Messages By: azlady

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
August 17, 2005, 3:24 pm CDT

I totally understand!

Quote From: aspiemom1

My son will be 11 yrs in another month.  He has Aspergers & ADHD.  I homeschool him so I am with him all of the time and my husband is often away from home so I seldom get a break.

Lately my son has been having less emotional control and more anxiety and it is frustrating me because I can't seem to help him with this.  He is crying over every "little" thing, has mood swings, easily frustrated, and his stuttering has become much worse.  His fears seem worse right now and I lose my patience after a while.

Can anyone relate to what I'm going through?

Deb

I have a 9 year old son whos been dealing with many health issues since he was born! He's always had a hard time in school but it just seems to be getting worse every day! I feel the same helplessness you do. All I want for him is to have a "normal" life! He is so emotional at school! He's not as bad at home! For whatever reason my husband isn't very understanding about anything our son is going through!! Try and take care of yourself and remember your not alone! Sherrie

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
worried
August 17, 2005, 6:54 pm CDT

Deb, I completely understand!

Quote From: aspiemom1

My son will be 11 yrs in another month.  He has Aspergers & ADHD.  I homeschool him so I am with him all of the time and my husband is often away from home so I seldom get a break.

Lately my son has been having less emotional control and more anxiety and it is frustrating me because I can't seem to help him with this.  He is crying over every "little" thing, has mood swings, easily frustrated, and his stuttering has become much worse.  His fears seem worse right now and I lose my patience after a while.

Can anyone relate to what I'm going through?

Deb

I have a 9 year old son who hasn't been diagnosed with anything other than emotional/angxity disorder, but the more I hear about this Aspergers , I think he might have that or something like it! Anyways as far as you losing your patience I totally get that!! As BAD as I feel for my son and what he has to go though every day, I find myself becoming overwhelemed, not knowing what to do!!? Today is the first day I even knew there where other kids like my Kristian! All I can say is , Hang in there! Take care of your self. Sherrie

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
August 17, 2005, 7:05 pm CDT

Just not knowing where to go to get help for my son!?

I have a 9 year old son who has problems since before he was here! He wasn't supposed to even be here! He has overcome pretty much everthing they "the doctors" said he wouldn't! Even though he's been sick throughout his little life, he's always fought to get better, and prove them wrong! But throughtout his school life he's had continuious problems! Emotional and a lot of angxitiy! He's not that bad at home but it's a differant story in the classroom! He's had all the iep, and the evaluations the school can do and we have no insurance and my husband makes to much money ($200.00) to much! to get any help from the state or the federal goverment! Any suggestions?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board