Message Boards

Messages By: deja126

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
May 14, 2006, 8:24 pm CDT

VERY SAD FAMILY

I think there's a thin line between healthy disipline and what these parents did to their kids. I am 54yrs old  and when I was young I got a few normal spankings which kept me in line. Today though parents are fearful of spanking their kids because they may be charged with abuse and I find this fact very sad because even normal parents are losing control because the kids have somehow obtained all the power. I have personally been in a home where a child 15 yrs old with an attitude looked at her dad after she spoke to him very rude and then said " you can't hit me because I'll call child welfare" well he never hit her but he did pick her up off the chair she was in and threw her in the pool, cell phone and all. We thought it was a good way to show her she wasn't going to speak to her dad the  way she did. I;m not condoning beating your kids but hey... lets think back when we were kids and got spanked on the butt for doing something wrong.The parents in this show had allot more going on than bad parenting skills.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 27, 2006, 5:44 am CDT

08/28 Hurricane Katrina: One Year Later

There is a special 2 hr show tonite about Katrina on the Discovery Channel at 9 pm ET if anyone is intersested. This is Sunday the 27th of Aug.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
August 27, 2006, 6:11 am CDT

08/29 Hurricane Katrina: One Year Later, Part 2

I have watched so many shows about Katrina and all the people suffering, it makes me mad and sad. I'm mad at Bush because he promised so much and gave so little, I'm sad to see how these people are living when they don't have to live this way if the government would get off their asses and help. I was thinking if everyone who could afford to, pick 1 family and send them money once a month until they get back on their feet, even $100.00, I think it would help them buy things they need and take some of the stress off. I know alot of you reading this think I'm nuts for sugesting  we do this but if we don't then who will. I know I would love to recieve help if I was in their shoes. The kids need school supplies and clothes . I'm not even from the states but my heart breaks for all of them and I can afford to helpif I could figure out  away to reach them one on one. I don't want to sen money to Res Cross or Salvation Army because I want to know the money I send goes directly into the familys pocket for things they need.

If anyone has any input to add, please do I need some advice on how to do this.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
November 23, 2006, 9:59 am CST

TWINS AND HEROIN

I don't think some of you know what an intervention is. It doesn't matter if the twins are ready to quit or not, people that love them can see if something isn't done for them, they will die. Once they're in treatment the staff can get to the core of why they started using in the first place and work out from there. I am a recovering heroin addict so I have a pretty good understanding of what these girls are going through. Once they're detoxed and eating healthy, the work begins and it won't be fun, believe me. They are going to have a million and one reasons why they can't stop using. The biggest one is that it hurts too much to quit and look at yourself through a magnifiying glass. I pray they will get through this and live long healthy lives. They have to always remember they can never use again and they will always be addicts, recovering addicts. One day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time but they can if they have sponsors and lots of support around them. They will learn to pick up the phone before they pick up the drugs and ask for help.Good Luck and God Bless

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
November 23, 2006, 10:02 am CST

11/20 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention

Quote From: valerie321

Dr.phil I missed this show but still have some comments on the matter.  I am unsure of how the mother of these girls would let it get to this point.  Divorce or no divorce.  As a mother you are supposed to make sure that you children are safe from danger and should have interviened a long time ago.  Sure the mother is only one person but and there are police to help prtect people from temselves.   

The power of love is alot stronger than any drug that you can take.  I have only noticed that since I gave birth to my son that is now 11 1/2 months old.  I have not touched drugs for six years and have not had a drink in 2 years and that does not bother me at all.  Maybe the young woman will realize all of this when she sees her baby for the first time and that brings tears to her eyes. 

Love will not overpower drugs, if you want to use, you will. You won't stop until you are ready or you have an intervention like the twins did

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
chillin'
November 27, 2006, 5:05 pm CST

HELLO SARAH

Sarah I've been where you are and I know it hurts. I was in detox mode for a month before I even thought of going outside, BUT when I finally did what a joy. I knew right then and there drugs were in my past. I honestly felt a high I had never felt before, life and living were enough for me. I have watched you struggle and I think what the staff wants from you is for you to show with words that you want and need help. I wish I could have had Dr. Phil in my corner when I cleaned up, please don't screw this up for yourself, you are so worth saving and I can see from your sister's weight gain that you too will be a very pretty girl after this is over. I have used a 12 step method and if you work it, it will work for you. Whenever you feel like giving up, reach out to those around you for help. One day at a time is all you need to think about and believe me, it will get easier with time. I'll be so happy to hear the words, I'm a recovering addict come out of your mouth and I know Sarah you can do this. I'm praying for you, don't let the grim reaper win.

