Message Boards

Messages By: nothing276

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 8:02 pm CDT

NEW...

Hey everybody:) I'm "new" I'm 16 years old and have been suffering from Bulimia Nervosa for two years now.I also suffer from trichotillomania(excessive hair pulling)  

Recently I have been referred[by my counselor] to an Out-Patient treatment program at the children's hospital .... even though I do not want to gain weight I know in the back of my mind it's the best thing for me. My only true worry is that I will begin to restrict, since I know I can not purge and that will lead to more problems.I understand that food is only an object, which is why I don't grasp the concept of it being what I use to cope with my emotions... I'm so confused 

Anyways, thanks for reading... 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
August 12, 2005, 7:42 am CDT

Anorexia

Quote From: angel_jess

help me please i  am 16 and just been diagnosed with anorexia what does it do exactly i mean i no that you don't eat please someone help me  

JEssi 

Anorexia Nervosa is a mental disorder in which the person refuses to eat , or cuts back on so much food that they are 15% under the average body weight(aka bmi of 17.5 or lower) It's not that anoretics do not eat, it is the fact that they have rules as to what they can eat, when they can eat, how much of each substance they can eat. Anoretics are highly concerned about their weight even when they are below weight. 

Iyou have naturally a high-metabolism and are naturally at a bmi of 17.5 then you are not Anorexic. As well, if you have amenorhea(sp?) meaning you have not gotten your period over a few months then that is another sign of Anorexia.  If you do count calories, or obsess about your weight almost 24/7, and your fear of gaining weight interrupts your life then that is what Anorexia Nervosa is. 

Signs that someone suffers from Anorexia Nervosa: 

15% below average body weight for their height 

refuses to eat 

extreme fear of gaining weight 

loss of menstration over 4 months 

becomes distant-does not enjoy socializing 

hope it helps...  

P.S these are just from my knowledge through my counselors and such- if you want more information google it. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board