Message Boards

Messages By: sharim

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 4:15 pm CDT

Ok this is New

Well it will take some time to getting used to and maybe when I am off of dial up it will be better...

They have incorporated all the good things that a message board needs...so that will help..no more stumbling around and how to's

Good to see You Becky and You Andie....maybe the rest will show up at sometime....if they can figure it out...

Doing great, painted the house and been swimming 4 times a day...now I am back in Ca...and will be moving on Friday....so it will be a few more weeks before I am back at the board hot and heavy.

Shari

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 24, 2005, 10:05 pm CDT

0h Middle Age Plus and We Got Real

Quote From: nannybeck4

HEY WONDERFUL WOMEN! I HOPE YOU FIND US REAL SOON! OUR CIRCLE OF SUPPORT IS KINDA TOOK A BEATIN LATELY!!! IT'S BEEN A REALLY HOT HOT SUMMER AND THAT HASNT BEEN ALL BAD FOR ME. MY APPITITE IS NOT WHAT IT USUALLY IS SO THAT'S HELPED A LOT! THE SWIMMING POOL HAS HELPED WITH THE I E TOO! THE BARBQUE GRILL HAS ALSO HELPED WITH GOOD FOOD CHOICES. SO SUMMER IS NOT A TOTAL WASHOUT EVEN THOUGH THE STORMS HAVE BEEN PLENTIFUL AROUND HERE!!!

WELL  I HOPE YOU ALL GET BACK HERE REAL SOON!!!

(((HUGS))))

BECKY

FROGHOP

Well I am back again...I hope I can find my way once I leave...this has been a real challenge... 

Ok Summer is quickly coming to a close and I hope that our group joins us again....I am really trying to get here... 

We have been moving as most of you know and now Bill is back to work and I am getting back in the swing...leg problems are about gone and the TM has a huge room of its own now...I am on it daily along with the swimming pool that is here as well...the weather is perfect all year round so I will have no excuses not to get out and do my thing...along with the new addition to our family....a puppy...now I call that exercise...because we have no fences I get to walk Bitsey about 4 times a day...that is a good thing.. 

I have started laying in supplies once again to get the good choices going full steam... 

Well enough of this and a Huge HI to everyone... 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 26, 2005, 11:02 am CDT

I made it again

I am sorry, but I just don't like this set up.....I am on alot of message boards but have never been this confused in my life....well I guess I will deal with it.. 

Hi to you all...I am not sure how to answer you with out having to use your message as a quote... 

Key #4 Discussion....today...ok will look it over then comment on it....tells you something about where my head has been lately... 

I am sending my best to all those that are sticking to this program...The scale today told me I have lost every bit of weight I gained when I was out of commission...woooooooooohooooooooo for me...It pays to exercise and get your head out of .....well you get the drift.... 

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 26, 2005, 11:11 am CDT

Key #4

The best Mastery you will have is to get yourself prepared...learn what is a good choice and why...dump the choices that have gotten you to where you are at...learn about you..why you make these choices...what is in it for you and why you keep going back to them...until you know YOU there will be no mastery over your choices.... 

This also goes for Impulsive eating...why do we do it, when do we do it and again what is in it for you?  What emotional struggle are you going through when you pop a candy, grab the chips, fill your plate with more than what is recommended??? 

You have to find all these answers and be willing to fix them .....then and only then will you begin to Master the program...this takes time....and dedication to YOU.... 

Remember YOU ARE WORTH EVERY SECOND YOU SPEND ON YOU...... 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 26, 2005, 7:39 pm CDT

YEIPs Pal

Quote From: yourpalkit

First is the item  then the calories for one serving and what it would be having a donut every day for a week, next for a year and then how many pounds it puts on our bodies. 

Glazed Donut (290 calories a serving)  21 pounts a year 

Regular Soda (140 calories a serving) 15 pounds a year 

Binge eating 1,000 to 3,000 calories a few times a week) 30 to 90 pounds a year 

Night time eating (270 calories each evening)  20 pounds a year 

Shari>  I miss the "edit your message"  feature!  Change is good and we will get used to it!  LOL 

KIT 

Well the Donut thing is not my thing anymore....I can't even stand the smell of them hehehhehe 

I know what you mean about the Edit feature hehehhhe 

The trick to this is to put a chart in plain sight....then before you put anything in your mouth do the math.... 

If you have eaten 3 meals, healthy choices and 2 snacks again healthy choices, you shouldn't be craving Poundage choices.... 

