Message Boards

Messages By: serez03

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
surprised
July 26, 2005, 1:06 pm CDT

4 years old and still not potty trained!

Quote From: muggens

My daughter turned 4 in April and she still won't pee in the potty! (she does poop in it so thank God for some miracles) It isn't that she isn't "aware" or can't control it. She just simply refuses to go. She holds it for as long as she can and then goes in her pants during transition (i.e. en route to the grocery store) or when she is upset with me. I recognize this as her way of controlling what she can and was given the advice (almost a year ago!) by her pediatrition to ignore it and she will eventually just start using it. I'm still waiting for that day and seeing no light at the end of the tunnel. Her teachers are concerned, I'm concerned and very frustrated. My daughter and I have had many discussions about this being social unacceptable, isn't it uncomfortable, etc., etc. SHe does recieve a popsicle for going but that has lost it's impact and I feel like I have no leverage left. I'm begining to consider therapy for her and have been worrying that she's been sexually abused! Anyone out there that can tell me I'm not alone or tell me what to do would be much appreciated. My patience is slipping! Frustraed in Seattle

Wow, I can't believe it she is 4 and not potty trained my goodness.  I seems to me you are to lenient on her getting her way all the time.  I don't mean to offend in any way but 4 years old come on. She doesn't need any therapy you need to be consistant on what you do.  I have hree daughters the oldest is 2 and was potty trained at 18 months and the twins are now 18 months are I have started potty training.  They now understand what pipi and CACA (Poop) is and are starting to understand it is not riht to use it on there undies.  I get them on panties when i get home from work and I am constantly asking if they want to pipi and taking them to the potty every 15 minutes until the pipi (urine) is in the potty. piecs of chocolate as a reward if they do and nothing if they don't. 

Your daughter is now 4 years old take her to the potty make her see that she is old enough and how she feels to be in diapers and the other kids in undies. but be consistent.  Have you taken her to the store with her pants wet and tell her how everybody is looking at her wet.  Just have patience and Consistent if you notice she is needing to go to the rest room take her don't let her run over you and get her way.  Kids are very smart and can get you you trained if you are not as stubborn as they are.

Don't give up and keep at it Good Luck! 

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 1:29 pm CDT

Kids can be kids

My oldest daughter is 2 years old. I picked them up at the babysitter. I got a complain  from the baby sitter that she had thrown her little sister off a chair.  As I was getting her in the car seat she wanted some candy and I told her no because you misbehaved by hitting you sister and with a sigh she said no she did not hit her sister "I just THREW her off the chair so can I get a candy!"  Needless to say she got me but still didn't get the candy because she is not supposed to be doing that!

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 11:16 am CDT

Hi muggen

Quote From: muggens

I am being as consistent as i can: She wears underwear all day, pull ups at night, I ignore accidents and reward success. I don't believe in shaming a child but yes, she has spent plenty of time in wet pants at the store, park, zoo, you name it. And this has been going on for a year. So you tell me when these wet pants might start to bother her. Don't worry you didn't offend but you might want to be more careful about the words you choose. Judging people and thier parenting when you don't even know them. Don't you think people come to this board when they just don't know what else to do? If we could all only be so lucky to have children as perfect as yours!

I do apologize for making you angry and it was not my intent to sound if I was judging you and I don't have perfect children.  You may try to do away with the pull ups at night this may be confusing her.  I put plastic bags on the mattress and then the sheet it worked after several times of changing the sheets.  But it was worth it. 

I as you don't beleive in shaming your child or mine.  I don't think that is shaming or do you?  IT is showing her that is not right to wet her panties but each person has a different way of viewing things.  How about having herself clean up after she does her mess.  Have her clean after what she did and at that sametime you are showing her responsibility to take care of the things she does.  I just wish you good luck and a whole lot of patience.

Again I do apologize for upsetting you that was not my intention I just seem to write my opinion.

Serez

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
surprised
October 3, 2005, 10:28 am CDT

Breast feeding and Condoms in schools

For all of those breast feeding moms congratulations it doesn't bother me at all to see mothers breastfeeding their kids.  I can't beleive those people that get offended when they see a mother feeding their child but think that people showing their underwear is individualism, and girls showing their bras as a fashion statement.   And a lot more I don't mention.  

The other thing about condoms being distributed in schools I as a mother of  3 little ones would not like for schools to give my girls condoms.  See that is another thing that is very upsetting.  Schools are allowed to distribute condoms so to prevent teenagers from getting pregnant but at the same time they exclude GOD from being in the pledge of alligence and to have GOD in courts or in anything to do with school..   Doesn't GOD Prevent evil, prevent wrong doing and shows how beautiful life is and yet they exclude HIM from schools.  What is this world coming too and we wonder why many kids are commiting Suicide.  In my viewpoint passing out condoms in public schools is wrong that is the parents decision and nobody else's. 

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
October 3, 2005, 1:56 pm CDT

10/07 The Latest Debates

Quote From: kairshea

That is why it is called a PUBLIC school...God should have no place in it.   

There are many religions that go to PUBLIC schools...some believing in God, some not, some believing in another diety or none at all.   

And kids aren't committing suicide because condoms are being distributed in schools.  They are committing suicide because NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT IT!!!  (ie. where to go for help...what to do about the feelings that I am having...)  School becomes a perfect place to address these issues because you can reach such a large number of students; however, parents must be involved too.   

And it isn't like schools are GIVING condoms to every kid.  They are available for students, but they are not pushed upon every child with the assumption that they will naturally be having sex because they are a teenager. 

Education is KEY!  Ignorance is not an excuse.  "Just Say No" has been proven to fall on deaf ears.  I think abstinance needs to be one part of sex education, along with other options for those students who will not follow that philosophy. 

You are right it is public school so why are drugs, sex and crime in public schools!  There are also people who don't beleive in sex before marriage, in drugs and other items.  Everybody has the right to beleive what they want but to make exclusion of GOD is not right but that is my opinion. 

Let me clear something else before I forget, regarding the suicide I didnt' make myself clear last time. I know they are not commiting suicide because of the distribution of condoms in schools. They are doing becuase they are missing God or a spiritual individual in what ever religion they believe in. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board