Message Boards

Messages By: kristen33

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
confused
October 6, 2005, 10:42 pm CDT

Haven't found my payoff yet

Hi there.  This is my first post.  I find myself here because I am feeling pretty overwhelmed with my weight.   It's been an issue since I was a very young girl.  I can't count the portion of my life I've wasted freaking out about my weight.  I had my first child last year and had gestational diabetes.  I thought that was a wakeup call and began walking everyday.  That only lasted a few months and now I'm heavier than I've ever been in my life.  I'm a compulsive overeater.  I've never admitted that to anyone before.   I know what I have to do to lose weight...I've read all the books and understand nutrition and exercise.  But for some reason, I just never stick with it.  I  cannot figure out why I sabotage myself.  I read these boards and see people discussing their "Aha moment" and I'm really wanting mine.   But is that another stalling technique?  That I can't start taking control of my weight until I understand why I have a problem?  I'm all wrapped up in my head and am really tired of it.  Any advice?  

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
hopeful
January 1, 2006, 9:23 pm CST

Here we go....

I posted a cry for help back in July and then never checked  for replies...and gained 10 more pounds.  At the beginning of December  I  started  eating healthier.   What a time to start, right?  I also got a treadmill for Christmas.  No excuses for not walking now!  Anyhow, I'm back to the message boards because I know I need a friend or two to help with the massive undertaking of losing 75 pounds.  Is there anyone out there that could use a buddy for a new start at the New Year?  My ultimate goal is to partner up with someone, really be there for them and count on them to be there for me, and to lose this weight once and for all.  Wouldn't it be great to be able to send Dr. Phil our success story? 

P.S.  I had two very kind people reply to my first post...lauritac and ritehere.   I want to thank both of you for your encouragement.  I'm just sorry I didn't embrace it sooner.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 1, 2006, 9:34 pm CST

Buddy here!

Looks like we're spread out all over the state...My name is Kristen and I live in Little Rock.  I need to lose 75+ pounds and think I could really benefit from having  a friend go through this with me.  I know my family and friends would help if I just asked, but I want someone who really understands the struggle.  Any takers? 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 3, 2006, 1:26 pm CST

What's Your Payoff for Being Overweight?

Quote From: stefywi

I'll chat with ya.  And give you my advice, and let you know where I'm at, and so on, and so on  if you'd like it. 

I need to lose, after I have this baby,  ahem, 60lbs.  I went from 125lbs, to 185lbs.  Now, I've had some complications to complicate my weight gain, but it distresses me just as much as if I did it all on my own.  Being with my fiance's family didn't help either, they don't exactly eat chicken and fish as part of their diet, and I hadn't seen any veggies there, well, potatoes, but I don't consider that to be a vegetable, that's a starch.  We lived with them for a while about 4 - 5 months until we could find a place of our own, we moved from one town to another while he found a new job, and I got sick and had to stay home, with nothing but chips and crap to snack on.  I'm not impressed with myself or them.  But hey, it's their lives and I can fix the damage that had been done during that time. 

Now, I am going to be giving birth in about 5-7 weeks.  But I want to jump start my health again and start working out again, of course I'm only allowed to walk at minimum heart rate for 20 minutes a day, but hey, it's something, it's the act itself for me right now.  Not the weight loss. 

Anyway, send a reply because I would like to know if you're into this full time or not.  I've had people jump on with me in the past to get in shape, but when I showed more dedication than them, they quit, and I lost my support.  That really ticked me off.  I tend to go hard core when I train and diet, I've been doing fitness for about 2 years now, I've learned a lot and researched a lot as well.   

So, if you'd like, I'm here to train and let you know how I'm doing and give advice as well, as well as congratulate you when you succeed, send pictures of progress and everything. 

Support buddy all the way! 

You sound like exactly what I need!  Our stories are very similar, because I went from 130 to 185 in the last year and a half...since I had a baby and became a stay-at-home Mom.  Most of the weight was from the pregnancy, but I've watched it slowly climb since the summer.   I think I'm having some sort of nervous-breakdown (ha haa) about being as big as I am.   I'm planning on getting pregnant later this year and all I can think is that I'll be over 200 pounds...and that really terrifies me.  Email me at trisninity@yahoo.com anytime.  I look forward to hearing from you!  And THANK YOU.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 4, 2006, 8:00 pm CST

Hi Elaine!

Quote From: epadgett

Kristen 

I lost about 60 lbs about a year ago.  I went into a plateau and have never been able to shake it.  I still have about 80 more pounds to go.  I just can't seem to get motivated.  I had a horrible time over the Christmas break.  I ate like there was no tomorrow, and now my body thinks I am starving it to death because I am trying to eat right. 

I would love to talk back and forth with you.  I really think that I need someone to be accountable to.  I am trying to keep my calories at 1500 per day.  I am also trying to walk at least 3 times a week for about 20 minutes.  I hope to increase this at time goes on. 

It would be great to hear from you. 

Elaine  

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on losing 60 pounds!   That's  such a huge achievement in itself! And I can totally relate to your Christmas struggle.  I think that's just part of human nature (okay, American culture?) to overeat at the holidays.  The only reason I didn't gain this Christmas is because I had a horrible virus for a week.  I actually lost 5 pounds.  Somehow, just seeing the scale go down that little bit sparked something in me.  It's just so refreshing to step on the scale and not see a higher number. 
    1500 calories a day is what I'm striving for as well.  I'm not on any particular diet.  I'm just trying to make healthy choices and not eat after dinner.  Nighttime has always been the hardest for me.
    Now, I read on Yahoo Health that to lose weight, you have to exercise more than 20 minutes a day/3 times a week.  Lots of people get stuck on that formula, but I think that's a formula for maintaining weight.  Personally, I'm scared of "burnout", so for the first week (started today), I'm doing 3 times a week and next week I'll step it up to 4...continuing like that until I'm at 6 days a week with Sundays off. 
Okay, I'll wrap it up.  Just know I'd love to have you as a Weight Loss Buddy.  You can email me at trisninity@yahoo.com anytime.  I'll respond with my starting weight, goals, etc.
Kristen

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board