If you exercise when you have that urge to binge, like take a walk, do some wall pushups....sit on the exercise ball you will be in a better mood and health wise better off.... 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 26, 2005, 7:40 pm CDT

Hey Blue

Quote From: blue_white

You can behave your way to a healthy, fit body. If you change what you do, and you change the payoffs or rewards that you get, you move closer to permanent weight loss. Dr. Phil McGraw (TUWS--page126)

Change
Change
Rearrange
PERMANENT weight loss is not so strange!
Change what I do?
How will that pay?
I am one step closer to my goal today!

My personal goal is a NEW firm commitment to ALL the 7 KEYS!

Today is the first day of the rest of ... Blues life.

Blue

What a pleasure seeing you.  

Being Firm to Reconfirm  

Your goals are but a step away  

Great quote from Dr Phil....  

Shari  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 26, 2005, 7:48 pm CDT

Becky

Quote From: nannybeck

IT IS REALLLY GREAT TO SEE YOU TWO HAVE STARTED THE KEY 4 DISCUSSION! YOU BOTH ARE GREAT AT THIS! 

I AM READING KEY 4 NOW AND GATHERING MY THOUGHTS ON IT. I RETOOK THE AUDIT AND NOTICE I HAVE SHAVED A COUPLE OF MY BAD BEHAVIORS SINCE I TOOK IT LAST. HURRAY!! THE NIGHT TIME EATING IS MY DOWNFALL! BUT! I HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT SINCE I STAY UP TILL 1 AM MOST NIGHTS I SAVE ONE OF MY SNACKS FOR ABOUT 11. I DON'T OVER EAT IN THE EVENINGS ANY MORE, BUT I DO USUALLY EAT MY YOGURT OR FRUIT LATE AT NIGHT!  

I STILL CLEAN MY PLATE BUT SINCE MY PORTION CONTROL IS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAT'S NOT SO BAD. 

KIT I AM GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER SO I AM ASSUMING YOUR DATE IS A NITE AT THE CAR RACES. HAVE FUN! 

SHARI GLAD TO SEE YOU HERE..CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING BACK ON TRACK TOO! 

I WILL GO BACK AND READ SOME MORE AND POST AGAIN LATER! 

SEE YA THEN!!! 

BECKY 

Gf it is great to be back and feeling like me again.... 

You know I love discussions and this one is a real wakeup call for most people... 

We all have to get back on track and get it moving....drink our water as Kitty would always remind us... 

Mastering ourself is the first step of Mastery over Food and once that is mastered so is the binge eating... 

My suggestion is to make a list of what is bugging you....be truthful with this list...even little things... 

Then go back and find the Fix for the things that bug you...find out if they are the things that keep causing you to binge......be honest with you... 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 26, 2005, 7:49 pm CDT

Hey Barbara

Quote From: brcscc

Just got a minute before I leave for work. 

Welcome back Shari, so good to see you here. 

Kit and Becky, Vicky and Deb, Andiepie, hi to all.  Hope I haven't missed anyone, if I did it's not intentional. 

Key #4 discussion for tomorrow and all weekend sounds great.  I have really been going over this one and am ashamed I've been so remiss in my efforts.  But am working hard on getting it right once again. 

Take care, 

ttfn Love Barbara 

Nice to see you again....I hope to be around for a while this time... 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 27, 2005, 11:17 am CDT

Barbara

Quote From: brcscc

"People do what works"....... "you choose to keep doing the behavior because, at some level, it works for you.  At some level it pays off for you, it generates some value for you, or you wouldn't do it."  

I always had a problem with what he was trying to tell me and I'd keep questioning myself about this and finally almost 2 years later I figured out what it meant for me. 

It works for me because I don't need to plug into real life.  I have always hid behind my weight, used for excuse not to have to do things, the bigger I got the more reason to say, I can't.  But you know what , life is passing me by and at 51 I want to live. 

I need to really work this key and stop behaving my way into keeping this weight on. 

Hope to get back this weekend with more on this key. 

Take care, 

ttfn Love Barbara 

For the most part I was in that same mind set.... 

I was the Mom that would say yes as long as it didn't inclue any extra movement on my part and if it included lots of food. 

I have alway been on some DIET or another I lost mega amounts of weight and I put it all on again. 

Like you it was easier to hide than take care of me....make me healthy was not in the stars... 

Well that has all changed....I know what I want, I am determined to get it and keep it...HEALTH FOR ME... 

Even with health issues you need to commit to YOU...no one else...for no other reason than to get your health inorder...Being over 50 and over weight is not a pretty place to be...but it is not an impossible place to be either...it just takes more work and more determination.....you have people on these boards that want you to want to succeed, but you have to want that for yourself first. 

Shari 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 27, 2005, 11:20 am CDT

What Work????

Big Question and many answers..... 

Being overweight works for me Because?  Give this question some honest thought and then I hope you all will give us all and honest answer...remember we are all in this together...and something you might say just might help someone else along the way.. 

Shari 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board