Message Boards

Messages By: bdbarry

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 5, 2005, 10:08 pm CDT

Never a Dull Moment

I am a faithful follower of Dr.Phil Show, I never thought I would ever, ever have to write to someone to help me with my own illness, which to this point I thought I was managing fairly well, until tonight....a quick history, became quite ill at the age of 43, after extensive diagnostic tests, I learned I have Muscular Dystrophy, I was working full time and loved it, I could drive anywhere and loved it, now 10 yrs. later at the age of 53, Muscular Dystrophy has taken over my life, I can't walk very far, although I am still able to shuffle about, heaven forbid I should trip...I can't get out of regular chair, without assistance, I can't get out of any low riding vehicles, without assistance, food doesn't impress me anymore, could take it or leave it, after all these years of coping with this disease, I have been having seizures for the last couple of months, I don't know I am having or had them until I can't remember something, it is getting more and more frequent..I am scared to death...I cry at a drop of a hat, don't even need the hat, I cry all the time, it seems for no reason, I get confused, my whole body has sensations that I have never felt before, burning up and down my arms into my fingers, not even really a burning sensation, just alot of pain, I am on alot of medication to try to control the seizures now....but for the life of me I can't seem to deal with this new part of my illness...I thought I handled my illness very well in the beginning, people have said they never knew I was ill, I hid it well...but as the disease progresses, I am getting more and more paranoid, of what's to come, God willing i will be around alot more years, if I can just get a grip on what life is handing me now. I have a wonderful husband, we just celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary, we have a wonderful son Danny who is 32 yrs. old...and two adorable cats, the comedy relief team...my husband has been unwavering, he has been through it all with me, through think and thin, I knew I made the right choice when I married him and we said it would be forever, cause it has and will be, my son has been another rock in my life, as his mother I can do no wrong, according to him, he is my precious gem....I'm so sorry if i have rambled on, but it seems I have found my niche, I guess I just needed to vent, i really, really appreciate anyone who reads this. Hopefully life won't throw anything more my way for a while, however a grandchild would be nice..Thanks so much for taking the time to read my mail I feel a little better  warmest regards from Windsor, Ontario, Canada  Dale   aka  bdbarry

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 13, 2005, 8:59 pm CDT

Never a Dull Moment

Quote From: 2nephi

I know what you are going thru.  i am losing my sight and my hearing and I have a heart condition.  my husband is my tower of strenghth and gives me so much support also.  we are so lucky to have them.   when i first started losing everything as I had worked for 25 yrs in restaurants I went for counsiling to deal with it all.  it helped me and also praying to God.  You know he listens also and answers our prayers if we just learn to listens.  Now with everything else I have deal with i have headaches that are worse than migraines that I have have everyday and the dr. is trying to find the right medication and dosage to control them.  I make it day by day.  I still do just about everything but work my job as I need my eyes and ears to do that.  But I know you can get thru this also.  you have a greeat support system there with your husband.  you can do it. I have plenty of faith in you and i know that you can get thru this as it is just a shock right now.  once you decide you its ok and you are going to live your life to the fullest and like you want and like you always do, don't let it beat you. some days might be a bad sure. I have them everyday with my headaches but i keep going.  I don't let it get me down.  I have things to do.  I know you will come thru this just fine and be able to handle it as God will be with you. ask god to be with you and guide you during all these tough times and trials.  Many blessings to you and yours,  have faith, I know you can do it.  I have faith in you and i know you can get thru it.  2nephi
Well, thankyou very much for the words of encouragement..the day i wrote that letter, Never a Dull Moment, was a particularily hard day for me...normally I am pretty upbeat, I have been reading to many newspaper obituaries, all the deaths of people so young, it just made me very sad that day..How life is too short...and your right i do have more things to do in this life, alot more, I have a mum and brother who need and love me, I have a wonderful son and hubby who love and need me and I have to adorable kitties, who wouldn't know what to do without me....and i'm still waiting to be a gramma, hopefully someday...Once again thankyou, your words of encouragement have helped an ailing heart, so to speak....warmest regards from Windsor, Ontario, Canada  bdbarry

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board