Message Boards

Messages By: mothermoon

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
angry
October 3, 2005, 5:36 am CDT

Mortified

I could not believe the things I heard this woman say to her children. What made me even more angry was that her husband sat there not saying a word. Not during the show unless spoken to, or to his wife while degrading her children and treating the like (expletive).  

Those children need to be removed from the home immediatly. That woman has no right to treat her children that way. I have seen people lose their children to Children services for much less things, and am appauled that no one has stepped into help these kids. 

These kids need to be taken away from the home and put into a loving environment and councelled. I fear for their future as adults, and most importantly when they become parents themselves.  

In my opinion this mother is beyond help. People like that do not change. She knows it wrong of her to do this to her kids, she was abused as well.  The damage has been done. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 3, 2005, 5:52 am CDT

shocked

I am new to these boards. When i watched Dr.Phils shows last week I knew I had to get on here. This show in particular really shead chills up my spine. I had done some stupid things as a teenager but nothing like this ever crossed any of our minds. I had no idea that people would think this be fun.  I know teens do experiment and what not ..but allowing someone to choke you till you pass out...I have no words.  

Do people not know that tis can kill you?  Do people not know that if you choke someone and they die you  go to jail for murder?  

This whole show shocked me to no end, I am still feeling uneasy about it. I have children and if kids are doing this now what will they be doing when my kids are older.  

The thing that caught me off guard during the show was the mother of the girl on stage had said in a previous taped interview that she was worried that if her daughter could be talked into doing this then she would be easily persuaded into using drugs. Did I just hear that??????...As if drugs were worse.  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
frustrated
October 3, 2005, 6:05 am CDT

where to start

What in the world is worng with people.... 

Why are people so offended by a woman feeding her child? Are breastfeeding mamas to remain locked away indoors until they are no longer breast feeding their child..Why are these mothers to be punished for giving their child the best nourishment ever to be produced... 

Close your eyes ..dont look...get over it move on...leave Breastfeeding mamas alone....Why are you looking at her anyways. Or do you have some sort of sick fascination as to how you were nourished as a baby. How would you like it if your mother chose to give you the best and people asked her to removed herself from the premesis cause she was offending people because you were hungry.   

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 3, 2005, 6:14 am CDT

10/07 The Latest Debates

Quote From: missjane2

I breastfed one of my 4 kids for 12 months.  The others I didn't.  I really don't remember breastfeeding in public.  Although it doesn't bother me to see a mom breastfeed her baby WITHOUT TEETH in public.  What would be an interesting subject is talking to mom's who breastfeed their older children.....??????  Kindergarden?  And that's not funny, but they have that Le Leche Club thing and some woman either culturally or for whatever reason go beyond what is necessarily.  At least in my opinion.  Anyone else ever hear of this?

Yes I have and have lots of friends that attend these meetings.... 

Why is this offensive to you?. Is this act haulting your life somehow? Does the fact that a woman chosing to BF her child beyond the age of 1 somehow harm your life in any way.? I think that people these days need to be more open minded. Did you realize that this act does still occur in places other then the US. Certain tribes in Africa practice this method. Its called child lead weaning.  

What is it to you really that these men and women choose to live a natural lifestyle and not abstain to how you view how things should be done.  

And for the record, NO i do not still BF my children, I choose not to.  

In the future do not be so judgemental of others and maybe  you will reflect something good onto your children about how to treat people and stop the predjudceness. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 3, 2005, 5:51 pm CDT

10/07 The Latest Debates

Quote From: missjane2

QUESTION?  What age do you think a mother should stop breastfeeding her child?  17 months is still reasonably young.  Did you breast feed your kindergardener?  (Did you read carefully my post and my comment?

I do not think that a mother should stop breastfeeding her child until the child is ready to stop. Yes I did read your post and you are being judgemental of people and the way they live and parent their child. It is not for you or anyone to say when a woman should stop BF her child..what just because a doctor says so ...Please .. 

