ready to go into the crib.  At 11 months she seemed to tell us that she was ready to grow up a little bit more. This is when she started sleeping in her crib through the night, except through teething stages (which we are still experiencing).  We try not to take her out of the crib when she wakes up at night unless she seems to be in pain, we just rub her back or sing to her.  We also moved the crib right up beside my bed so that she would feel close to us.  When she gets used to this with no interruptions though out the night, we plan on moving the crib back to it's original place.  So I guess we are gradually helping her to sleep on her own.  I just believe sleep has a lot to do with your infant/toddlers behaviour, so I don't want to mess with it too much.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board