Message Boards

Messages By: cingular

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
happy
September 25, 2005, 8:47 pm CDT

these drugs kill!!!!

Tom Cruise has nothing to do with the fact that we are over medicating here in America, Its a shame that People can not take their personal feelings for Tom Cruise or his film ratings or most of all his religious or personal beliefs and set that aside and focus on the topic of this subject, THE FACTS, the topic is OVERMEDICATING!!! 36 million people or more are on drugs, people have been lied to, there has been a huge cover up by the pharmaceutical companies, they knew that these drugs cause death and many many other problems and they hid the truth, the FDA hid the truth, right now most of these pharmaceutical companies are paying people off left and right, this is not a matter of who should or should not take antidepressants but should the people taking them at least know the truth about the clinical trials, it is not a small percentage of people who have horrible effects from these drugs, its more then we thought, these drugs are very very dangerous and i thank people like TOM CRUISE who went out and took a risk that people would not really like what he said, but he stood up and spoke the TRUTH, not his opinion, we need more people to stand firm in the FACTS. not opinions. I am not a Scientoligist, this is not a religious issue, I am a victim and I deserved to know the truth. I am alive and I plan on telling as many people I can how dangerous these drugs are.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 26, 2005, 2:23 pm CDT

the head of the APA said there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance!!!

APA CHOKES ON ITS OWN "CHEMICAL IMBALANCE"

On CBS 2 on July 10, Dr. Mark Graff, Chair of the Committee of Public Affairs for the American Psychiatric Association (APA), was asked why the APA's president did a 180 degree turn on the existence of a "chemical imbalance" stating that, actually, there are no tests to substantiate this.  

Dr. Graff was even more inarticulate and blunt, stating: “Chemical imbalance…it’s a shorthand term really, it’s probably drug industry derived...We don’t have tests because to do it, you’d probably have to take a chunk of brain out of someone – not a good idea” but “I agree. There aren’t any blood tests” to determine any mental disorder.

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 26, 2005, 2:28 pm CDT

parents ask for FDA to send warnings

PARENTS ASK FDA TO SEND WARNING TO STOP “MISLEADING ADVERTISING” FOR “ADHD” STIMULANTS  

When the FDA recently issued warnings that stimulant drugs could cause violence, aggression and suicide, angry voices were raised. Too many parents are being told that their children’s depression or hyperactivity is because of a “chemical imbalance” or neurobiological disorder and that psychiatric “medication” is correcting it. Psychiatrists lie. There isn’t any proof. Yet based on this, millions of dollars is spent on advertising, PR news wires or on funding psychiatric front groups that forward this misinformation. The FDA has the power to stop misleading advertising.  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 1:34 pm CDT

lets get past tom cruise and his opinion!!!!

the topic is not do we or do we not like tom cruise... the topic is these drugs and the bottom line is, Tom Cruise only spoke the truth!!!  these drugs are very very dangerous,  people put way to must trust in their Doctors and WHY ARE WE TREATING HORMONAL IMBALANCE WITH MIND ALTERING DRUGS!!!!!    SHOULDNT WE TREAT IT WITH HORMONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 1:47 pm CDT

TO MOMOFADAM

I just wanted to tell you, you did a brave thing on the show,  you are only 1 of millions of mothers who belived the LIES that the dr.s told you, It really bothers me that people say,  "o they are just trying to take the easy way out"  that just drives me crazy,  because it sure did not look like you were trying to toak the easy way out..... you were looking for answers.... we (you and I) used to think that we should trust our doctors, they have all the answers,   I (Like you) learned that the doctors are really nothing more then drug pushers,  there are some good doctors out there, I think dr. lawless is great, one of the good guys,  my heart just broke for you and i really could feel your pain,  can I ask you a personal question?   do you take medication?     

you looked like a great loving mom who wants whats best for her son!!!!!    

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 1:55 pm CDT

if your son is acting like that ON the meds then

Quote From: ummjesse

My son has been diagnosed high-functioning autism, aspergers,adhd, bi-polar, etc etc. I do believe he is truly in deep water and doesnt know how to help himself and neither do any of the adults around him. He takes thorazine, abilify, depakote, remeron, trazodone. The thorazine, abilify, and depakote are supposed (and have helped some) stop his rages but he is still beyond hyper, he babbles incessantly about being a pirate, being a scientist to being the devil. What am I to do?
the meds are not working so get him off of the!!!   he could be acting like that because of the meds!!      best wishes, but i would never give them to my child,   depakote is some powerful stuff and remeron!!!!!    thats crazy....        

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 3:36 pm CDT

you can test how much insulin you need WHERE IS THE TEST FOR YOU BRAIN!!!

Quote From: merrietoo

It's ridiculous that people don't comprehend that the brain is JUST A HUNK OF MEAT like your liver or your heart.     It gets illnesses.  It has chemical problems - just like any other organ.  Yet if your brain is sick and you take drugs for it, people FREAK OUT.

I found it extremely disturbing that all the stars speaking out against meds for mental ailments (and who are they to talk about matters medical anyway?)  are known Scientologists.   I don't think any star's opinions should be considered important in these situations, and most importantly if they belong to a cult that happens to actively campaign against psychiatry.

Do you suppose maybe because some shrinks examined L. Ron Hubbard and pronounced him to be the nutcase he was?

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 3:42 pm CDT

??

Quote From: momofadam

First of all, thank you very much for your comments. I really appreciate them. Yes, I have taken Zoloft. I have been on and off for about 6 years (After feeling depressed over the issues with my then new baby boy). After this experience with Adam I have to say that I am no longer. I have incorporated the same alternatives they have prescribed for him for myself. We make a game out of some of the treatments, like a special club for just him and I. We eat differently, no more caffeine, sugars, dyes, etc., we do breathing exercises and take walks together everyday. I feel I would be a hypocrite to encourage these new methods for him while I am still taking a pill. None-the-less, it's working great thus far. It has also strengthened our bond and gives us time together that is just ours. I know we have a long road ahead of us, however I am committed to doing whatever it takes to help us as a family. This is not just Adam's problem, it is a family problem. 

is there a way i can email you privatly,   there are something i would like to share with you....     

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 4:01 pm CDT

again this is about overmedicating

i said this before,  this is not a topic of who should or should not be taking medication,   I dont belive for one second that the parents on this loop are trying to  make zombies out of their children,  most of these parents are looking for answers as the lady on the show today,   it really bothers me when people attack those people who are trying to HELP their children,  dont get me wrong, I dont belive for one second that any child should be medicated,  But thats just me..... there is a truth to these drugs that most people dont even know about,  I know because I lived it.....   but that does not mean that every one else knows...   once people get educated and i mean truly educated(not by their doctors) most people change their minds on treatment...      as the lady on the show has done....   she is off her medication and so is her son,  they have hope today, when they did the show they had no hope at all.....  

User Mood
Cheerful

Message Emote
blank
September 28, 2005, 4:20 pm CDT

to take meds or to not take meds, you have a right to know the truth

this has nothing to do with personal opinions of Tom Cruise or his religious belief,  The fact is, if you are taking these medications you have a right to know what the true side effects are,  ITS YOUR RIGHT,  I think the anger comes from the LIES from the FDA and the makers of the drugs,  they hid all kinds of information from people,    also, if these drugs were working so well then mental hospitals would be clearing out, instead they are at a all full,  there is a waiting list to get into them,  they cant build them fast enough,   

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board