Messages By: ellenh777

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
October 3, 2005, 5:03 am CDT

Best of everything for you

Quote From: lostgirl

I was diagnosed this year by a Psychiatrist in May with 5 mental illness after being in the emergency room several times. I could not figure out why I had all this rage inside of me, and all this turmoil where my emotions was up and down all the time. I even went to counseling the first person she helped me a lot she told me that I still had a lot of anger and rage inside of me. She moved away and I found a new counselor couple years later. I was with him four 4 years, he said I made a lot of changes but I felt I never did. I still felt crappy inside with all these emotions going up and down inside of me. After 7 years of counseling, I felt it was a waste of time. Like I said before I was diagnosed with all these illnesses he kept on telling me he does not believe I had some of these illnesses. I paid this man thousands of dollars and told him Phil how I was feeling and I felt I was not ready to leave therapy yet. This was not fair to me that he never sent me to a Psychiatrist and now I'm angry about it this is hog wash. 

Now I suffer from bipolar1, borderline personality disorder, reactive attachment disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and PSTD. I wonder why I can't work went through 50 jobs in 15 years, with these disorders it's hard to hold a job and have relationships with other people in my life. It's been hard to trust others, from the abuse I went through as I was growing up. Now I have a new counselor she is not charging me to help me. Phil I feel a lot of pain inside and still have this rage inside and suicidal inside I can't take this pain anymore.  

Dearest Little One,  My heart goes out to you.  I have a very good friend who has OCD, so I can just imagine your plight.  My first question is, Is your current counselor licensed?  Also have you contacted any of the OCD organizations.  I know he got a lot of very good information from the OCD Foundation newsletter.  I too was diagnosed with PTSD at one time because of childhood abuse.  I found the best therapy is called EMDR.  If you put those letters into any search engine, you'll get the complete explanation. The original organization is in California, Pacific Something, I think.  I recommend this therapy to all my counseling clients.  Hope this info is helpful.  Also if you like reading, there's a lot of info about each of your diagnoses available at the local library.  Being informed helps you better inform your counselors, psychiatrists, etc.  Eliana Gil is a good author, also for OCD. Rapoport, Judith, I think.  Just give yourself lots of time. Getting sick and angry took years, so it'll take some time to start getting well.  I'm really curious about how you got so many diagnoses.  Different counselors or ?????    Lots of hope and concern, Patti

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
October 3, 2005, 5:09 am CDT

We need a little more info

Quote From: serene

Hello, please someone give me some advice. I am not doing real well. My head won't stop and I need a drink. I am a mess. My husband is at work and I need to know something 

Dearest Lost,  It sounds like maybe you could start by calling AA; they're in your local phone book.  If you really want help, the drink will just make things worse.  What's in your head?  What makes you think you have OCD, and what do you do or have you done to say you're a mess?  It's not that I question your statements, but you haven't given enough information to be able to really help you.  Till we hear more from you,  Take care, Patti

User Mood
Mellow

Message Emote
hopeful
October 3, 2005, 5:18 am CDT

Hope this helps a little

Quote From: serene

I am 24 years old, and I don't know what is wrong with me. I have seen therapists, psychologists, psychiatrist, and medical doctors. I have been diagnosed with BiPolar, Manic depression, and depression. My husband seems to think that I am OCD. I am not real sure. I don't have a problem with touching things, but I am weird about cleaning. I also take things to extreme. Like If I like something I do it to the extreme. I have done this with Alcohol, cleaning, knitting, reading, you name I take it too far. Is this a sign of OCD? I don't know, but I know that on the inside I feel like I am on an emotional roller coaster. Does anyone have anything they can share. Thanks 

Have you been able to see a licensed professional psychotherapist who SPECIALIZES in OCD or BiPolar.  That's the person who could best define your diagnose, because someone who is manic DOES take things to extremes. How long have you stayed in regular therapy with one practicioner? Has any of them put you on meds? It's possible that some meds would help Bipolar, but not OCD, and vice versa (this is an educated guess, but your psychiatrist or psychologist could confirm or deny).  Hope I've  been some help, Patti

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board