Message Boards

Messages By: mom2raenem

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
August 8, 2005, 7:08 pm CDT

08/08 'Help Me Get My Kids Back!'

I don't understand why the same attention that was given to Shasta & Dylan was not given to this case?  I'd be tempted to have Lisa arrested as a c0 conspirator.  Then maybe she'd tell all she knew. I also have children, I don't know what I'd do if they vanished.  Our prayers are with their mom & family.  I hope they are found safely. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
August 8, 2005, 8:40 pm CDT

Preschool Suggestions

Quote From: tracee

My 4 year old son is starting preschool in 34 days. I've prepared him mentaly and he is excited. I'm not. I've already decided I will drive him for at least 2 weeks. I know I wont get away with much more than that because in preschool the biggest thing is the school bus. How can I get over the anxiety? What should I tell myself when I start to worry about him not being taken care of. I'm so scared he will get seriously hurt and no one will call me.

It sounds like youre off to a pretty good start.As a former preschool teacher & now a mother myself, understanding your feelings( they are normal!) I have a few suggestions that may help.   

Visiting the school before he starts once or a couple of times with your child can be a big help.  that way he has already met his teacher and some of the other kids as well as have a look around. Doing this also allows you to observe the routine and allows for questions you may have. 

When your drop off your son always remember to "say goodbye" and that you will return (after lunch, after nap etc.) Sneeking out does not help children feel secure 

Remember it's always ok to call and ask how the day is going.  We usually called new parents during nap to let them know about the day so far.  Most teachers have notices "what we did today" or personal notes about each child's day & activities. 

Be involved!  Most classrooms welcome parent participation.  I was always glad when parents expressed interest in or became involved in our activities. 

If there's any way I can help please let me know 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
surprised
August 8, 2005, 8:45 pm CDT

Interesting!

Quote From: my_bubba

I am actually not a mother, but I have a toddler brother that is 20 years younger than me.  The best advice I have gotten is from Dr. Phil and Dr. Karp (Happiest Baby on the Block, Happiest Toddler on the Block).  I actually bought Family First because I am like a second mother to my brother.  I apply both Dr. Phil and Dr. Karp's advice and it works wonders. 

:o)

Never heard of the book!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
giddy
August 10, 2005, 8:43 pm CDT

DR PHIL'S ADVICE

I HAD TRAINED COUNTLESS OTHER CHILDREN, BUT MY OWN CHILD HAS BEEN THE MOST CHALLENGING.  I DID EVERYTHING I KNEW THAT WORKED & THEN SOME.  I EVEN GOT THE DOLL THAT WETS FROM A FRIEND AND MY DAUGHTER HELPED THE DOLL LEARN TO GO POTTY.  SHE ENJOYED TEACHING THE DOLL, BUT WASN'T INTERESTED IN GOING HERSELF.  WE KEPT WORKING WITH THE DOLL AND ALSO HAD A POTTY PARTY.  WHENEVER SHE USED THE TOILET WE CLAPPED CHEERED & BLEW THOSE NOISY HORNS THAT YOU BY FOR BIRTHDAY PARTIES.  mY DAUGHTER LIKED WEARING THE PARTY HAT & PRAISING THE DOLL.(DR.PHIL'S ADVICE IN THE ADVICE SECTION OF THIS SITE) 

IT WORKED GREAT THE ONLY THING IS NOW EVERYTIME SHE GOES SHE SAYS,"ARE YOU READY YO SAY YEA MOMMY!?''  OF COURSE, I'M ALWAYS READY. 

SHE'S HAD A FEW ACCIDENTS.  I JUST WISH SHE WOULD POOP IN THE TOILET INSTEAD OF THE UNDERWEAR. (SHE JUST TURNED 3,WE'VE MOVED, & SHE HAS A NEW BABY SISTER: ALL THINGS CONSIDERED I THINK SHE'S DOING QUITE WELL) 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 10, 2005, 9:06 pm CDT

WHAT A WONDERFUL GIFT

I have been at home for 2 years now and although everyone has their moments-I love it! As much as I have enjoyed the years as a teacher being entrusted with others precious children. I feel blessed to be home with my own.  Our oldest is only 3, but I have started looking into homeschooling for many reasons.  I'm not sure where to start.  I don't doubt my ability to teach them since I'm quite comfortable educating preschoolers.  My daughter is well mannered & not shy when it comes to social skills.  I am a little concerned about what the monetary cost of homeschooling will be. 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board