Message Boards

Messages By: hmeow29

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2005, 5:34 pm CDT

understanding

I understand the devastation that can happen from a disaster. My family lived and survived through a F5 tornado, which destroyed everything they owned. My mother and I were the only ones who could clean up after they removed the bodies. I pray everyday that these families will be able to get through the most trying time of their lives. It is very hard to understand how this could happen to so many people. My hope, prayer, and wish is that we as neighbors and a nation will remember to keep on helping months to years from now. This will take a long time to be over with, and it will seem endless, but I promise that it will get better. You may think that I'm crazy and don't know what I'm talking about, but I do. Please don't give up, and keep going. Show all these people who doubt that you will survive and prosperTHAT YOU WILL LIVE AND THRIVE AGAIN. God Bless and know that I along with many others are behind you in prayer.  

Mary

Alabaster Alabama 

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2005, 5:39 pm CDT

09/08 Hurricane Katrina

Quote From: carrie1948

I was reading on my group board today a story from a girl named Robin.    She about said it all.   The people who seem to be forgotten are those the Media choses to ignore.   They focus on those causing the problems, not those of strength and character.   So many are ignored, because the Media wants to focus on the ugly and sensational.  

Very true, and it makes me sick to think that the media can get away with this. I know freedom of speech and all, but there should be a limit or something. 

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
angry
September 25, 2005, 4:14 pm CDT

Very painful

Quote From: fyte4acure

As for your husband... I think that it is difficult for him to accept that a disease has taken control over you and he probably feels helpless in helping you out.  Significant others are very protective, and maybe he feels that he cannot help you and wishes he could help you be complete again, but doesn't know where to start.  This is just a tought.  Stress can be hard on him.  Truly this illness is hard for anyone to understand.  I don't understand it.  A friend of mine has CFS - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  She had this a few years prior to me coming down with fibromyalgia.  I could not understand her illness, but today I know exactly what she's going through.  I feel evil when I say this, but I'm going to say it anyway.  I pray that one thousand doctors get this illness.  Only then will they begin to realize how real the pain and other symptoms are, and maybe they would be more decent and understanding to their patients.  Sometimes people do not listen and need proof before they believe something.  They do have tests coming in the near future to prove fibromyalgia.  I just wish they'd find a cure though.  Please do write to your state representatives, and ask them for more funding for research on fibromyalgia.  Also, you may contact your state chapter of the arthritis foundation and share your story there, as well as have them send a letter for you in regards to the bill they are trying to pass regarding more funding for arthritis and fibromyalgia research. 

Yours truly, 

Kristie  

fyte4acure : ) 

I understand completely. I suffer from fibromyalgia too. I was diagnosed 8 years ago. I also have neurophy, from my type two diabetes. My pain management dr. put me on really strong Loratabs and muscle relaxers. They work wonderfully, I don't think I could get up everyday if not for them. I hate the fact that alot of medical doctors I've seen don't believe in fibromyalgia, they say if they can't see it that it's not real. I get really angry because it's like they don't believe that I'm in pain. I've got up and left the office in the middle of the conversation with them. I hope and pray that we can get some kind of handle on it. I pray that someone will come along and fix it.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
worried
April 8, 2006, 12:40 pm CDT

The scarest thing in the world

My worst fear is tornado's. Ever sinse my mother went through a F5 in 1998, I've been so afraid of storms. I saw the after math and knowing that the neighbors I grew up with died on my mothers front porch steps, and in a tree in the front yard. I just can't deal with storms. If I know we're going to have bad weather, I start to freak out and worry. It's gotten to the point I have to take nerve pills to make it through, and then it's through tears and prayers. Last night we had bad storms and I did'nt go to bed until 3 in the morning. I'll start twitching and rocking and crying. It's a terrible thing when a almost 35 year old women reduces herself to utter misery to make it through. If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with it, please let me know. 

Mary from Alabama 

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
worried
April 15, 2006, 5:07 pm CDT

Let's talk

I have three girls. Ages almost 12, 14, 15. I've always considered myself cautious, but alot say in strict. But I'm about to let my oldest date. I worry about this topic because, what if they cover it up or abuse their date also? My oldest does have a temper, and when she gets real upset she can really blow her top. So how do I know what's happening. I mean what other signs are there besides the obvious ones? Plus what if they hide it from us? I hope that this show explains a little more detail then what you can see, and to approach them with the right questions . I know he only has so little time to do his show. So if anyone out there can give some advice. I thank you very much.

Mary

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
April 17, 2006, 1:44 pm CDT

Let's talk

Quote From: lemondrop

Isn't 15 too young to start dating?

It is to young to date at 15. I was going to allow her to see boys only with a group of friends. I thought that would be a good start. Maybe I'm wrong. She is such a loner I thought if she started to date within a group of friends she would become more friendlier, and less grouchy. Like I said before she has major attuide, so I'm trying to get her to be a  happier person.

Mary

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
angry
May 4, 2007, 3:22 pm CDT

What's up Dr. Phil?

I'm a avid watcher of your show, and I was very upset about this show. And how you handled it.  Number 1. You claimed you were concerned about the children, it didn't sound that way. Number 2. You let the grandparents have almost all the say. Which most of what they said were not founded in any way. They were rude and obnoxious and I can't believe you let them talk that way to you or the mother.  They treated the mother as if she was thier child and kept correcting her as if she were 13. Really these grandparents should thank thier lucky stars that they have been able to visit thier grandaughter. If the grandparents do take this to court to get visitaton, maybe they should pay the child support that their son is suppose to be paying. Number 3. I feel like this mother is a grown woman and living on her own. She should be allowed to make her own choices. Even if she wants to be a lesbian. Number 4. In the clips you showed on the show today, that showed the children, they looked very well taken care of and happy. Maybe these grandparents are putting words in this childs mouth, which you know can happen. So Dr. Phil whats up with the way you handled this? That mother should Not have to go to counseling for the grandparents problems. She's not part of these peoples lives. Also it should show her validity of character for agreeing to the counseling . Thank you for allowing me, my thoughts on this subject.

Mary

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
hopeful
September 15, 2007, 6:39 pm CDT

It's about time!!!

I'm so glad somebody is finally talking about this subject. I was raised to eat with my mouth shut and not to talk with food in mouth. To keep my elbows off the table, and to clean my plate. Becaise there was hungry people in the world who didn't have what we have, and trust me it was much. I was also to respect my elders and not talk back to them at any time. If I did I got my mouth popped, or a whopping. Nowadays kids walk all over their parents and any other adult around. It's uncalled for and adults nowadays should be ashamed for allowing it to go on. I can't stand to go out to eat where there alot of kids around, it sounds like a bunch of pigs. Then to have to hear someone else phone conversation is a nightmare. I've been in a situation were I thought someone was talking to me and they were talking to this thing called a Blue Tooth. I've actually answered them and they turned around and looked at me like I was crazy. Now as far as what went on with the lady and her clothing, that's her business and they should have kept quiet. And as for the mother and her child that was told to get off the plane, she should sue them. Thanks Dr. Phil for bring this subject up.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board