Message Boards

Messages By: fredastare

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 11, 2006, 1:07 pm CST

Red Flag For April

April's soon to be ex husband, ( in my opinion the sooner the better ), gave me the creeps.  He sat so smug, so calm, so eerily detached from the human angst and emotions of a beautiful young lady who merely months before he made his wife.  At the wedding itself April weighed in at around 75 lbs.  He was willing to marry her then - disease and all.  Why the sudden change of heart  once the long sufffering April decided to make a valiant decision to pursue treatment for her debilitating battle with anorexia?  That moron can whine all he likes about his loss of freedom, his new found self, his being outed from the home in the wee hours of the morning, boo hoo..... for poor hubby....... boo hoo, indeed. 

My guess, and that's all it is, is that he is one messed up boy, by far in worse shape than April ever was.  A heartless, self-centered person is not  the anchor April needs around her 'neck' , not now.......not EVER!  I do find it oddly disturbing that in Aprils' seeking serious treatment soon after their vows, that the lumox suddenly had an epiphany!  The golden light of sanity hit the "poor baby" that he was being stiffled, and life is sooo much better without April.  Makes one wonder whether life for hubby would have been EXACTLY perfect for the "poor boy" if April would have indeed succumbed to her battle with anorexia?  As I understood the situation, she was after all told she had mere weeks to live, if something wasn't done immediately.  Strange to me how a healthy and beautiful recovering young lady is no longer 'missed' by this "poor sad moron".  Unless the pity play would served a "poor me widower" to an even greater degree?  April should check to see what that heartless beast had in life insurance on her very precious being.  I'm betting she just wasn't going to be as great an asset that he imagined her to be............. so BE WARY ladies.......... like I said this unconcionable coward gives me the creeps, and not many people can do that so easily.   

April Kudo's to you, you look stunning, from the inside and out!  My hunch is that you are on the road to the absolute best your life has ever been......keep it up, and NEVER look back.  You are in my prayers,  you go girl!!! 

Fredi 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 15, 2006, 4:20 am CST

Yes Just TV

Quote From: tiffrock

Hi everyone!  My name is Tiffany.  I was one of the girls on the show, but not a featured girl.  I am reading these messages, and honestly, I am getting a little upset.  I don't think that  any of you are realizing that this is TELEVISION.  First of all, for the people yesterday who said that we are all shallow women with no real lives, I must disagree completely.  These women have impressive careers, are intelligent, fun, and outgoing.  I for one had an amazing time getting to know all of them that weekend.  And as for the cruel comments towards January...you saw her on camera for 5 minutes...I spent an entire emotionally intensive weekend with her.  January is a sweet, wonderful woman.   By the way, again a television thing, she was JOKING when she called herself a 10, although, personally, I think she's right on!  I think that what she is dealing with is, just like she said on the show...how do you rewire your brain to be attracted to things that it just isn't.  Granted, the things that make me attracted to a man aren't nearly what hers are, but still, I must say, I understand.  You are either attracted to someone or you aren't...and getting past that can be very difficult.  I give her kudos for realizing that problem, and sincerely wanting advice on how to deal with it.   

As for the generalizing of all the girls on the show...please keep in mind, there were 17 of us there that weekend...there was over 400 hours of footage shot...what you are seeing is merely a glimplse of who we are and what we have to offer.  And in many cases, it's not at all showing the best of these women.  It was a stressful, crazy weekend, and it's difficult for anyone to maintain the upmost class and dignity in that situation.  People are human.  If someone had a video camera on you for a week, what little snippets could they pull out?  

Anyhow, I am really glad that I did the show.  I made friends with some of the most incredible women and men I've ever met in my life, and I am sad that you guys didn't really get to see them for what they are.     

Hey Tiffany thanks for setting the record straight, far too many folks take all they see and hear from television and personalize it............Dr Phil's show is a cross section of life, people, and above all meant to incorporate valuable life lessons.  To do so it indeed takes real people and mere moments of footage.   

People, try and looks past the perceptions and value the lesson...........these people are REAL, they have FEELINGS.............and above all else I believe that they are doing ALL of us a huge favor in allowing themselves to be portrayed and edited for the benefit of US! 

