Message Boards

Messages By: stystrong

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
worried
August 20, 2005, 8:24 pm CDT

Dealing with the Added Stress

I am 21 years old and have a 17 month old daughter; also, I am 5 months pregnant.  Those factors alone  are enough to have my nerves all frazzeled, but then add the stress of being a college student, having a job, being a rocky newlywed, and fighting with family because they don't approve of my husband.  My mother, father and four siblings do not want to even see my husband; he doesn't want to be around them either.  There have even been physical altercations.  Please somebody, help me.  I feel so trapped and that everything is spiraling horrible out of control. 

User Mood
Worried

Message Emote
hopeful
August 20, 2005, 8:42 pm CDT

looking for self

if you asked me about myself i would probable tell you that i am a mother, wife and student.  but if you wanted to know who i was as on an individual level, i couldn't tell you.  in high school i was an athlet and always somebodies girlfriend.  I think that was a kind of security blanket.  i never really had any close friendships that lasted past graduation.  in college i met someone, and became pregnant a month later, in my second semester.  i have never been able to just find myself.  any suggestions that may help me without interferring with my family. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board