User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
happy
October 6, 2005, 4:37 pm CDT

5' 8" and happy

Quote From: panz919

Dr Phil 

I can"t believe this girl is sorry for being 5'!  I'm 5'9" and I can tell her the grass is always greener on the other side!   I would have loved to be 5' in high school and today too maybe then I would have had a date! the guys always wanted a petite girl, never a tall girl at 5'9" ( I was not bad looking in H.S.) I was just to tall...Men are still pretty shallow today  try a show on two pretty women one petite and one tall put them in the same bar /pick up spot and just see who gets more attention... 

I bet Melissa never had a problem getting a date for the prom or whatever ever the occasion was... 

I'm 45 now and still think guys like petite girls better then tall gals...I think if you did a random questionnaire men would admit they like petite women...Melissa should be great-full for her good looks and her weight ...What would she think if she was 5' and over 100lbs? oh yeah she made that quite clear on the show... 

Sign me, 

Dateless Giant Woman. 

Dateless Giant,  LOL! 

Come on! 5'9" is not exacty a circus freak!  I'm almost as tall as you are and have no problem attracting men.  What men like are not 'petite' women, they like THIN women. They like thin women, be they tall or short.  This is a sad but true fact.  Petite means short, not thin.  If you have ever accidently wandered into the petite section at the department store, you will see the sizes go all the way up to 16 plus. They are just cut SHORTER.  As a matter of fact, I believe that most men would prefer a taller woman as opposed to a shorter woman, if given the choice.  Taller women are more graceful in appearance, and get noticed!  Look at all the fashion models.  TALL!   Tall women can carry a few extra pounds much easier than a short woman.  But the bottom line is, men like thin women.  It's not fair, and it's superficial, but it is a fact, nonetheless.  Stop thinking that you can't get a man because you are 5'9".  That is silly.  Be proud of your height.  I even wear heels! 

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
hopeful
November 4, 2005, 4:29 pm CST

Keep your chin up

Quote From: nichelle81

THANK YOU :-) FROM THURSAYS SHOW

Thank you so much to all the people who posted messages here for me. Nice or mean I have taken the time to read everybodys opinion and take all said into consideration. I apologize that I said the kids were brats. They just act that way sometimes, I DO Love them and Ill do my best to handle the situation. I should not have been so negative in my postings...I guess I was just blown away by all the meanies who hadnt even seen the show yet. Thanks so much to the nice, positive, people who left such great messages. It IS appreciated. "you get more flies with sugar then with vinigar" (not that anyone wants flies! but you get my point! :)Thanks again to everyone.  

Sincerely, Nichelle  

Nichelle, 

When I watched your segment on Dr. Phil, I had nothing but sympathy for your situation.  It sounds like you are totally on your own. I don't recall anything being said about the father during the show, but it sounds like he is not around.  It's difficult enough to be a good mother to healty, normal children.  I can't even imagine what you must go through on a daily basis. 

You are trying to raise a child under very difficult circumstances, without any special training or education on what could help your situation.  I for one will admit I would not want to have to be in your position.  I can't say that I could do any better.  I have not walked in your shoes. 

I hope for you all the best, and hope that you can find some support and education that might make your life easier. 

Bless.... 

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
blank
November 9, 2005, 10:40 pm CST

Internet Dating CAN work

Quote From: s_wgauvin

eHarmony and the like have no value and should not even be included in a conversation about love, marriage and relationships. Its embarassing to see women and men devalue  human contact and all that marriage and love has to offer by portraying themselves as leftovers and societies throwaways. I can see it as entertainment....possibly...somewhat like those hideous gossip magazines.  Does one honestly think that there is respect and admiration to be found here? Personally, these sites and matchmaking organizations are the equivalent of a brothel...you best put yourself on the corner and catch the best thing rounding the bend. What are we teaching the generation behind us watching the selling block ..moreover...what would you tell your children attempting to find love like this!? Madness....

Mrs.G

Internet dating is only a means of meeting people, nothing more.  The two people will either hit it off, find an attraction, or not.  It is no different than meeting someone at a social event for the first time. The internet is simply a way for single people to meet other single people in their area that they would never otherwise meet.  Many singles do not have the opportunity to meet people at work, they do not like to hang out in bars, and they do not feel comfortable trying to approach people they may run into in public, not knowing if they are single or not. 

