Message Boards

Messages By: kindheart1

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
upset
October 5, 2005, 11:13 pm CDT

Having Trouble With My Soon To Be In Laws

my name is bridget and i am 17 i'll be turning 18 in January and i'm getting married to the love of my life in march and his mother and father hates me with a passion. I dont understand it because I have been so nice to them and never said anything out of the way to them because I love my fiance and I dont want him in the middle of all this but he is and I dont like that.. They tell him not to marry me because I'm a trouble maker and a liar and that I'm no good..So we dont know what to do...We are not letting them come to our wedding or come to our house or anything because of the way that his parents treats us when we are together.  They are so harsh I'm a very sweet and loving girl and I always give everyong a chance because thats the kind of person that I am. I love my fiance with all my heart and soul but we just dont know what to do about his parents because they even abused him when he was little but he is nothing like his parents at all..He is so loving and caring it's hard to believe that he came from that mess you know.  So my parents are helping us by giving us their old trailer and helping us get started ...We love my parents cause they are willing to help us and approve of our marriage...So Please if you all have any advice or just anything please let me know....Thanks Bridget

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 6, 2005, 11:08 pm CDT

thanks

Quote From: kobeer

I dated a guy for two years and we were planning on getting married. But my problem was that he was a HUGE momma's boy and everything she said, he had to do it and he thought everything she said was true. His sister started saying lies about me like I was going to cheat on him, etc. I was always nice to his family and they would talk behind my back. He never stuck up for me and that is why I ended the relationship. My advise would be to stay away from his parents till they treated the both of you better. You two are adults now, not children. They need to treat you like it or they shouldn't be around you and your man. But I'm not an expert, so I don't know if that is the best advice. Maybe if you stay away, one day they will come around. I wish you two the best.
Thank you for your advice...it really helps to have other ppl around to talk too....Trust me I'm going to stay away from his parents for as long as i can...cause the only thing that they know how to do is cause us trouble...thanks again

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board