Keep 'rockin' Tiffany and ALL the island folks! 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 16, 2006, 3:56 pm CST

Give The Kids A Chance

All you beauty pageat moms, and stage mothers.............stop living vicaciously through your children!  

GO GET YOURSELF A BARBIE DOLL AND PLAY WITH IT!!! 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 16, 2006, 5:23 pm CST

Truth Hurts

Quote From: jewelerboy

I wanted to chime in and tell you how right you are.. and hope you could introduce me to the lady they pictured at the top of this discussion board.. 

She looks so much like Lee Meriweather did when she was 30.. I hope I can get her phone number... 

Ha ha............. loved the sarcasm, yet then again it is eerily acurate - the comparison..........like the good Dr. said "creepy" 

cheers, from a fellow Canuck 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2006, 4:12 am CST

Right On!

Quote From: calimoon

That's because little girls who are in dance have make-up so they can be seen on stage and through bright lighting. They are being judged or watched for the talent they have learned, not how gorgeous or beautiful they are individually.  

It IS creepy to see little girls dressed up like hookers or grown-ups with fake hair and make-up on. What is wrong with little girl pageants with clothes on that fit their age, no sexy poses and no make-up?? What is wrong with natural beauty and by the way, what do they have to look forward to when they grow up if they are already  wearing make-up, hair pieces and dressing like an adult?  

Fun? 

My grand daughter has Cinderella and Tinkerbell costumes she wears at home playing dress up and has a blast playing make believe, what's wrong with that? We put on shows and she dances and sings in her little dress up clothes, AT HOME. She also looks forward to Halloween. 

nicely said, like the good Dr. said...."that just gives me the creeps"......... 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2006, 4:24 am CST

Yeah Right..........

Quote From: zzsmom

I would just like to say, my daughter competes in Pageants and has been competing since she was about 9 months old. She is now 3. I do not make her do the pageants, she does them when she wants to. We have actually went to a pageant, she didn't want to do it, so we left. I disagree with alot of what is being said. Pageants do build self esteem and self awareness for young ladies. It isn't only about beauty, it's about talent and brains. The Georgia Forestry Scholarship System is the system that I am very involved in, I co-direct our local pageant. The teen girls have a platform, perform a speech, participate in an interview, as well as answer an on-stage question. The speech and interview part counts as 75% of the total points. There are parents who use pageants to "live" through their children, but not all. As far as the little girl today, looking "Scary", that was cruel! My little girl wears makeup and a hairpiece, she has beautiful hair of her own, but instead of teasing her hair, it is easier to put it in a pony tail and pin in the hair piece. Those of you who don't know the ins and outs of pageants, should just keep your mouths shut!! Or do some research. 

I also would like to comment on the judging aspect of pageants, I judge local, state and national pageants. If at ANY time a director comes to me and says that they are changing my scores then I  will excuse myself. I was hired to judge that pageant and it is made plain, my scores stay. I have never been to a pageant where we see the girls or speak to them before the pageant. I am certified to judge Georgia Forestry Pageants as well as Miss GA Prelims in the Miss America System. 

Some people do take it too far, but not all. I have met some wonderful people through the pageant system and we don't use the voy boards to bash or demean, we use them for information and to congratulate girls. 

So before you decide to bash pageants and call these little girls "creepy" do some research! All they are doing is playing dress up!!! Its all about fun! I don't see any of you saying these things about the little girls who take dance for years and years 

Wow, at nine months old your daughter had an epiphany and CHOSE to be involved in the pageant world!!!  She must be a true phenom!  It's a free world so keeping one's mouth shut..........sounds a bit like an angry desperate retort............hmm of a pageant mom being found out?   

CREEPY, CREEPY CREEPY.........THE TRUTH HURTS...........and I wonder why you didn't enlighten us as to why your daughter didn't want to "do it" ( the pageant you dropped out of )?  As far as being a judge what are the credentials?  An MBA?  Perhaps a doctorate degree?...........ahhh probably a mirror and an ego massage, cause it's looking to me that it's all about 'mommy(s)'...............SAD  

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2006, 4:25 am CST

Yeah Right..........