Stay strong Girl,

Hannah

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
sad
November 27, 2006, 7:25 pm CST

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: emmtee35

You may be a recovering drug addict but you obviously weren't addicted to heroin because then you'd have a shred of sympathy and not be so self-righteous and quick to judge her! SHE IS IN WITHDRAWAL! When I was in heroin detox I pukedf for three weeks, they had to tie me to a hospital bed for the first 3 days because of the convulsions, I thought my mind was going to explode, I had to crawl to and from the bathtub or the toilet, I was in so much pain even my hair hurt! So I guess you may want to revisit your 12 traditions and read up on the ones that state the newcomer is the most important person at a meeting, that your primary purpose is to carry the message to the STILL SUFFERING ADDICT, not to get all high and mighty because maybe you have accumulated 10 years, but as a recovering addict you really ONLY HAVE TODAY, and Sara had TODAY clean as well so you are not better than her.

We all suffer when we're detoxing. I was addicted to heroin, morphin, dilodid, percodan, percocet, and vallum, let me just say I wasn't a very happy camper. I never puked but I could hardly get out of bed for a month and I slept maybe 30- 60 minutes a night. I have been clean since Sept 1st of 99 and a member of N.A. since Aug of 2001 so I know all the slogans you are using but don't forget one important thing... empathy. Try not to disagree with others by being disagreeable. This person you are referring to maybe didn't detox from heroin but can you at least dig deep enough down inside yourself to see the person had his/her own challenges to ger over so try and be understanding to that. I'm so happy to see you are clean today. Have you started your 12 steps yet ? The traditions and the steps are for all of us. You will learn to be understanding of others and not critical of them as you go through the steps. If you already have done them and you still have this much anger inside you ,then maybe talk to your sponsor.

God Bless You,

Hannah

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
angry
September 8, 2007, 5:15 pm CDT

NARSISTIC DRIVERS

I think cell phones should be banned in Canada as well as the U.S. There are enough distractions while driving as it is,we shouldn't add texting or talking on a phone to the mix. These young people who think it's cool to text while driving should stop a minute and think about how they would feel if they hit an innocent person and killed them or killed themselves. How do you think your family would feel living the rest of their lives without their precious child. There can't be ANYTHING so important that you have to put everyone else on the road at risk  to send or answer a message on your cell. In case of an emergency, PULL OVER TO A SAFE PLACE AND MAKE YOUR CALL.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
September 11, 2007, 4:28 pm CDT

HOW SAD....

I think Karla?(the blonde) needs rehab for her addictions. I don't think Dr. Phil can help her or her husband until she has gotten help because nothing he says will sink in and she will go home and continue her destructive behaviour until she hits her bottom. I feel her husband needs anger management but I think he married the wrong woman. I watched her defend herself as to why she drinks and I thought "wow, you are an alcoholic and a drug addict" If Dr Phil can help this couple with all the addictions, I will be really suprised. Dr. Phil I hope you advice her to seek medical attention for her addictions. As for the other two couples I don't know but I sure wouldn't stay in a marriage where I was treated like crap. I think the men and women chose these spouses because they were used to living this way all they're lives and they were drawn to one another because drama is all they know. I think these behaviours were instilled at a young age and this is the end result, a train wreck.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
confused
October 2, 2007, 5:20 pm CDT

10/02 The Dr. Phil House: Man Camp Newlyweds, Part 3

I can't believe these couples are married to each other. What the hell went on before they decided to tie the knot (noose) in their cases? If they are fighting this bad after such a short period, what did they see in each other? I lived with a man like Jack for 22 years until I finally said "enough of this crap" and packed up and left. We never had kids together,. thank God but it still took me 22 years to finally realize I was worth better and he needed help. I left on Aug 6th of 2000 and moved 400 miles away so I could clear my head and body of all the toxic waste he had covered me with from all his abuse. I moved back to my home town Feb 5th of 2001 and Aug 16th of that year I met the man of my dreams. He treats me like a queen and I treat him like a king, we love one another and when we have a problem, we sit down and discuss it like two adults and then we carry on.  I don't think any of these couples are ready for marriage because they all have too much baggage  from their pasts that they are using to hurt one another. I think they all need intensive counselling for a long time before they will make another person happy. They are all so one sided, me me me . Danielle, you have to get away from Jack before he destroys you, I've been there and I know what you're going through. The pain on your face is so obvious. Please don't be like me and waste 22 years of your life with some-one like him. You deserve the best, so do some soul searching and decide if you want to be controlled forever or be IN controll forever of your life.

Good Luck Girl.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board