User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
chillin'
October 3, 2005, 6:23 am CDT

I am at Cherry Point

Quote From: kathamann

I am located in Camp Lejeune NC.
    My name is Melody. I am a 28 year old stay at home mother of four girls. I am looking to make new friends with the same interest and concerns as I. Hope to hear from someone soon.  Mel

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
chillin'
October 3, 2005, 6:34 am CDT

Is it too late to join this group?

I am a 28 year old stay at home mother of four girls. Their ages are 7,4,3, and 1. I feel that for the past years all I have done is be pregnant and have children. My body is all out of whack. I am so dissapointed with myself. I am just not happy with the way I am and I ready to do something about it. I think group is a very great thing and can really help, because you have people and friends who depend on you. Will someone let me know what I need to do?  Mel

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 3, 2005, 12:54 pm CDT

Yes , Mel is short for Melody.

Quote From: danamikayl

Is that short for Melody? We have a Melody on this board. My hat is off to you with 4 children. I have 2 girls ages 11 and 4 and it's very busy.  

So welcome to the board. We are awesome if I do say so myself,lol. We weigh in each Mon. and who ever loses the most weight gets the crown for the week,lol. George is a hog with the crown, but he does deserve it,lol. I believe Kathy is the winner this week and that's great, she needed a victory to get her started.  

We highlight each day we do ie on the calendar. At the end of the month, I'll ask everyone how many squares are highlighted. We mark a blue dot on the square if we cheat.  

Just join right in and have some fun. This is the most fun I've ever had losing weight. It's so supportive here. We don't mention specific junkfoods. You can just say, "I cheated today". No need for the gory details,lol.  

So if you have anymore questions, ask away! I'll be back later this afternoon. 

Sherri 

I seen that there was another Melody in the group, so I shotened it up a bit.  

Well, I am extremely excited about getting started.  

Few questions. Do I just post my weight the first time then tell how many lbs I have lost from then on? 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 3, 2005, 1:00 pm CDT

Wasn't through.

Quote From: missmama4

I seen that there was another Melody in the group, so I shotened it up a bit.  

Well, I am extremely excited about getting started.  

Few questions. Do I just post my weight the first time then tell how many lbs I have lost from then on? 

I accidentely hit the button before I was finished.   

Next question is, "What is the diet that we are on?"   

Thanks, let me know.  Mel 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
October 22, 2005, 8:57 am CDT

Needing to vent!

I don't even know if what i am going through is depression or not, all I know is that i don't know what to do about the way I have been feeling. I am either crying or yelling. My husband is so far on my nerves, I cannot stand it! I can't get over feeling that I need time alone. I have 4 wonderful children, 3 live with me. I am home with them 24-7. We have a pretty good routine most of the time. This past week though, my husband was off work, is it wrong for me to be looking forward to Monday? I feel as if I cannot stand to be around him right now. I think that I am tearing our marriage apart. I just want to go back to the way I use to feel about him, but how? I hate the way I am right now. I can't stand to look in the mirror, all I see is ugliness. What am I to do. I seriously need some help, I can't deal with this feeling anymore. Am I the only one, or are there other people who are going through the same thing. I need to know. I need answers! 

Thanks for listening! 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 22, 2005, 9:25 am CDT

Depression

Quote From: hisjewel

a lot of people feel those ways and it is ok to feel things just well sometimes i guess we dwell on those feellings for a little to long or stuff them and then booommmmmmm we don't know what to do....... it's like we feel like we are going crazy....... sooooooo your not alone in the way you feel and i know that everyoine here would love to be here and support you the best that we can!!  do you know what it is about your husband that gets on your nerves?  sometimes it is the person (in this case your husband)but sometimes it's because we are so sick of ourselves we don't know what to do or what we can handle and booommm people who are close or who we love so much begin to bother us and often we don't know why..

Well, I have asked myself what is it about my husband that gets on mynerves, and I have come up with this. My husband use to be this person who was very confident in himself, and now it's like he has to all of this assurance from that I am not use to giving. He is such a big baby now, when what atracted me to him was that he was so mancho, and tough, and I always knew that I was protected. Now, it's like he wants me to protect him. I didn't sign up for this! 

Oh, and we don't even want to talk about the b'room. I seriously believe that his brain doesn't travel any further than sex. I would like to have a conversation w/ him that is not about that sometimes. 

I don't know. I have just become so angry, that I have a permenent wrinkle in my forehead! I want to be happy, and love myself again. I just don't know how to do it. 

As far as my children are concerned, the only thing lately that I say to them is go upstairs to your rooms or go outside. It is breaking my heart the way I am treating my children. 

I just want to pull my hair out and scream! I am a terrible person and I just want to change! 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
worried
October 22, 2005, 9:29 am CDT

Depression

i wish everything would just go away!!!!!  i wish i wish i wish i don't kow
Tell me waht is going on with you, I am here. I know I have problems of my own, but I would really like to help you with yours.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 22, 2005, 9:40 am CDT

Depression

your not a terrible person you just have all of these feelings and you don't know what to do with them so you do what seems best at the time.....  wow, maybe your husband had something going on he didn't want to talk about it because it was something maybe he felt ashamed of and held it in and allowed it to change him from the person you married to the person he is now..........  that does happen sometimes exspecially if a man feels his manlyness is being memssed with and exspecially when it is a mr macho!!  so now you don't just have him who is affected by his insecurity or way to cope but now it is affecting you and well the children too.........  your not a horrible person or mom!!!  sure you are doing things that aren't normal by sending your children away but really you don't know how to handle things so that's all you know to do..........  it would make a world of difference if you could be able to talk to your husband about when things changed and what the real cause is....... maybe it was an old memory...... maybe there is shame........ there could be so many things but i am here to tell you that things can change it is not to late.......... don't just let it build up talk about it deal with it!!!  i know that is hard exspecially when we feel like a horrible person or ashamed but when we can talk about and deal with things is when we will see the change happen that we want so bad to see
You sound like such an awesome person. Thatnk you so much for your advice. I think I will try it. Try being the key word. I don't know how, but I will. I will post and let you know how things turn out.  Thanks again, I feel alot better. This is exactly what I needed.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 22, 2005, 9:45 am CDT

Depression

everything is wrong and this week it is just getting worse and why because i do stupid things!!! stupid stupid stupid and you know what i can't seem to stop!!!  it doens't help me stop when i can't concentrate, focus or remember..........  sometimes even more then others i just REALLY HATE ME!!  why can't i just be normal!!!  why can't i just errrrrrrrrrgggggggg......... sure we are all forgetful but it's not always because we are being stupid!!!  and my forgetfulness is out of stupidness.................  it doesn't help me to write, haven't found much of anything healthy that helps.............  i am goign to cause me to loose everything i every wanted just because i can't stop doing the things i don't want!!!  that my friend is stupid!!! 

I agree that you are definetely not stupid! Anyone one who can help me out right now, and calm me down when I really felt like going crazy and tearing down the house, is no stupid person!  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 22, 2005, 9:50 am CDT

Depression

Quote From: helena309

hi missmama4.im helena309.nice to meet you.

Hi Helena. You the same. I am so glad I found this message board.  

Hope to talk more later. I need to finish dinner. Talk to everyone later. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board