Message Boards

Messages By: goldielox

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
frustrated
August 10, 2005, 5:53 pm CDT

AUTHENTIC???????

How does one find their Authentic self, when one has to be so absorbed in their child's life, (single parent) with an 8 yr. old boy who is ADHD, and very little support around, I am feeling absoutley exhausted, withdrawn, fedup.   I need a hand up not a hand out.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
hopeful
August 11, 2005, 2:33 pm CDT

it's a better day

Quote From: ritehere

Have you tried finding a support group in your area? It can help so much to interact with others in the same boat, and to make friends that can relieve each other periodically. I would ask your doctor first, he or she may know of groups or organizations you can look up.
Thank You ritehere for your response, just glad someone answered.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
August 20, 2005, 8:15 pm CDT

Mirror Mirror on the wall

Quote From: thesmitty

I need a place to talk about my anger.  I'm pissed off at everyone.  People seem to make me sick.  I'm like a volcano ready to explode on someone.

I've had my horrible bouts of anger also, and if I stop long enough to ask why, well it's me I'm angry with.  When we realize our own short commings, with an open mind and on a daily basis, then and only then, we can start over, if we choose to.  A new mind set as to what is good and gentle about ourselves, cry if you have to, breath in long deep breaths.  FOCUS on the good things around you, and help some one, without telling anybody.  This is an amazing experience if you are open to doing so.  Be kind to yourself with good energy, and when you look in the Mirror, live in the truth of YOUR life, with the gratitude of being a kind loving person.  Your not alone in this struggle!  

Goldielox 

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
August 23, 2005, 7:25 pm CDT

we have a very similar story

Quote From: bellacoo

Dear Parisiene  

Thank you for your advice.. i really appreciate it.  

I will speak to my "friend" and tell her how i feel about her interfering in my relationship with my boyfriend. However the problem is that he will not open up to me at all anymore.  

When asked why he is angry at me his response is "Nothing". I've told him if he doesn't talk to me i am not going to put up with him going to speak to someone else when the relationship concerns me and him only not our friend.  

I asked him if he thinks our relationship is worth saving and he simply said "its up to you".  

He believes that i am just jealous of their friendship and the truth is i am because he talks to her n not to me and during our break he had feelings for her.  

I told him that if he asked her if she had feelings for him and she said no not to come back to me because i WOULD NOT be second best.  

After we got back together i found out that is exactly what he had done and asked him why he didn't tell me before we got back together so i could make the decision myself and he didn't respond at all to that.  

I love him and ask him if he loves me. he tells me yes.  

i ask him as i need to feel loved because i don't feel that from my family and i just like the reassurance do u think that this is what is causing the problems between us??  

i love him and want to be with him but fear that our relationship is already over due to our friends interference.  

i am willing to give our friendship a break so i can work out my problems with my boyfriend but the problem is that we have same group of friends and will see each other at parties. i know that my boyfriend isn't willing to give up his friendship for our relationship.  

Is this a sign that he doesn't want to be with me and put our relationship first??   

I must say that I a have to agree with Parissiene 100 %.  The EXACT same thing happen to me 3 years ago.  He wants his cake and icecream, and you are left in the lurch thinking it is all your fault.  And it is not, he is not being honest with you at all.  You do deserve way better.  I still hurt from this ordeal because I loved this guy so much, I made the mistake of turning myself into a pretzel for him.  I don't know if I will ever completely trust another man, but as they say, time heals all, the hurt isn't as intenese, it's the trust that is slow to come.  I litterally agrued with this guy for 2 years, because I knew there was something that just wasn't right about his friendship with his female friend, but he would always just blame me for being jealous.  It had nothing to do with jealousy at all, it's called women's instinct.  Don't wait to long to move on. Hope this helps. 

Goldielox 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board