It is unfortunate for me that I could not BF due to a medical condition beyond my control, but to answer anyways , Yes I absolutly would continue to BF my kindergardener if the case should be.  Yes I agree there is a certain time when ya just gotta say whoa... but Ill be danged if someone is going to tell me when that time shall be.  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 9:54 am CDT

10/07 The Latest Debates

Quote From: animalcat

I do not have a problem with bottle feeding. Its the breastfeeding part. In response to your question about finding a place where a woman can have privacy, the answer is yes. In my opinion, its none of anyone's business when a mother is feeding her child, such as breastfeeding.

What is your problem with BF?....I would think that as a mother you would at least respect women who do choose to BF their children, and stand up for their rights to BF where ever and when ever needed.  I respect your choice to Formula feed ..why must you be so judgemental of other mothers ..how is this offending you that they BF. What concern is it to you.. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 10:02 am CDT

hel;l\

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 10:06 am CDT

whoops!!

Quote From: mothermoon

dunno what happened my computer went screwy ..... 

anyhow.....Hello I am new to the boards here and I have bipolar disorder and just found this topic here. 

Wanted to say hello and get in on the convo here.  EVer hear of bipolar 2 ..well thats me..On something sI cannot relate to many biploar sufferers. I do not have major swings and I rapid cycle so I am everywhere. If you never heard of it . it is just a milder form of bipolar. I do not get real manic or deeply depressed. I can be depreesed one minute and then few monutes later I can be ok then not...Its crazy and exhausting.  

I do not want to take meds howevere I do at this time. I was on a few meds 3 yrs ago but stopped to have a baby   and I never really took them all back up or am at my usual dosages.  

well enough blah blah......looking forward to chatting here. 

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 12:59 pm CDT

Bipolar Disorder

Quote From: faith__

There are several people on this board that have the diagnosis of bipolar 2; so you came to the right place.  I have the diagnosis of bipolar 2 but I also struggle with deep bouts of depression.  The bipolar spectrum is so vast.    I have read that bipolar 2 is more difficult to treat than bipolar I and rapid cycling is also more difficult.  You are very fortunate to be able to maintain stability without medication.

Thanks.. 

I am currently on meds ,but not at my regulated dose. I do not like the med I am on and waiting to change docs to change my meds. My current doc will not change me.  

It is a struggle day to day to "stay sane". I am agoraphobic as well so being in my own element has helped. I do go out maybe once a week , and I take walks with my baby around the block but really that is all.  

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 1:09 pm CDT

Where Should Your Child Sleep?

Quote From: jaimie23

Someone please help me I am soooooooooo physically exhausted its not even funny!!! My daughter is almost 9 months old and a little before she turned 8 months old she was hospitalized for croupe. Every since she wakes up every 2 hours in the night. Where before she was sleeping through the night! I dont know what to do. I try to give her a bottle and all she eats is an ounce and falls asleep and it seems like i just get back to sleep and shes already waking up again. I cant let her cry it out because I live in an apartment and I dont want my neighbors to think Im neglecting my child because thats not the case at all! Ive tried bath time before bedtime and even those "soothing lotions" I am all out of solutions! Someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I am not sure of how your belief system is ,,But have you considered co-sleeping. Your baby may need your comfort during the evening hours, not all babies like to be alone.

YOu do not nesseccarily need the child in your bed , they have cosleepers now that attach to your bed. Or you could continue using a bassinet right up against your bed. 

If you do not have any of those or cannot afford to buy one, then you can make a border on the bed with small blankets like recieveing blankets to form a boundary between you and the child in the bed so you each have your own space. 

This may be something you might like to try for a while till your child feels more comfortable at night then slowly transition her to her crib. There is no need for a child to cry it out when you are there to comfort her, she will settle better.  You weill get sleep and your child will feel your presence and feel that comfort that she so desparately is looking for. 

If you do not want to do this then she may also have a gas problem. My 1 yr old recently started to wake up screaming after being asleep for an hr. daddy would bounce her in his knee gently of corse and she start farting away lol...then went on to sleep soundly through the night.. 

good luck...remember there is always a solution with out losing your mind and sleep. You just need to find what is going to work for your whole family. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board