User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 9:53 am CDT

being a good friend

a good friend is somebody who will laugh and cry with you,  

is there for you in good and bad times.  

somebody who you can call in the middle of the night to tell your problem.  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 11:31 am CDT

weight problems

I'am so sorry to hear that young girls has these problems, most of the girls are so nice to see, but "everybody" is talking about weight, and what is wrong on there body.  

Here in Holland many girls doesn't eat any more because they want to be "skinny"  

I think that dr Phil and other programs can learn these girls and woman how to manage with this problem.  

Here in every magazine they are talking about a new way to get a super weight, how to lose weight etc. and I think that, that is the problem...the girls only hear stories about how to lose weight and that has to stop  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 2, 2005, 12:53 pm CDT

I hate myself

Quote From: fuzzytiger

Everyday I hear it at least 5 times, my fiance say to me "hi sexy, your ok" I say I am fat and he gets upset with me.  He says that I am to hard on myself. Everyone has their own demon that they have to battle and I guess that mine is with my weight. We just have to think positive.
you must be very happy with a fiance like him, my husband always told me too that he loved me, I was overweight and that was never  a problem for him,

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
chillin'
September 2, 2005, 1:15 pm CDT

I hate myself

Wishing you all a nice day, I'am going to bed...I live in Holland overhere it is 22.15.  

see you soon!  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
September 3, 2005, 12:56 am CDT

working mom....problem.

Hi, I'am new on this messageboard but it is nice too see how  you manage a family as a working mom.  

Since 3 months I am working again, I started with a few hours a week but since last week I got a contract for 20 hours a week.  

I made a dayplanner for dinner, shopping etc, my husband and kids help out, and it works.  

My girls are 15 and 17 so that isn't a problem.  

I think dinner is important for a family so when  I have to work a last shift I prepare dinner and they only have to cook it.  

My only problem is to get a little bit time for myself.....so if anybody can help???...Thank you from Holland :-)  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 3, 2005, 6:27 am CDT

fibromialgia

For 14 years it began with pain in my arms, legs etc.  

My youngest daughter was 1 year old, I tought it had everything to do with the pregnancy, but a year later the pain was still there.......the doctor told me it was FM.  

3 years ago they gave me a wheelchair, my world was falling apart, I cryed  for days, my doctor send me into a rehacentre, and there I learned to handle the pain and saw the nice things in life again, made sports togehter, and now after these 2 years I dont use the wheelchair anymore....I learned to fight back...I work again, running everyday with my husband he has always support me in these difficult years,  I feel so good and I'am a happy woman again.  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 4, 2005, 4:38 am CDT

good parenting

Good parenthing...I'am not sure what that is, I think that you can see and say that after a couple of years when the kids are adults, and they are good adults with a good and healty background, and when the kids tel you : mum /dad you did it great with us, Thanks for that.  

We have two girls 15 and 17 years, the 15 year old girl is in a difficult age at the moment and I hope she will tell me that I was a good mother when she is an adult.  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
flirtatious
September 4, 2005, 6:49 am CDT

True love

O yes, I believe in true love, I'am married for 18 years now, and we still love eachother so much, we share everything, talk about everything, the good and bad feelings, that is a marriage and what is important too.....listen to what the other person has to tell.  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 6, 2005, 12:15 am CDT

FM

Quote From: profderien

it's wonderful how you fought the fibromyalgia, and won! 

how long did you stay in rehab and what sort of things did you do while there? 

take care! -- profderien 

Dear profderien,  

I was in rehab for 2 months, we worked in a group from 5 woman with fm.  

We learned to sport again,everyday again and differents sports untill we found something we liked and could do without pain, we talked about our problems and the pain but important we learned to say NO when we are in pain.  

important for our group was to accept the FM, we all said that we accepted it but when you are talking with others you see that accept an illness is very difficult.  

Take a  moment for yourself, everyday again, lay down on a bed and rest  with some nice musik...it works.  

We worked and learned from a book, after these 2 months I was an other person, I could laugh again, I wasn't afraid to sport again....I felt great.  

and still I feel good, must say I use some supplements and take a "diet" and it works.  

greetings from Holland,  

Karin  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 21, 2005, 2:36 am CDT

Hi Judy

Quote From: judypoody

Hey there, Holland Mum, from Scotland Mum.....  

You sound like you have things worked out pretty well... and the fact that your husband and kids help out is fantastic...  not everyone is as blessed with that help.  However, congratulations on getting back into the workplace and I hope the added hours are what you wanted.    

As for finding time for yourself...  perhaps if you sat and listed the sort of things you would like to do in your free time.... then you can start to work out how to obtain that precious time.  I find it hard at the moment to find the time - but I have made a start as I know what I would do with it if I had it!!!!  I want to do a bit of drawing, write letters to friends, go for walks (alone) and visit friends I have not visited for a good while.  I list the things I want to do and strive to tick them off my list as I do them, even if it takes me a hundred or so years to do them all.  Everytime I get one thing done, it keeps me going..... the list will never end as I keep adding things as they come up.  I suppose good time management is the key, and help from the family...... they have to understand it is important for you to have your alone time to get your head around life, etc!  Of course, I dont have the magic answer that will get you loads of time alone, but maybe someone out there has a better suggestion.  I hope you find what works for you...... let us know on this message board.  I think every mum in the world would love the answer to this one!!!!  Good luck friend!!!!  

Judy :-)  

Hi mummy from Scotland, 

I'am very glead with the help from my husband and kids, I know too that not everybody is blessed with that,  thank you very much for the congrats...I'am very glead that  I found a job because I did not work for a few years because I 'am ill , I have rheuma, so I was so glead that they gave me this change tot start again. 

I think that it was a good tip   from you to make a  list  with all the things I want to do, I started with that , important things to do at number one, etc etc. 

I think that will work, I need a bit time to work with a list but I think I will manage. 

I planned a saunaday one in a month, and that is great!!!! 

Thank you very much and  I let you know how it will work out, 

Take care from Holland, 

Karin 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board