Message Boards

Messages By: shelbybirk

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 3:42 pm CDT

ocd

My daughter started being seen for anger issues at the age of 2 and at seven when her dad went to Iraq and she didn't sleep for three whole days because she worried about him being killed, we finally were told she has ocd. There were all the signs of ocd we just thought she got mad because she didn't want to go out to eat(she worried about the food being alright, germs, being kidnapped or losing us, if the person serving us was clean ect..... two years of behavioral therapy and lexipro she is doing well shes 9 now, I was told by her latest doctor that we really have to worry when she gets to middle school as the class changes will stress her out, this has been such a struggle for our family and I am so worried for her as she gets older. Every year she starts school I write the teacher a note letting her know about the ocd and what issues might come up-she has germ, religion,thoughts and food ocd and signs of other things that could go bigger. I sometimes think that as she gets older her "common sense" kicks in and she can "boss" the thought out...I guess I want to her a mothers word of hope....

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board