Message Boards

Messages By: ready_able

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 6:44 am CDT

older and wiser

I am looking for others in the same boat who want to be fit and lean but have age concerns.  Are there any young at heart and mind who would like to join me on a journey to tighten up and lose the  fat despite the obstacle of age?  Join an 80 year old with a 40 year old mind.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
July 23, 2005, 7:07 am CDT

Exercise for the Older / young at heart

I am hopeful some other seniors with a similar desire will join me in seeking good exercise routines and motivation for the young at heart.  We do have limitations and safety must be a priority, but let us share information and ideas about fitness for US. Perhaps Dr. Phil will guide us to a suitable destination when we look eagarly at his boot camp results without hope of participating.

ready_able

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
July 23, 2005, 8:25 am CDT

older and wiser

older and wiser I am looking for others in the same boat who want to be fit and lean but have age concerns.  Are there any young at heart and mind who would like to join me on a journey to tighten up and lose the  fat despite the obstacle of age?  Join an 80 year old with a 40 year old mind.

I do like and need to have protein in my diet plus fruit but am concerned that the grain carbs cause me to gain and I realize the need for the B vitamins and minerals that I may be missing. 

Would like to welcome all older folks with similar concerns to share information with me.

ready_able

P. S.  Dr. Phil, you are very welcome too although I realize you may not understand the concerns and needs of an 80 year old.  :)

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
July 25, 2005, 1:59 pm CDT

Room for one more?

Quote From: ginnyjane

Again--welcome home! We have been e-mailing each other while the site was down. Hope your holiday was really great. I think I like the new format but I'm not sure. Jane and Lois must not have found it yet. JOY, I will try to start the book today.(It's 5AM--I don't sleep well). I kept telling my cousin to read--read--read so I guess I'd better practice what I preach!! Going to try to sleep again. God Bless Ginnyjane

Hi There,

Room for one more?  I am completely lost on this board and may never find my way back here again but I would like to.

I am 80, young at heart and mind and still trying to get the bod to match the spirit.  I am looking forward to find out how you all manage this weight loss thing.  Have the book - pass on the boot camp but need to work out.  What are you gals doing?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 7:22 pm CDT

I'm back

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Hey, Welcome to the board. I think you have come to the right place. All the ladies here are nice ones. :) Start reading Dr. Phils book. That is very important. And exercise is also very important.

I am so glad the boards are back. It really helps to be accountable. I have to start reading the book again--I promised> LOL I will have to admit I haven't been doing to well on the food lately, I think I need to clean out the junk. My daughter and granddaughter started on a diet this week, so that will be helpful for me to. AGAIN WELCOME. Dolores

Found you again and will give you a little information.

First, I will find my Dr. Phil Book and begin reading.

Next, my exercise for upper body will be limited for the time being but not for long.  I will get a pacemaker on Friday - day surgery, and start reading.  Walking and Pilates on the Ball should also be on my menu next week.

For the rest of this week I am run ragged getting my den in order and everything caught up to take a few easy days after the surgery.

Will check in tomorrow to see what you have in mind.  I would like to lose 25 pounds, how about the rest of you.

AJ

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 7:23 pm CDT

I'm back

Hey, Welcome to the board. I think you have come to the right place. All the ladies here are nice ones. :) Start reading Dr. Phils book. That is very important. And exercise is also very important.

I am so glad the boards are back. It really helps to be accountable. I have to start reading the book again--I promised> LOL I will have to admit I haven't been doing to well on the food lately, I think I need to clean out the junk. My daughter and granddaughter started on a diet this week, so that will be helpful for me to. AGAIN WELCOME. Dolores

Found you again and will give you a little information.

First, I will find my Dr. Phil Book and begin reading.

Next, my exercise for upper body will be limited for the time being but not for long.  I will get a pacemaker on Friday - day surgery, and start reading.  Walking and Pilates on the Ball should also be on my menu next week.

For the rest of this week I am run ragged getting my den in order and everything caught up to take a few easy days after the surgery.

Will check in tomorrow to see what you have in mind.  I would like to lose 25 pounds, how about the rest of you.

AJ

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
happy
July 27, 2005, 1:09 pm CDT

Thank you all

Quote From: ulnamn

Just want to say I wish you well with your surgery.  I'm sure you'll have to take it a little easy for a few days.  Always so much to do trying to get ready for surgery when we know it's coming up.  Emergency surgeries we just get through without all the preparation so what you don't get done will be there for later.  Will keep our eyes open for your posting.  Joy

Thanks Joy,

I am anxious to get going and reclaim fitness and get rid of some weight.  What have you all been doing and how is the weight loss going.  I am excited to be here and tired of hearing, "you don't want to lose weight at your age".  What exercises do you do? and how is the diet working?  Have not started it yet and am ready for any suggestions - do they have suggested menus?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 1:13 pm CDT

Delores

How is everyone doing today?  I finally started the book yesterday afternoon.  I haven't finished the first chapter yet.  I hope Jane and Lois make it back.  We need more people on here to help us out. :)  I understand junk and snacks.  yep, I still have the peanut butter to.  :)  One of my favorites, and I love almond butter to.  It is on the Dr. phil food list tho. (the reduced fat kind)

ABLE READY--Hope your surgery goes well.  I had surgery in April and haven't exercised since then, but my intentions is to start on August First.  I do really miss it and feel much better and more limber when I do.  Well guess I better get off here and read "THE BOOK" FOR A WHILE.  Dolores

Hi Delores,

Glad to have met you all and hope we can shed some pounds together.  My surgery will not set me back and I will begin Monday.  I want to keep up with you gals so can you give me an outline of how you all work together to do and report what works?

aj

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 1:18 pm CDT

Hi Joy

Just want to say I wish you well with your surgery.  I'm sure you'll have to take it a little easy for a few days.  Always so much to do trying to get ready for surgery when we know it's coming up.  Emergency surgeries we just get through without all the preparation so what you don't get done will be there for later.  Will keep our eyes open for your posting.  Joy

You are such a great group.  Monday I will be raring to go (on the computer) not quite running laps.  What do you all do?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
July 27, 2005, 1:18 pm CDT

Hi Joy

You are such a great group.  Monday I will be raring to go (on the computer) not quite running laps.  What do you all do?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board