Message Boards

Messages By: vmitchell

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
August 10, 2005, 5:25 pm CDT

Hope for OCD

I've had OCD for over 30 years, and I have been truly helped by taking medication. Years of therapy could only do so much to alleviate my symptoms. Through some trial and error, I have found a combination of medications that work for me. 

I wish that Liz would be more open to the treatment options available to her. By not doing that, the OCD is holding her and her entire family hostage. I used to have the same type of thinking; God could heal this in me. I believe God wants us to use everything at our disposal to make our lives better. That doesn't mean that I don't have faith in God. 

I know that medication doesn't work for everyone, but I wish she would at least give it a chance. 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 25, 2005, 4:57 pm CDT

10/25 Deadly Injustice

My ex husband committed suicide 3 years ago about 2 miles from my home. He had threatened my new husband, my children, and me many times over the years. I had a restraining order, but I was afraid every day for my family. This story could have so easily been mine, and my heart goes out to this family. I tell my daughter all the time about controlling men. She saw how her father's behavior hurt all of us, and I hope she is more aware of how this type of relationship can happen. We need to teach our children to feel good enough about themselves that they will be able to avoid this horrible type of relationship. I will keep all of them in my prayers.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board