Messages By: bsmith77

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 4:59 pm CDT

Dont give up....

Like the old saying goes..."Better off alone than being miserable."

I think it sounds like youre still bitter though. I experienced the same thing after moving out of my abusive father's house when I was 20. I had never dated, thought all men were like him- and it took me 5 years to finally start dating! Although Im now happy with my fiancee of 2 years, I had to have faith in myself back then to realize there IS someone for everyone, and when you're least looking for it- true love will come into your life. Just be confident with who you are for now.

Dont give up entirely. That's when you sell yourself short....everybody deserves the man of their dreams! I had to wait a quarter of a century to even find him!! Theres hope for everyone and I know thatt now.

God bless...

Bonnie

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 5:13 pm CDT

Dont sell yourself short

Quote From: slayereve

I am 23 years-old, and recently found a job through a summer youth program. I work at a food bank. This is where I met a guy I will call "Joe." Joe and I have been flirting, but the last few days it kind of wound down. I could see it in his eyes that he was thinking about not starting a relationship with me. He told me to give it time several weeks ago, and so I figured that I was being paranoid about the look in his eyes, because I am self-conscious. I am upset because I have been very distrustful of relationships, and then I meet "Joe," who is good looking, intelligent, and nice. I have lost a lot of respect for him, as he had none for me. Instead of talking with me privately, he had a conversation with other co-workers behind my back, then had another guy "Ben" tell me that he wasn't interested in a relationship. Am I disappointed, yes; do I respect his wishes? Definately. My problem, is that either a guy flirts, but doesn't ask me out; other guys only make comments about my body, so I avoid relationships with them (most times). I haven't dated in 2 years; my last date broke up with me the day after Valentine's Day, and I have never had an actual boyfriend, though my younger sisters and brother have had long term relationships. I am wonder, what am I doing wrong? What am I supposed to do to attract a good looking, intelligent, and nice man. What is wrong with me?

Women give so much away of themselves by what men think of them. think of yourself as a goddess....that men should be worthy of YOU, not the other way around. If you want to give men the upper advanatge, you will come off as desperate and needy. That turns men,,,,especially YOUNG men, off even more. Maybe you should also seek someone a  little older...dating in your 20's is almost as tough as dating in your teens!

Rememeber, women on average mature 7 YEARS than their male counterparts. I found out my own problem was that I wanted maturity, appreciation, emotional stability, and loyalty-and I wasnt finding it- so I finally found it with a man 19 years my senior.

I found the book "He's Just Not that Into You" featured on Oprah as very inspirational on this subject. They have a few articles and exceprts from it online if you use a search engine....hope this helps...

B

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
July 28, 2005, 1:33 pm CDT

Tired of Being Single

Quote From: cat172

bsmith77 wrote: "Rememeber, women on average mature 7 YEARS than their male counterparts."

I'm not too convinced by this! The boyfriends I've got on best with in the past have been a year younger than me, and recently a male friend who is only 5 years older than me said that I was "much younger than him"!

I have never had a boyfriend my own age, only younger or much older guys seem to be interested in dating me. Something about my youthful apptroach to life seems to put them off, as they're all busy trying to make it in their careers in their mid-thirties, and I just want to enjoy life without being a slave to the wage :-) Not that I'm flaky, I'm responsible enough to have always had a job and payed my own way, it's just not the top priority of my existence to make it big in business..

Maybe this is off-putting to guys but I don't really understand why.

cat172

Well, what works for YOU is what makes it great. Perhaps you don't want marriage, kids, or a career just yet...or any time. I noticed I like much older men because not only are they mature....but my bf already has three grown kids and he is not pressuring me to "start a fmaily" as compared to younger men just starting out in life. Some women, however, like younger men because of their carefree approach to life...and some older men DO pressure younger women to become stable...I guess youre right evevry woman and man is different, Im just stating the AVERAGE and what Ive rearched and/or been through....maybe when Im in my thirties I will want a younger man too! Were always evoloving and our priorities change over time...

best of luck!

B

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
October 23, 2005, 2:43 pm CDT

10/21 Moms and Money Conflicts

Quote From: nikki_pvn

It is not your dream but hers, and not your money either.  Was it so "funny" that I had to "laugh uncontrollably"?, no. Her determination and dreams are nothing to be ridiculed, that was her choice. 