I met my current boyfriend on match.com.  He has been wonderful, and we both feel such a strong connection to each other, and so comfortable together.  In December we will have been together one year.  He has been one of the greatest relationships in my life.  And no, there are not guarantees it will work out.  But there would be no guarantee either, had I met him across the produce island at the market. 

Don't be so critical of something you know nothing about. 

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
giddy
July 11, 2006, 6:42 pm CDT

No one gets a free ride!

I am amazed how anyone who does not work would even expect that their spending habits would not be a source of contention in a relationship.  If you choose not to work for whatever reason, even staying home with the kids, you are putting yourself in a position to have no control over the household money. If you are in this situation, don't complain about it, go get a job.  

I got my first job at age 15 and have worked ever since.  I don't expect someone to 'take care of me', or pay my way.  I just moved in with my boyfriend and we split all household bills down the middle.  If he 'chose' not to work, you think I would for one second say that I would pay all the bills??  That's what women do all the time.    

I, for one, could not stand to give up my independence or my own income even if I ever married Mr. Moneybags.  The pride in knowing that I was responsible for getting where I go in life is priceless.  Don't give up on independence to have the 'luxury' of staying at home, and not having a paying job.  It's SO not worth it.  

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
upset
July 11, 2006, 7:58 pm CDT

Educate yourself!

Quote From: brandy10

Dr. Phil:  I have two dogs and the female name is Bndy and the male name is Snoopy.  One day I was in my praying room getting ready to pray.  I usually let Brandy in when she come in the same time I do, but this time she didn't.  anyway.  when I came out of my room from praying she pissed on my favorite chair.  The reason I know she did this is when I got ready to sit down I saw a shadow on the chair with a wet stain.  Snoopy wouldn't do that to me, he don't care for me as much as Brandy do.  I did this once before, and Brandy pissed on my chair.  I waited a while before I spake her and this is when she did it the second time.  on 6/23/06 I put her on a two weeks punishment.  started punishment on 6/24/06.  I let her out of the dog house only to go out side and urine and pass a bowel movement only for those two weeks.  Now all Brandy do now is stay in her dog house and every once -in- a- while she come to me and for me to pat her on the head, just to see if she can start over again I guess.  From the day I got her, she had been nothing but a bad girl.  My cats do nothing to pissed her off.  My cat are so afraid of her.  Snoopy, just do not care.

Dogs do not urinate in the house because they are naughty, or because they don't care, or because they are trying to spite you.  If a dog urinates in the house it's because YOU are not watching close enough, and letting them outside  often enough.  Or, it could be a health problem, or a training issue. 

To put a dog on a two week punishment is crazy.  A dog has no clue why you are mad, or what they did wrong unless you catch them right in the act at the moment it happens.  You are only succeeding in making your dog a fearful, and poory socialized, and very sad creature, who actually probably loves you despite all of your abuse. 

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
worried
May 8, 2007, 6:42 pm CDT

I almost married a "Jeffrey"

When I was 21, I was engaged to a potential "Jeffrey".  Thank God I got out of that realationship before it was too late. Don't blame the victim in this type of situation. It doesn't start out ugly. It starts out fairly normal, and turns uglier and scarier over time.

I dated this guy for two years, and by the time I had to break it off, he was totally and completely obsessed.  Some of his behaviour towards the end;

If I went out with the girls, he would leave a rose on my doorstep (we did not live together) and sign it 'from the guy you met last night'  (To see if I DID meet someone and would tell him or not about the rose).

He had NO friends of his own, and was not liked by those who knew him.

He could not hold a job and it was ALWAYS the fault of his boss.

He would call my house every night at 5:10 , even as I was putting my key in the front door getting home from work. (Had to know I was home)

He told me he cried all the way to his vehicle after dropping me off at the airport to visit my brother in another state (weird!)

I came to realize that I had to get OUT of this relationship, and I was scared.  After dating the guy for two years, and being engaged for two months, I got the strength to break it off. And I will tell you, when the guy is obsessive, and unstable, this is a VERY frightening thing to do. So much so, that I even hid my set of kitchen knives that night. I was that unsure of how he would react. 

He was horribly upset, and did stalk me for a while after that, but we did finally go our separate ways.  But to make sure, I did move to another city.  This was over 20 years ago, and I still remember it vividly.

What for those warning signs, don't ignore, and get out before it's too late.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board