Message Boards

Messages By: mnbutton

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
August 11, 2005, 4:56 pm CDT

no morale at work

I currently work for a company that has suffered many layoffs in the past year.  Many employees have quit and been fired in the meantime leaving very few to do the work.  The company rarely replaces any open positions, but continues to preach to the employees that "we're growing".  The office suffers from a very low morale and management seems to be under the impression that they just have a bunch of cranky employees that want to work in euphoria.  We're pretty sure that they'll close our office in the next year or so and consolidate operations in a more economical location.  Instead of keeping the employees informed and prepared for what's to come, they continue to feed us lines about growth and such.   

Of course, I've been searching for alternative employment for some time now.  The only problem is, there are no jobs in my field and the jobs that I'm qualified for outside my field don't provide adequate compensation.  Do I stick it out and wait around for severance from a company I've been with for 3 years, or do I continue hitting the pavement and searching for a new job with comparable pay?   

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board