Message Boards

Messages By: candycvky

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
August 22, 2005, 12:41 pm CDT

Mother at the end of the rope

My daughter has been suffering depression since early teens.  She has been seeing a therapist since she was 16.  She is now 17.  Everytime it is time to start school, she starts making bad decisions.  She starts being sick, migraines.  She recently went off her birth control stating she just missed a few, was having unprotected sex with boyfriend, then thought she was pregnant.  I try to explain how her choices are making her physical symptoms and how they are really bad decisions, but then she starts blaming me, I have never been there for her, that I have no right giving her advice now.  I know it is because she doesn't want to face herself, but I am at the end of my rope.  So is her granny.  I have her staying with her granny to have allergy shots to help with the migraines and she was fine with it because her granny would let her get away with things me and her step-father wouldn't.  Now her granny doesn't and she isn't liking it and saying I have abandoned her.  I am the one paying the bills still, and taking her to many of her appointments, but she says I never have time for her.  I have tried to tell the therapist this, but I am not sure how far that is going.  I keep trying to help myself to help her, but helping her takes alot of time and money.  Any suggestions.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
August 29, 2005, 12:30 pm CDT

Don't know

I kinda question her depression.  My daughter was spoiled severely as a child and now the consequences of that are showing.  She cannot get it through her head that other people have other lives.  She is suppose to be the center of the universe and now that she isn't she can't accept it.  I was always the one to try to put reality into her world, (her granny is who spoiled her) so I am the enemy.  Now I am just an ATM.  Her respect for me is low especially now that granny is not spoiling her anymore and laying down the law.  This is all my fault.  I am trying so hard not to give up and competly lose my temper.  Her therapist only focuses on what Courtney is telling her.  Candy

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
October 17, 2005, 3:32 pm CDT

don't understand the obsessions

I have never understand the obsessions.  Many paparazzi is out of control and there are many fans out of control.  I enjoy certain actors and actresses and music and will see their movies or music, but I have never gone to the lengths people go to.  Maybe because I am so cynical.  I know that most of what you see is publicity either by the star or the press.  If more people would see that, the stalkerazzi would be out of existence.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
October 28, 2005, 12:45 pm CDT

overwhelmed

Hello, I am a 39 year old mother of 3 who has been trying to lose weight for at least 3 years.  I thought my wieight may have been due to thyroid, and now found out it is not.  I have bursytis in both knees and it is now important I lose weight according to the doctor.  I have tried most everything including the 7 keys and I cannot seem to break the habits I am in.  I also have low energy lately probably due to stress.  The 7 keys is good, but my problem seems to be that I get so focused on weight loss, I burn myself out on it and resort to past behaviors.  I am having a hard time finding the balance.  I am going to try the 7 keys again. 

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
October 28, 2005, 1:39 pm CDT

burned out

I have been trying to lose weight for at least 3 years and now that I have been diagnosed with bursytis in both knees I was told I have to lose weight.  The problem for me is that I get so focused on my weight, that I burn out and resort to past behaviors, especially when I am stressed.  I don't have much of a support circle around me.  thanks for listening.

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
October 28, 2005, 2:05 pm CDT

walking

Thanks, walking doesn't hurt as much it is moving my knees (like walking up stairs) is what hurts.  Swimming here is a seasonal thing.  I do have some work out tapes I am using, just have gotten out of the habit because I burned out on focusing on my weight.  I need to learn to deal with stress a different way.   

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
sad
November 3, 2005, 3:44 pm CST

Help

I am having a hard time restarting on losing weight even though Medically I need to lose weight and have found out it isn't a physical reason.  I have read the 7 keys and I am still struggling.  I feel I get so obsessed with either with food or with losing weight and get so frustrated and burned out on it.  Anyone else having this problem?

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
sad
February 2, 2006, 12:13 pm CST

hello

Hello.  I haven't been on for awhile.  I am an almost 40 year old with 3 adult kids.  I am trying so hard to get out of this depression, go to the gym, watch what I eat and lose 80 pounds.  I keep feeling like I am putting myself into this depression and I am just being lazy.  Hard to tell the difference sometimes.  Anyways just seeing what others are going thru might help I guess

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
blank
February 3, 2006, 12:07 pm CST

Another Day

Hi.  I have always seem to show signs of depression.  I have been on Lexapro before.  I am going to the doctor soon to help with this and the weight loss.  I have all but isolated myself in the last couple of years.  Don't know why.  Just me and Hubby.  (and no, he didn't do it).  I do feel better when I go to the gym, the problem is getting the energy to go.  I need help

User Mood
Distressed

Message Emote
frustrated
February 6, 2006, 11:46 am CST

To Jessalyn

Hey and welcome.  Have you really looked at why you feel so jealous?  The main thing to remember about your guy is that he chose you!  Men will look, it is nature.  I almost died laughing one time because my hubby almost ran up a sidewalk looking at a woman wearing daisy duke overalls.   His head actually did a 180 to look at her.  When you feel jealousy, it is either because he gave you a reason to be jealous or there is something you see in yourself to make you feel you are unworthy of keeping him and it hurts.  There is no easy answer. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board