Quote From: zzsmom

I would just like to say, my daughter competes in Pageants and has been competing since she was about 9 months old. She is now 3. I do not make her do the pageants, she does them when she wants to. We have actually went to a pageant, she didn't want to do it, so we left. I disagree with alot of what is being said. Pageants do build self esteem and self awareness for young ladies. It isn't only about beauty, it's about talent and brains. The Georgia Forestry Scholarship System is the system that I am very involved in, I co-direct our local pageant. The teen girls have a platform, perform a speech, participate in an interview, as well as answer an on-stage question. The speech and interview part counts as 75% of the total points. There are parents who use pageants to "live" through their children, but not all. As far as the little girl today, looking "Scary", that was cruel! My little girl wears makeup and a hairpiece, she has beautiful hair of her own, but instead of teasing her hair, it is easier to put it in a pony tail and pin in the hair piece. Those of you who don't know the ins and outs of pageants, should just keep your mouths shut!! Or do some research. 

I also would like to comment on the judging aspect of pageants, I judge local, state and national pageants. If at ANY time a director comes to me and says that they are changing my scores then I  will excuse myself. I was hired to judge that pageant and it is made plain, my scores stay. I have never been to a pageant where we see the girls or speak to them before the pageant. I am certified to judge Georgia Forestry Pageants as well as Miss GA Prelims in the Miss America System. 

Some people do take it too far, but not all. I have met some wonderful people through the pageant system and we don't use the voy boards to bash or demean, we use them for information and to congratulate girls. 

So before you decide to bash pageants and call these little girls "creepy" do some research! All they are doing is playing dress up!!! Its all about fun! I don't see any of you saying these things about the little girls who take dance for years and years 

Wow, at nine months old your daughter had an epiphany and CHOSE to be involved in the pageant world!!!  She must be a true phenom!  It's a free world so keeping one's mouth shut..........sounds a bit like an angry desperate retort............hmm of a pageant mom being found out?   

CREEPY, CREEPY CREEPY.........THE TRUTH HURTS...........and I wonder why you didn't enlighten us as to why your daughter didn't want to "do it" ( the pageant you dropped out of )?  As far as being a judge what are the credentials?  An MBA?  Perhaps a doctorate degree?...........ahhh probably a mirror and an ego massage, cause it's looking to me that it's all about 'mommy(s)'...............SAD  

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2006, 4:28 am CST

Concerned

Quote From: alicefusco

These parents are clearly filling their own needs. This is unhealthy - and no toddler can make decisions about whether they should do something like this. It gives the wrong messages - I am very concerned about these kids.
Well said, concerned for the pageant-stage children, NOT to forget the forgotten siblings..........sad indeed, I pray for them 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2006, 4:41 am CST

Can't Take The Heat........

Quote From: themommie

There is not feather Boa anywhere but in your imagination.  there is a feather in the Prince's costume hat that is based on the costume of the Prince from Sleeping Beauty the one he wore dancing to the Song "Do you Love Me now that I can Dance" and The Singing In The Rain yes that may not be blue wool but it is a reproduction of the costume worn by Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain. The Beach Outfit I asked my Mom to make the jacket and beach shorts because I don't think the speedos some of the other boys wear is appropriate and it is quite cute not girly. 

You are just a very mean bully  

Like Dr. Phil said, what you are doing, as in the type of activities you choose to involve your son in may come with consequences............" a mean bully"???  My God what will either you or your child do when a REAL bully begins taunting?  Nothing wrong with nurturing a childs gifts........but take the good Doc's advice and look at healthier ways to accomplish this for your childs sake..........PLEASE!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 17, 2006, 3:15 pm CST

How Sad

Quote From: rdslots

I have lived under the assumption for years that my family was/is the only dysfunctional one.  The previews were scary because that could soooooo easily have been my mother on the screen.  The worst thing I recall mine telling one of us was,  "you should've been one that went down the toilet."  We grew up fully aware of several miscarriages between the births of the three of us.  I never realized, until I had a child of my own, just how vicious my mother is.  I would sooner cut my tongue out before I'd say such a thing to my daughter.

I hope that life shines beauty, serenity, love and happiness upon you and your siblings.  Remember it's not you never was............it's her ........... 

Chin up, 

fredi 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board