Message Boards

Messages By: joeyjoey

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 3:37 pm CDT

ocd help

Anyone have OCD with worrying about being hungry (needing to carry food), feeling afraid you won't get enough sleep and afraid of getting out of the house (but once you get out you feel ok?), being alone makes it worse? I usually feel better when I am engaged with people but crash after I am alone again. Anybody?

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 3:40 pm CDT

Living in New york

I'm in Queens, any buddies for weight loss?

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 11, 2005, 6:28 am CDT

To Bonnieflec

Quote From: bonnieflec

I've been taking my 12 yr. old daughter to therapy every week for over a year doing cbt 

therapy. Her therapist thinks my daughter needs meds and it has been one step forward three 

steps back. The house is getting more contaminated and the less places she can walk thru, touch 

and be free to just be. My heart aches for her and it is also hard for the family to cope. I believe 

in meds but am nervous. My now 24 yr. old was treated for depression when she was 14 and after 

taking prozac became manic and was diagnosed w/ bipolar. I have been looking for a psychiatrist 

and it seems like all the good ones don't take insurance and I'm worried that my husband will flip 

out if I pay a doctor not on our plan. The therapist I take her to isn't on our plan, but I really like 

her and I am seeing her as well w/ other of my issues past & present. Does anyone have any 

good feedback about ocd and meds for children? 

Thank you and God Bless 

Bonnieflec, I am 41 and have a lighter case of ocd, i started feeling OCD when I was in my late 20's. I am not sure about children but I do know that some meds will aggrevate a patient if they have something else besides the OCD, say if someone is manic and they are being treated with an OCD medicine that can spark negative reactions. I did very well on Zoloft for years,OCD gone, but then it pooped out and it took a very long time to get a med to make me feel well again, so your child may just need to go thru the long process of finding the right medicine, the process can feel like forever but once you get the right meds it will be worth it. Good Luck, even OCD at a low level is miserable. I would recommend having the girls do regular exercise, there is something about running outdoors that helps alot, if they can get to that point. JoeyJoey

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board