Message Boards

Messages By: gklassen

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
sad
July 26, 2005, 10:48 am CDT

NO HOPE

Hi everybody, I'm new to this. My wife and I are having debt problems to. We fell behind on some bills and now are suffering just trying to get back on our feet. We've already had our gas shut off ot our house because we're trying to pay one debt at a time but they just keep piling up and up it seems endless.

We already consolidated our debt at the bank we own a small business and my wife has a job on the side but it's still not enough It's sooo depressing.

To top it all off our 21 yo son moved back home because of drug abuse so we know have bigger problems because where we're from there is no government help. Life seems to be getting shorter at a rapid speed I could just curl up in a ball and die.

Life sucks...

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 11:02 am CDT

Know The Feeling

Quote From: b_sanders

My husband and I are in debt. The bad thing, it isn't thousands and thousands of dollars. He is off of work ill. I am laid off for another few weeks. We are just not making it. We are so far behind in monthly bills we can't catch up on "old" bills. We worry about the rent payment, the school clothes, and every other aspect. It is funny to see our friends with new HUGE boats and two nice cars... and... and... and.

We can hardly keep our heads above water, let alone thinking about the future.

:(

My wife and I are in a familiar boat. Life just doesn't seem to be going our way but somewhere out there, there must be hope. We've tryed paying one debt at a time but the others keep pilling up with interest. All the best to you and your family hope there is a light at the end of your tunnel, your freinds from North of the border.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
hopeful
July 27, 2005, 3:44 pm CDT

Thanks

Quote From: marcia52

There are quite a few not-for-profit organizations that can help you work with your creditors.  Ask your bank for suggestions or call the local Credit Bureau or check the yellow pages or even do a search on a search engine.

I know what it's like to have back-to-back life events happening one right after the other until you feel like a nice deep dark cave would be best.  But taking the tiny little steps you need to get yourself back on track must be done.  Otherwise, you'll feel even worse than you are feeling now.

Thanks for your input I'll see what I can do. In the meantime all of us going through the same crisis should stick together. I'll keep in touch on the message boards, thanks again =)

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
hopeful
August 2, 2005, 3:40 am CDT

A Friend

Quote From: sherinpa

i read your post and me and my husband are in the same boat

did you go bankrupt?

we did like 5 years ago and now we cannot

buy anyhting at all

we struggle everyday

we are tryign to find out how we can start

building new good credit but

we dont know how

if you would like to chat sometime about

dept and life lol

i would love to

my email is paville3@hotmail.com

hang in there

and keep your chin up!!

sher in pa

Life will get better you just have to keep strong like I did. I sent you an email so if you read this first you'll know about it or if you don't read your mail often. We are getting better thanks to our bank and a whole lot of begging, for a while there we thought we'd have to sell everything to pay our debts or go bankrupt but so far so good we're keeping our heads above water. We'll talk again soon I hope I'm not always on this message board and sometimes i forget but be patient I'll be back .

Take care keep hope and lol Gary.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
hopeful
August 3, 2005, 11:47 pm CDT

HEAD ABOVE WATER

Hi everybody looks like i'm starting to keep my head above water. I bugged my bank long enough to consolidate my debts and they finally agreed. It tooks months but now I freed up nearlt $800/MTH which is going to help a great deal. I guess a person just has to keep going, because it was looking pretty grim and I just didn't feel life should go on or I should sell my house and vehicles just to servive. Good thing I didn't other wise I'd have to make more debt trying to regain what I had lost.

I have gone bankrupt in the past quite a few years ago and that to costs alot. But I had no choice due to a nasty divorce that was my only way out. But if bankruptcy is the only way then i'd say do it but you will have bad credit for about 7 years, atleast here in Canada.

All I can say to anyone thinking of going bankrupt is check every avenue first because credit seems to be very important these days. If anybody want to talk give me a holler at clean05@mts.net lol Gary

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board