Message Boards

Messages By: skye5000

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
confused
August 31, 2005, 10:11 am CDT

Severe Learning Disabilities!

Does anybody know if Dr. Phil has ever done a show pertaining only to children with severe LD and if he has how could I go about getting a copy of that show?  My 10 year old son has been diagnosed with LD, short term memory loss, low muscle tone etc. and is failing misarably in school.  He goes to a private school so has no IEP.  My biggest problem isn't with him failing in his classes but the fact that he is an overachiever in EVERYTHING he does but because of his diabilities his achievements are below average.  How can you keep a child like this motivated.  His muscle tone affects the sports he loves to play and tries SO hard at, his LD affect his school work which again he works So hard at sometimes spending 7-8 hours a night on homework and he has a hard time making friends and he has become a complete loner.  I don't want to see him just give up on everything...we have put him through tons of testing and I don't know where else to turn.  If this sounds like anything Dr. Phil has discussed please let me know.  Thanks a million

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board