Message Boards

Messages By: tcghbroome

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
happy
August 11, 2005, 6:59 pm CDT

stettler

Hi.  I'm from Stettler Alberta and new to this board.  I have made a recent commitment to lose weight.  I have lost 7 already and have 53 to go.  I love the healthy eating but I'm not so good about the exercise all the time.  I'd love a buddy, even if it's only on line.  Any extra support helps.  I do find it hard sometimes because of the kids.  I have a 2 year old and an 8 month old.  So I guess I do get some exercise running after them!!!  Anybody want a buddy let me know.

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
giddy
August 11, 2005, 7:21 pm CDT

hi

Hi.  I'm from Stettler ,Alberta.  I have a 2 year old girl and an 8 month old boy.  I have never went to work since I had them and don't plan to.  I love staying at home with my kids.  I was so happy to find this board.  We all need a little hep sometimes!

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
giddy
August 11, 2005, 7:27 pm CDT

love it

I have been a SAHM for 2 years and I love it.  I have a 2 year old girl and an 8 month old boy.  I couldn't imagine leaving them with other people all the time! 

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
worried
August 15, 2005, 6:20 pm CDT

help

We have a two year old who won't go on the potty either.  She has gone pee twice and poop once and she knows what she's supposed to do, but she won't do it either.  I'm looking for tips to.

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
happy
August 17, 2005, 10:45 pm CDT

new here

Hi all.  I'm new here and have just started losing weight(8 total).  52 to go.  I am getting a handle on the emotional eating but I still lack some control on the exercise part.  Sometimes it's hard when your running after a 2 year old and an 8 month old.  I try to go for walks when we can and they like that.  Hope everyone else is doing good. 

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
hopeful
August 18, 2005, 2:00 pm CDT

ty

Thanks for the tips.  I'm sure they will come in handy.  I am not forcing the issue of potty training but I do mention it to her from time to time.  I bought her a sticker book and stickers so when she does go she gets to put some stickers in her book.  I read her books about going potty to.  She loves to read.  Our schedule is rarely full and I'm a SAHM so when she is ready, I'll be here.

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
happy
August 21, 2005, 10:17 pm CDT

working as well

Quote From: lyanna96

Hi.    

Our 2 year old (girl) fought like cats and dogs about the potty.  For her it was a total control issue.  We stopped trying to convince her and just rewarded or punished her for going or not going.  

Now before you jump all over me about the word "punished", we are talking cold (very) wet wipes, here.  No beatings, yelling or anything.  We just made going in her diaper a very disagreeable experience.    

When she did go on the potty, we raised our arms up in the air and cheered like it was the tie breaker touchdown at the Superbowl.  The rewards were a choice of stickers or hershey kisses.  (She got 1 for peeing in the potty, and 2 for pooping in the potty- that took longer like the other kids on this board..)    

Now, our little girl is 100% potty trained... only for as long as she is 100% naked from the waist down.  

As soon as we put a pair of panties or anything on her behind, she thinks it is a diaper and ok to pee/poop in.  

Well....  we're working on it.  It's hard because we put her in a pull-up to go shopping or for naps, and it's confusing for her when we put panties on.  So she's picked out her own "pretty panties" that she doesn't want to get wet.  

That's as far as we are now.  A work in progress.  

On the plus side, she now changes her own diaper when wet or poopy (Heaven help us..!)  *laughs*  

-Lyanna96   

My two year old is going on the potty more but we're a long way from being there.  She thinks that pull ups are panties and doesn't like the feel of them wet as much.  She went potty 4 times in the past 2 days.  Much more than before and she asked to go.  I ask her periodically but don't force her.  When she goes in her pants then we talk about it and the potty while she's being changed.  I think she's doing OK since she just turned 2 in June.  She gets a reward of stickers and she gets to call Grandma, who usually brings her something.  But I think one of her favorite things is when everyone says that they/we are proud of her.  She asks if everyone's proud.  She also likes to sit on there alone usually with a book!!   

Cathy 

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
happy
August 21, 2005, 10:23 pm CDT

not sure

My kids are to young for schooling, but I'm not sure about the home schooling idea.  I do want to be home when they do come home from school though.  I figure it's the least I could do.  But we have a few years to worry about that yet.  Right now, I am just enjoying being home even though money is REALLY tight.  Most months we can't even pay all our bills.  But my hubby's looking for another job that pays better.  I still wouldn't have it any other way.  I didn't have kids so others could raise them.  We are responsible for our own kids, and not enough people take that responsibility seriously.   

Cathy 

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
blank
August 21, 2005, 10:46 pm CDT

A Circle of Friends with Loving Support

What is this challenge you were all talking about?  Can anyone do it?  What does it involve?  I posted a message on here awhile ago I think but can't remember when!   ROTFL Wakka WakkaKids help me loose track of time!!  But I'm trying to loose weight.  I like eating healthy for the most part, but I lack the exercise motivation.  I like to walk with the kids when I can, but if I can't then I usually don't get much done but taking care of them and house work!!  I'm working on it though.  Grace is 2 and Hunter is 8 months.  So I guess I get some exercise running after them!!lol Hello  

Cathy

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
hopeful
August 22, 2005, 2:13 pm CDT

join

Quote From: crazytxgal

You have been added..Welcome 

Hugs, 

Ladean 

Hi Ladean.  I read about the challenge now and want to join it.  My only problem is I don't own a scale.  Though I plan on buying one soon, it could be a couple weeks before I get one.  I'm going to try to borrow my mom's extra one until then.  I can let you know.  But please put my name down. 

Cathy 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board