Message Boards

Messages By: llama116

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 10:59 am CDT

my boys are driving me crazy

I am a single mom of 3 one daughter 23 graduated college and has a good job and lives away from home in orlando where her job is i have 2 boys 8 and 9 with adhd that have not seen there dad since they were 2 that is not my problem my problem is my boys they get up fighting and misbehaving 5 minutes after out of there bed this morning they knocked down a shelf and broke all the trophies in my sons room and this was all before 7am.  i have tried the point system by easy child i have tried everything i have read the books on adhd dr lawless but nothing seems to stop them from fighting and misbehaving my son says he hates the point system and does not like dr phil because i try to use things in his books and shows to help me i even watch the show the nanny but still mornings are my nightmare i just ask my kids to get up i lay the clothes in bins marked each day (and all the toysare in bins marked but they can not keep anything clean )and eat breakfast my younger is very adhd and is very mean and mean in the morning before his medicine and at night when it wears off i have tried per the doctor to ignore but that does not work i have tried giving him a small doss of medicine before he goes to bed to see if maybe that would be better in the morning nothing everything i even went to the boys home over by me and took a short tour no help my eight year old when you tell him no he cries he has been crying since day 1 

they are good at school and when they are at there friends but at home i feel they will be the death of me i am not the type that threatens and does not follow through but that doesn't work either they like to walk on me because i am the only displinary in there life i am so tired of being mister mean guy i do not know what to do please help me i know adhd kids have to be disiplined different but i am going crazy and my kids do not know they are adhd they think they take medicine for allergies my older one is asthmatic  

help me  

lori  

illinois 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 4, 2005, 11:14 am CDT

tom cruise does not know what he is talking about

i am a single mom of 2 boys with adhd and my younger son was diagnosed by his grandma at age 2 but it took me till he was in first to actually do something about it i thougt he was just a brat he could read better then his brother but when he got in first he had a brand new teacher first year and the first day sent him to a problem class and then i new something was wrong he is a very smart child but before and after medicine is hell for me i have read the books taken the class and all trying to learn about this it helps i can talk to my mom when he is to the point of no return my 9 year old was diagnosed last year from his teacher could not concentrate so he is just add now they both get really good grades my younger one teacher says she would not of known if i did not tell her i told her i would take off the medicine and she disagreed in my opinoin i would give tom my son for one week with out his medicine and see what he could do with him and see the results after that week no nannys no part time dad him and tom 24/7 and maybe that would change his mind  

lori  

illinois  

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board