You must be a very supportive person to your friends, or just vindictive if  you see that they are trying to achieve some sort of goal?................pathetic................. 

I resent that.  

This was an obviously romanticizing woman (on the show). It WAS laughable. Just because she was laughing at this lady does not mean she does that in her own life. I know I don't. But then, I've never witnessed somebody spend so much of somebody else's hard-earned money "inventing" a piece of crap that has already been invented, nonetheless. And not one has been sold yet...I would test things out and research a few articles online- I mean either the lady did not know how to do so or just didn't want to face reality, and was in a continual fantasy land that she would someday become a national household name and be up in the ranks with Bill Gates- if she even knows who that is!- and I observed the latter.  

Theres diference between "pipe dreams" and goals.  

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
October 23, 2005, 6:42 pm CDT

Check out ROP

Quote From: sambobaby

I recently got laid off indefinitely from a Receptionist/Secretary job, and with this economy jobs are very difficult to get. Plus i wish so bad to break into the travel industry. I would love to work at an airport or be a cruise lines sales rep. What can i do that will make me happy, plus bring in a paycheck. 

I am 50 years old and i am not sure employers want to invest their time with an older gal. 

A good place to start is to see if they have training-paid or not?- from the Airline companies in regards to reservations/call operators. If they don't, I would check out your Regional Occupation Programs- I know there are like 3 branches in my area (in southern California) that offer free training in travel/hospitatility courses...you could do a Google search too....  study course for a travel agent certificate.  

It looks to me as if you want to get into reservations... 

Check out  http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos124.htm  for travel occupation requirements. (Age has no factor here. ) 

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
October 24, 2005, 3:08 pm CDT

How...

Quote From: wiccan1972

seriuosly get over yourself if you think that that woman had a pipe dream. Maybe she needed to more experience and exucation but I think her product was pretty kewl. I would have bought one. Laughing at someones hard work is hardly a nice thing. Her husband supported her because he loved her. She worked hard too. Look at all the product that she made. At least she doesn't shop at Macy's all day and spend 1,000s of dollar on her hair nails and outfits. She seemed very hard working to me. I think she had a great dream even if she didn't get as much as Bill Gates success is success and that is what she was after.
If you took a moment to have some empathy you would not have room to laugh.

am I snobby? 

I work hard for my money and don't shop at Macy's either. I feel very sorry for this lady's HUSBAND. Ive taken only few businness courses in college but I do know one thing- I would highly research the product and potential existance of it before I spent 1/4 million to invent my own.  

I do have empathy- for her husband. My fiancee loves me too but he would not give me more than $10 if I said i wanted to invent a nail polish holder (nail polish bottles stand on tables already- like one interviewee pointed out) if I invented a robot that would give him oral it'd be different. 

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
October 26, 2005, 8:39 pm CDT

10/21 Moms and Money Conflicts

Quote From: pecan_37

I have a question, when you have an idea or invention what is the first thing that suppose be done.  

I have a great idea and I was told to do research but I don't know what to research. Some people say to patent first and some say don't until you have the facts. I have the idea and model of my invention but I don't know what to do next. You input is greatly appreciated 

I would start out with a simple yahoo search with key words of your product, to see if it already is "invented". Like "nail polish holder"....in the search bar. I recommend Yahoo over Google because I usually get more results if they already limited.... 

maybe somebody can help you with patenting and supplies (also searchable), but first you gotta make sure the product doesnt already exist...and all's possible with a yahoo search bar! 

User Mood
Weird

Message Emote
blank
April 26, 2007, 6:42 pm CDT

04/26 Obsessive Love

Quote From: chicomalo

I read your whole statement. Very true.

Finally, someone I can agree with.

There is also many steps she could have taken with the law by now....what I see is a vain immature women that seems to like the obsessive attention in a morbid, secretive way IMHO.

The whole myspace thing just killed me- I mean I must be younger than her, and not only still single WITHOUT children- I  would never make an account on there and show everybody my bikini pics....she seems desperately immature and loving every minute of it. THEY DESERVE EACHOTHER!!!

Of course, IMHO.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board